Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.
no avatar

FireMrshlBill

Windows PC

Ad volume on PC

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:52 am
Could you adjust the ad volume on PC? The way I have my volume set up, I keep the master volume for this game below 50%, however, Ad volume goes at 100% no matter what, so it is blaring over my PC speakers. So anytime I want to watch an ad, I have to turn either the system or physical speaker volume down, watch the ad and then turn it back up. I see no reason that ad volume does not follow the master volume slider within the game, or even a separate Ad volume slider that doesn't go below 25% or even 50%, I get why you need volume to please the advertisers, but it is ridiculuous how I can have my game volume down and then ads start booming.

Because of how I set up my pc, applications and speaker volume, I do not wish to rearrange everything just so playing ads in this game doesn't wake my house (or neighbors).

Thanks!

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Ad volume on PC

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:33 am
Not that I've found. I've taken to muting the system volume before playing ads, then turning it back on after because of what you've just described.
no avatar

FireMrshlBill

Windows PC

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:23 pm
Going to bump this up. The volume during ads is just incredibly loud on PC. I often will play music or have a youtube video playing split screen while I play, and the ad volume is many times louder than youtube and itunes on my PC. There is no reason that ad volume can't be turned down a bit (I get not off) so that it doesn't blast my ears if I don't turn my system volume down in time. Even having it follow the master volume slider with a min volume of 33% or so would be great, I'd even take 50% though that would still be louder than my music or youtube. Its just music in most ads anyway and not informative volume to sell whatever the ad is for.

I'd love it for a Gameloft employee to respond to this and say if they can do anything. It makes me not want to play if I have to pause things I am doing in the background just so I don't go deaf or wake the house.
no avatar

FireMrshlBill

Windows PC

Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:58 am
Just noticed they added in a mute option on ads. Hopefully that sticks! Would be great if it just remembered your selection to mute for all ads so I don't have to endure that first second or so before the mute button appears on the ad.