Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

All I know is I ended up not getting an attraction when the the Beauty and the Beast event ended in the middle of me building the attraction around three years ago. By then I had been playing about a week or so, so I had no idea you could skip the constructing with gems. But that was three years ago, so things may be different now.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

star_ranger4 wrote:
Blue007 wrote:
I have seen some say that you have to have him welcomed before it ends, and then others say as long as your in welcoming mode it is safe, but I have never tried it  so no clue which one too believe, anyway I just got Ian to level 3 and it boggles My mind that he is still the only character getting his 2 tokens, I am wondering if that will change after the Event ends or will he always be the only one getting his tokens , cause if that is the case then it is going to take forever to level him up to 10 , and I won't be happy bout that nope :( .

Good question, Blue.  I'd say it has to do with exactly when they 'pull' the characters.  Ian being the only one who gets his tokens makes sense in terms of the Ian who starts the movie, but not the one at the end.  the presence of Dad and the Manticore does seem to indicate after, but the story writing part of the dev team is not about ignorning things like that when inconvenient.  think of the BH 6 story that happens in game as a prime example.

Thank you star_ranger4 , another question I have > Why is Ian the only Onward character that ( Does Not ) have a 60 min quest , is there some madness to this that only GL knows ? , I got him to level 3 so far and he still only has 4 hrs or more for quests .
no avatar

Donna Olson Nunes

Google Play (Android)

0Theo wrote:
0Theo

Jinxter247 wrote:
They say, once you started welcoming him during the event, you'll get him. But I don't know anyone who tried and can confirm it.

Thanks! I'll let you all know how it goes, hopefully this isn't a risky experiment.

When you are forced to try it anyway - please don't forget to report back. That's a regularly asked question for several events now. It would be very reassuring to be sure if it really works "as advertised".

Save a screenshot showing the welcoming process to have an argument, should it be necessary to "discuss" that with GL. 

I can confirm that as long as you have started welcoming you will get the character. I was able to start welcoming Ian about 15 minutes before the quest ended and I checked after the quest was gone and he is still welcoming! 
no avatar

0Theo

Windows PC

Donna Olson Nunes wrote:
I can confirm that as long as you have started welcoming you will get the character. I was able to start welcoming Ian about 15 minutes before the quest ended and I checked after the quest was gone and he is still welcoming! 

15 minutes! Whoa, that was close. Congratulations! And thank you for the confirmation.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

I am confirming that After the Onward Event this is what happened to Ian's token's that he collects>
A . Ear/Hat's >
1.  Ian- still same 2 quest's at 4 hr & 8 hr.
2. Dad - feeling out floors 6 hr
3. Path of Raven's attraction- enchantment 4
4. Laurel / Manticor - Girls night out Manticor lvl 4, 2 hr quest. also Manticor lvl 5 on a 12 hr quest, & Tavern  enchanted 2.
5. Jungle Book - Bageera & Mowgli - 12 hr quest , Bageera has to be lvl 8.
Staff>
1. Ian - same quests 4 hr & 8 hr, 
2. Dad - same quest
3. Colt/Barley - 4 hr quest & guinevere has to be enchanment 2., also a 8 hr quest where Barley has to be lvl 7.
4. Tavern - 6 hr with enchantment 4.
5. Blazey - food quest 12 hr lvl 4.
6. Ducky/Bunny - 2 hr quest & Ducky has to be lvlv 10.
that is what I found out after the Event. :)
no avatar

Aamir Pervaiz

Google Play (Android)

Done
Attachments
Screenshot_20200405-011814.jpg
Screenshot_20200405-011814.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 315 times

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Blue007 wrote:
Thank you star_ranger4 , another question I have > Why is Ian the only Onward character that ( Does Not ) have a 60 min quest , is there some madness to this that only GL knows ? , I got him to level 3 so far and he still only has 4 hrs or more for quests .

No idea, but suppositions.  Remember that I often accuse the Dev team of cutting and pasting old code and task assignments without error checking. Also remember how with Froz 2, Coco and Star Wars we didn't get 1 hour tasks until further on.  Short form, I don't know but I am guessing that either they'd re assigned character tokens to longer tasks to slow things down for us, especially after the end of the event.