Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.
no avatar

Eagles1691

Apple (iOS)

"Check Internet Connection" message

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:34 am
Gameloft are more than happy to connect me to buy gems..... why, then, does it say "Request timed out. Check your Internet Connection and try again later" nearly every time I tap the free gem icon, the happiness icon or the icon to get a treasure chest?????

There is never anything wrong with my internet connection when I go to spend real money!!

I've reported this on a ticket countless times. Yes, I've once been given a few gems as an apology, but what I really want is for the game to run better. I've done all the usual reboots, shutting down, clearing cache, freeing up memory and reinstall.  STILL there is a problem. Is this something that others have complained of? And what is being done to rectify this? Thanks.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Re:

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:54 am
Eagles1691 wrote:
Gameloft are more than happy to connect me to buy gems..... why, then, does it say "Request timed out. Check your Internet Connection and try again later" nearly every time I tap the free gem icon, the happiness icon or the icon to get a treasure chest?????

There is never anything wrong with my internet connection when I go to spend real money!!

I've reported this on a ticket countless times. Yes, I've once been given a few gems as an apology, but what I really want is for the game to run better. I've done all the usual reboots, shutting down, clearing cache, freeing up memory and reinstall.  STILL there is a problem. Is this something that others have complained of? And what is being done to rectify this? Thanks.

Hello Eagles1691, 

This problem seems to be intermittent for me personally. I'll go a couple weeks playing and ads work fine, then it starts acting up again. One trick I think that helps when it starts to do this is I'll toggle off the wifi for a couple seconds then turn it back on and "retry again". Of the times I've missed the happiness ad after running the parade I've noticed that if I restart the game the option to attempt to watch the ad comes back. The bronze chest ad when it fails will typically come back. You may have to wait another 3 hours to open another bronze chest but it typically does come back. The ads from the theater for gems pretty much keep repeating until you get the 2 gems for the day. Of the times that toggling the wifi won't work sometimes when I restart the game it'll start working again but it's no gurantee. In my opinion I think the problem is game based and not our wifi.

Bewitching_Beauty

Windows PC

Re:

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:27 am
I am also experiencing such problems. I can't access the calendar and I can't purchase gems. I think it is a game issue because my internet is working.

Gabriel from Gameloft

Retired Community Manager

Windows Phone

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:47 am
Hi Eagles1691, please share your last ticket id here.
@Bewitching_Beauty, please click on visitor tab and let me know if you can see the leaderboard.
no avatar

Eagles1691

Apple (iOS)

Re: check internet connection

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:19 pm
Gabriel: ticket ID is #UQZ-37557-551.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: check internet connection

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:37 pm
Eagles1691 wrote:
Gabriel: ticket ID is #UQZ-37557-551.

That's the email tag; look in the first email for the ticket ID. Should be an 8-digit number, no letters or dashes.
no avatar

Eagles1691

Apple (iOS)

Re: "Timed Out" message

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:59 am
The last ticket number was 15102581. There are several messages to and from support personnel regarding videos for gifts timing out, various freezing and lagging problems, etc...all under that one ticket number.  
Although this ticket was raised in January, I have brought up this problem before and still the game is painfully slow - it takes over 3 minutes to load some days...way too long for a game of this nature. None of the other games I play have these problems, some of which are more complicated than Magic Kingdoms.
I have found that zoomng in close, so not so much is on view, the game speeds up a little.... so I suggested a while back that Gameloft provide an option in "Settings" to reduce a certain number or type of animation to speed up the game. Other games offer thiis type of option (i.e. Turning off weather effects or reducing building animations) - it is up to the player to choose. I've found that it does not lessen the enjoyment of playing the game; in fact, it increases it because everything works more smoothly. Just a suggestion!
I look forward to further comments with interest!

Gabriel from Gameloft

Retired Community Manager

Windows Phone

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:06 am
Thank you Eagle for sharing your ticket id here. I saw that the last reply was from us on 1st February :)
no avatar

Eagles1691

Apple (iOS)

Re: "Check Internet Connection"

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:41 pm
Nothing has changed since that last message. For instance....yesterday, I managed to get 2 gems after the 2nd try. I got 1 chest after 5th try. No happiness message appeared. The game is SO slow, that it takes nearly a full hour to collect everything and send all characters on their various quests, so there was plenty of time for such messages to appear in my various visits throughout the day. On the next two visits (after receiving the chest on my 1st visit of the day), the "timed out" message appeared both times. I am now keeping a log of each try.
no avatar

MissionDisney

Windows PC

Re: Game Not Loading

Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:30 pm
Is anyone else having trouble getting their game to load on their PC?  I have Windows 10 and the Gameloft screen will appear, but will then exit out immediately without giving me a reason for the crash.  I've even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it numerous times.  Thanks!