Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.
no avatar

KamP50

Apple (iOS)

Lost Maleficent Coins & Refresh Tokens

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:44 am
Hello Gameloft,

My tower currency and refresh tokens got reset (and converted to gems) right after chapter 2 ended.

I contacted CC and got a reply: Kindly note it's an intended mechanic that your Maleficent Coins and Refresh Tokens get reset at the end of each chapter.

I dunno why CC makes this type of statement, but it's definitely incorrect. I hope GL could fix this as soon as possible.

My ticket ID is 20974249.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. ❤️
no avatar

KamP50

Apple (iOS)

KamP50 wrote:
I contacted CC and got a reply: Kindly note it's an intended mechanic that your Maleficent Coins and Refresh Tokens get reset at the end of each chapter.

What CC claims also doesn't accord with the community manager's tutorial during the update 42 livestream. https://youtu.be/svabboDFomo?t=864

Tower Challenge is a 15-day long event split into 3 chapters...
During this event, you earn event points which reset with every chapter and are used toward milestone and leaderboard rewards, and Maleficent Coins which only reset at the end of the Tower Challenge and can be used to redeem characters, attractions & tokens in the Event Shop.

Hope GL could make this right for us players.
no avatar

ECly10

Windows PC

The very same thing just happened to me. 13,000 points and 22,000 EC, just gone. And completion of the first two chapters is erased, so the milestone bonuses are now unavailable.

The same thing happened in the last tower challenge, and support didn't get back to me before the event ended, so that was useless.

Ticket number: 20981927

Can someone explain to me why this keeps happening? There's no point in spending the time and money on these challenges just to have it taken all away totally at random.
no avatar

LaurelT

Apple (iOS)

mine is 20982623 😢 thx in advance

Joy FromGameloft

Community Manager

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:47 pm
@KamP50 I'm so glad your case was finally solved! <3

@ECly10, @LaurelT We're on it!

Joy
Always use common sense and don’t do anything to another member that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It’s the Golden Rule!

If you're using vulgarities, your post will be edited into one adorable/cute & lovely one!
no avatar

staernli78

Windows PC

Re: Lost Maleficent Coins & Refresh Tokens

Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:13 am
Hi,
the same here. I lost my progress from the tower event on monday 07/09/2020. Tower step 1 and 2 successful win. But now it say that was unsuccessful and loose tower event money 20000 and refresh drink 23. I can't get Gord because of this problem. the gifts from step 1 and 2 are in the buildingsstorage.
my Ticket-ID ist: 20987325

thanks for your speed reponse.

Joy FromGameloft

Community Manager

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:10 pm
We're on it!

Joy
Always use common sense and don’t do anything to another member that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It’s the Golden Rule!

If you're using vulgarities, your post will be edited into one adorable/cute & lovely one!
no avatar

Shauni Cunningham

Google Play (Android)

I also lost all of mine at the end of chapter 2 (25000MC and 30 Refresh tokens). I immediately put a ticket in to gameloft customer care (ID 20974117) but still haven't heard back. It has been 3 days now and I am worried I won't be able to get Gord 😢. I was easily on track to get him and now I can't refresh characters in chapter 3 as I don't have tokens. I will be extremely disappointed if I am not compensated for the lost opportunity that this tech issue has caused which may cost me getting the character.
no avatar

Burlyman

Windows PC

I lost all of mine, and the first two stages that I had completed.

My reply from Gameloft was:

Concerning the result of chapters 1 and 2, I'm afraid that we are unable to change them to "successful" since they are already over and due to technical reasons. We hope for your understanding.

So, they are telling me that I LOST all of my progress and no way will be able to get Gord now. Unless I spend money to buy him or take chances in chests.
no avatar

Teryn Hubly

Windows PC

Re: Lost Maleficent Coins & Refresh Tokens

Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:58 am
I have the same issue. I received the little "there was an issue" gift of three chests and I seriously hope they don't think this is going to make up for losing everything for my event progress. I was going to be able to unlock Gord tonight or tomorrow and now I have nothing. Can't see the other tower success items in the shop, no tokens, and no cocoa. Somehow it managed to keep my leaderboard score after I sent another team to challenge the tower. 
My ticket ID is 20990203