Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.
no avatar

TrueTayX

Windows PC

On my Windows Work PC, this morning, I synced successfully to match what was sent up from my Home PC.  However, going back home this afternoon, I get no prompts to update via cloud content.  I've tried disconnecting/re-connecting Facebook and MSN/MSA sync and neither did anything.

What's even weirder is that, if I use my work PC to watch ads for gems or chests, I don't get them there.  If I boot my home PC version of the game, it then says "oops, you should have received this content" and gives me the gems or chests.  However, that basically means I am losing the gems and chests because my home PC is on an older save and I cannot get it to use my newer save.

What can I do to get cloud sync working again?  I've never had a single issue until today.

UserID:  2566:asa:4chd

TayX
no avatar

TrueTayX

Windows PC

@Joy?  Is there anyone who can assist?  I have a ticket (GBL-53669-122, Ticket # 18140277) but the customer support has not been helpful, unfortunately.  They are not actually reading what I'm writing about my issue.

My account is somehow broken on my Work PC where it recognizes I'm on-line but doesn't see the leaderboard event nor does it offer me ads for gems, chests, or parade happiness.  The calendar and overall Moana event do work though.  Since the game syncing to the cloud stopped working, I cannot simply uninstall to try to fix it as I'll lose my progress.

So, my two options would be:
1) Somehow have Gameloft help me fix the account sync on this PC.
2) Have Gameloft help me take the save game files from my broken PC and copy them to an existing PC that does work.  Then, if my PC has my latest progress and is connected, it will save to the cloud and I can uninstall/reinstall on the broken PC.

TayX

Joy FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hmmm and the internet connection on your work PC is strong enough?
The ticket is double checked right now. <3

Joy
Always use common sense and don’t do anything to another member that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It’s the Golden Rule!

If you're using vulgarities, your post will be edited into one adorable/cute & lovely one!
no avatar

TrueTayX

Windows PC

Hi Joy.  Yes.  I can even play the game by connecting remotely to my work PC (although it's very slow that way).  And the Calendar updates work, etc.  As of the moment, I am now stuck actually as, not only can't I participate in the mini-event, the Moana event is now blocked as I need to Welcome Pua and it won't let me proceed (it's grayed out with no further event quests).

Another option would be:  If I could upload my local save game files to OneDrive and provide a link, can support restore them or put them in the cloud for me?  It looks like something got corrupted on my work PC for the account and the only way to fix it is to probably uninstall/re-install, which will lose all local progress.

Since I only get one reply a day from support and, unfortunately,  they haven't been too helpful so far, is there any other way to connect with someone who is based in the US for faster turnaround?  I'm happy to have a chat to help resolve as, otherwise, if it takes another day or two (or five), the loss will not be recoverable.

The sad thing is I was just about to spend money on some legendary chests too to try to get Grumpy!

Thanks!

TayX

Joy FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hi TrueTayX,

Wanted to follow up on this and let you know that your case needs more attention from us. It has been forwarded do our devs and we'll make sure to keep you updated.

Joy
Always use common sense and don’t do anything to another member that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It’s the Golden Rule!

If you're using vulgarities, your post will be edited into one adorable/cute & lovely one!
no avatar

TrueTayX

Windows PC

Thanks, Joy.  Hopefully it can be resolved in the next day or so, otherwise the event will be a loss without being able to welcome the newer characters.  I already missed the entire seedling mini-event I think but that's not as big a deal except for the currency/radiant chest loss.

TayX
no avatar

TrueTayX

Windows PC

Unfortunately, customer care continues to reply with ideas that are unrelated to the problem I reported and would actually cause me to lose my progress if I followed the advice.  I guess there is one day left to resolve before I'll need to give up but the support has not been very promising for this particular issue, sadly.  They've been great before but not this time as it's taken multiple replies before they even actually read the description of the problem I submitted.  :(

TayX
no avatar

TrueTayX

Windows PC

It's been weeks now and no updates from Customer Care.  :(  So, I guess most hope is lost?

TayX