Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.

Maiadab

Google Play (Android)

I updated the app on my Chromebook and since then the game won't load.  It crashes every time on the Dumbo load screen.  I can't play the challenge!!!  I don't seem to be the only one this is affecting.  Several people on the 'General Questions' group are saying the same thing.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that didn't help.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Maiadab wrote:
I updated the app on my Chromebook and since then the game won't load.  It crashes every time on the Dumbo load screen.  I can't play the challenge!!!  I don't seem to be the only one this is affecting.  Several people on the 'General Questions' group are saying the same thing.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that didn't help.

Hello Maiadab, 

First check the storage information on your phone under settings. Make sure you have at least 2GB of free space on your phone not on your external storage. 

If you have enough space and still can't load the game contact customer care by visiting the following link: 
https://support.gameloft.com/contactus? ... verify=yes
no avatar

uncalculatedusername

Google Play (Android)

Oh man, I feel your pain. I'm having the same issue with my chromebook since the update yesterday. I have issued a ticket (17961057), gone through the steps issued in the auto reply email (except uninstall because I super scared to lose all the progress and $ put into the park) and have 3.7GB of free space on the tablet's hard drive (not the external storage.) I'm so bummed to miss the Tower Challenge and lose my playing streak on top of it. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually but the waiting is really the hardest part. Especially when it is your (thankfully) first time having a problem and are unsure of "ticket" protocol. Good luck everyone!

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

uncalculatedusername wrote:
Oh man, I feel your pain. I'm having the same issue with my chromebook since the update yesterday. I have issued a ticket (17961057), gone through the steps issued in the auto reply email (except uninstall because I super scared to lose all the progress and $ put into the park) and have 3.7GB of free space on the tablet's hard drive (not the external storage.) I'm so bummed to miss the Tower Challenge and lose my playing streak on top of it. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually but the waiting is really the hardest part. Especially when it is your (thankfully) first time having a problem and are unsure of "ticket" protocol. Good luck everyone!

Hello uncalculatedusername, 

If you have your game connected to social media such as Facebook you should have no trouble uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Once you reinstall, load the game and watch the intro video. You should then be able to reconnect to Facebook and it will load your saved game progress. For future reference right down your User ID on a piece of paper and put it somewhere safe. The User ID is an alphanumeric number that appears in the top left corner of the screen as the game loads it can also be found in the "credits" tab if the game is loaded already. Should you ever lose your game progress and are unable to get it from Facebook this number is how Gameloft will restore your progress. They save a copy of your saved game progress on their own servers for this reason. 

Thanks for sharing your Ticket ID. A mod should be able to follow up soon on your ticket.
no avatar

uncalculatedusername

Google Play (Android)

Thanks for responding Coug! Unfortunately, I was in the process of connecting my userID with Facebook before the app auto-updated. D'oh! So that option is out. I do have my User ID mdc:2dhcdc7 . I haven't heard anything back from Gameloft support since March 22nd after following the advice to uninstall from the play store. The game goes to a sign up page and then crashes. It now shows a new User ID. My replies go unanswered and I didn't really want to be the squeaky wheel to get help or create multiple tickets when I have one going (17961057). I know you all are busy but I'm getting close to losing interest in the game with all this lost time and $. I would love to be able to continue playing but I cannot get the game to load. Maiadab-Did your game ever load on your Chromebook? Best of luck to everyone!

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

uncalculatedusername wrote:
Thanks for responding Coug! Unfortunately, I was in the process of connecting my userID with Facebook before the app auto-updated. D'oh! So that option is out. I do have my User ID mdc:2dhcdc7 . I haven't heard anything back from Gameloft support since March 22nd after following the advice to uninstall from the play store. The game goes to a sign up page and then crashes. It now shows a new User ID. My replies go unanswered and I didn't really want to be the squeaky wheel to get help or create multiple tickets when I have one going (17961057). I know you all are busy but I'm getting close to losing interest in the game with all this lost time and $. I would love to be able to continue playing but I cannot get the game to load. Maiadab-Did your game ever load on your Chromebook? Best of luck to everyone!

Hey, 

That's an unacceptable amount of time to not receive a response. I'll try and get Joy to take a look at your ticket.

Joy FromGameloft

Community Manager

Thanks Coug for the heads up! 🤗

The ticket was just attended, uncalculatedusername. Check the steps provided by our Customer Care agent. If you lose the progress, kindly let him know. If it crashes afterwards, also let him know of this.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly! But we'll be here to help anyway. 🤗

Joy
Always use common sense and don’t do anything to another member that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It’s the Golden Rule!

If you're using vulgarities, your post will be edited into one adorable/cute & lovely one!
no avatar

uncalculatedusername

Google Play (Android)

Thanks so much Coug for taking the time to bring this up to Joy. Joy thank you for checking into it. Unfortunately, after reading the email from Gameloft, following the directions suggested didn't get my game to get to the second loading screen.
I politely responded back to the person assigned to my ticket (17961057) to let them know that it didn't work (within 5 hours of getting the email) and haven't heard back for in these last five days. I despise being the squeaky wheel, go out of my way to practice the "Golden Rule"(probably to my detriment) but this is day 13. I've already missed the Tower Challenge. I just wish that someone would say, "Hey, this is a problem that we know about and are working on to fix" or "create a new ticket" instead of me feeling like my thoughtful questions aren't worthy of a response. I detest having to explain to my niece that we can't play the game because I can't get someone to help us. Sorry about the slight venting. I'm a little frustrated with not knowing the proper protocol to go about getting help to play after the time and $ spent already. Thanks for the attempt at help and have a great day! ***edited to add ticket 17961057 #--Trying to be as helpful as I can be to those that can help me

Joy FromGameloft

Community Manager

Newest Update for Dumbo Challenge Crashes

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:36 am
Thankies for having so much patience and I'm sorry this has been a little bit confusing.
I've forwarded your message to my Customer Care colleague and you should be reached out shortly!

Joy
Always use common sense and don’t do anything to another member that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It’s the Golden Rule!

If you're using vulgarities, your post will be edited into one adorable/cute & lovely one!
no avatar

Nina Weyel

Apple (iOS)

Hi, I'm having the same problem as mentioned above. My game (played on Ipad mini) crashes everytime the load screen has reached the end (which had been an issue before the Dumbo update, but only when my device was connected with Wifi). I've reached for the support (ticket ID: 17964839), but the first aid tipps concerning Wifi connection and re-installing the game didn't help. So now I've missed the whole Tower challenge and fear that my progress is lost since the connection with Game Center couldn't be made due to the whole "game crashes when trying to load and being connected to Wifi" issue. My user ID is mdc:58815f1 - I hope my progress can be saved somehow, since I've been playing the game since Sep 2017...
Thanks so much in advance!