Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.
no avatar

407space

Windows PC

Game hangs on "Checking Content"

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:30 pm
Hi my ticket is 18655315
Right before I was about to welcome Shenzi, my game stopped working.  I have spent all night trying to reinstall the game in order to get Shenzi.

Here is a description of the problem: as the game installs, right after it plays the Mickey cut scene there is a progress bar that says Checking Content.  Then a popup that says "Connection good, thank you."  My game is stuck on a loop with the progress bar and popup msg. 

Some of the attempts to fix it that I have tried:
- Resetting and reinstalling the game
- Restarting computer
- Restarting internet
- Updated Microsoft Store
- Turned off antivirus and added exception to firewall
- Closed all other processes and programs

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Re: Game hangs on

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 am
407space wrote:
Hi my ticket is 18655315
Right before I was about to welcome Shenzi, my game stopped working.  I have spent all night trying to reinstall the game in order to get Shenzi.

Here is a description of the problem: as the game installs, right after it plays the Mickey cut scene there is a progress bar that says Checking Content.  Then a popup that says "Connection good, thank you."  My game is stuck on a loop with the progress bar and popup msg. 

Some of the attempts to fix it that I have tried:
- Resetting and reinstalling the game
- Restarting computer
- Restarting internet
- Updated Microsoft Store
- Turned off antivirus and added exception to firewall
- Closed all other processes and programs

Hey 407space, 

Try disabling your wifi tempoaraily or place the PC into airplane mode. Try loading the game again and see if it loads all the way. If it does then toggle your wifi back on.
no avatar

407space

Windows PC

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:44 pm
Thanks for suggestion Coug.
It didn't work but I was able to resolve the issue with instructions in an email from Gameloft techs to run WSReset.exe to clear the cache of the Microsoft store.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:26 am
407space wrote:
Thanks for suggestion Coug.
It didn't work but I was able to resolve the issue with instructions in an email from Gameloft techs to run WSReset.exe to clear the cache of the Microsoft store.

Excellent!