Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.
no avatar

ltolson@cherawhc.com

Apple (iOS)

Kindle to Ipad

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:21 pm
Can someone help me firgure out why when I try to go from playing on a Kindle Fire to playing on my ipad I have to start back at the beginning of the game even though I'm logged in to Facebook.This is really bugging me and would like to play on the ipad not the kindle. My ipad user id is mdc:h22g1g0. My kindle user id is mdc:e9hf

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Kindle to Ipad

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:29 am
Don't mean to insult your intelligence, just confirming: you're logged into the same Facebook account on both devices? If so, whenever you connected to the second device, you should have been given the choice to use your existing cloud-saved game or to continue with your local game and overwrite the cloud save.

Did that not happen? If so, I'd suggest disconnecting from and reconnecting to Facebook on the iPad to see if you trigger that prompt.

Otherwise, the best answer is probably to open a ticket with customer care and cross your fingers - good luck!
no avatar

ltolson@cherawhc.com

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 am
No giving me that option never happened and yes I’m logged in on the same Facebook account. Thanks

Irina FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Apple (iOS)

Gameloft

Kindle to Ipad

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 pm
Hey there,
I'm afraid there might be a problem.
Please note that Disney Magic Kingdom supports progress transfer only between the following operating systems: iOS and iOS, Android and Android, iOS and Android, Android and iOS, Windows and Windows
I'm sorry for this :(
Community Moderator on a bunch of awesome Gameloft games 

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:55 pm
Irina FromGameloft wrote:
I'm afraid there might be a problem.

Kindles run Android, so the transfer to iPad shouldn't be a problem.
no avatar

Frank Serritella

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:59 am
Has this transfer issue ever been fixed? I'm trying to transfer from Kindle Fire to iPhone (or at least connect both to play on both). I'm logged into my facebook account on both devices but the iPhone never gives me the option to load cloud data.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 am
Frank Serritella wrote:
Has this transfer issue ever been fixed? I'm trying to transfer from Kindle Fire to iPhone (or at least connect both to play on both). I'm logged into my facebook account on both devices but the iPhone never gives me the option to load cloud data.

Gameloft would have to do the platform transfer for you. This is done on a case by case basis and it would be permanent rather than interchangeable.
no avatar

Frank Serritella

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:05 am
Frank Serritella wrote:

Gameloft would have to do the platform transfer for you. This is done on a case by case basis and it would be permanent rather than interchangeable.

I've tried going through their customer service before. They give you instructions to login to Device 1, connect to Facebook, login to Device 2, connect to Facebook and that they can swap it that way, but it's never worked.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:24 am
Frank Serritella wrote:
Frank Serritella wrote:

I've tried going through their customer service before. They give you instructions to login to Device 1, connect to Facebook, login to Device 2, connect to Facebook and that they can swap it that way, but it's never worked.

It's nothing you could do by yourself through Facebook. The majority of it would take place on their end. I'm not entirely sure of the exact process but I'd imagine it something like this: Download and install the app on the device you want to transfer to, then you give them your new User ID and they send you a "save file" that they built based on what your progress was and all the items you had on your old account. 

Something along those lines. Again that's just a rough guess as to how it's done.