Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

T154330

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

211

Hi JurassicGenie -I hadn't hear that running the parade had no impact, so not sure what the theory is and where did it come from - GL?
I think I get more successful drops, and with the long tasks for L&T I can normally manage to time it to run for when I'm collecting the tokens that don't drop often.
User avatar

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

2274

Well, way back in the day. Like dude what Marc Andre took over for, it was claimed that in addition to the small addidional magic bonus, running a parade also prevented happyness LOSS during those two hours and did slightly improve drop chances. After the happyness revision, though... not only did happiness decrease, but someone stated that no, parades did not add anything to drop rate chances. It, does, however, feel like it for whatever reason.

However, in this day and age the big thing you get from parades are the occasional token and gem drops.
no avatar

JurassicGenie

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

544

The wording is deceptive in the Parade description. It made people believe they got extra bonuses while collecting during parades but GL said the bonuses were collected at the end of the parade meaning whatever dropped like tokens, magic, and gems and that those were those bonuses mentioned. I dont know... if it makes ya feel good do it... it’s like the chests. I know the pictures scrolling have no bearing on what I will get but I still find myself trying to time it. It’s so annoying actually. I wish they’d take that feature away. It just gives false hope and makes me feel like it’s my own fault I don’t have quicker reflexes. LOL
no avatar

JurassicGenie

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

544

The wording is deceptive in the Parade description. It made people believe they got extra bonuses while collecting during parades but GL said the bonuses were collected at the end of the parade meaning whatever dropped like tokens, magic, and gems and that those were those bonuses mentioned. I dont know... if it makes ya feel good do it... it’s like the chests. I know the pictures scrolling have no bearing on what I will get but I still find myself trying to time it. It’s so annoying actually. I wish they’d take that feature away. It just gives false hope and makes me feel like it’s my own fault I don’t have quicker reflexes. LOL
User avatar

Marc_Suede

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

953

Whoever thought it was a good idea to show one picture in chest when clicked only to be replaced with another prize is a **** ****!

That kind of thing is called "Bait and switch" and it is a scam!

Since I refuse to be scammed by those **** **** who made this bate & switch scam - I close my eyes every time I click on the chest prize spinner
User avatar

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

2274

.... That, is a surprisingly not so trollish response Marc.
User avatar

Effan

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

179

JurassicGenie wrote:
The wording is deceptive in the Parade description. It made people believe they got extra bonuses while collecting during parades but GL said the bonuses were collected at the end of the parade meaning whatever dropped like tokens, magic, and gems and that those were those bonuses mentioned. I dont know... if it makes ya feel good do it... it’s like the chests. I know the pictures scrolling have no bearing on what I will get but I still find myself trying to time it. It’s so annoying actually. I wish they’d take that feature away. It just gives false hope and makes me feel like it’s my own fault I don’t have quicker reflexes. LOL

You do get extra magic when collecting from Buildings and Character activites when the parade is running.
User avatar

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

3478

Well it is here , I am on My second day to get tokens for Tony, and guess what  there is no way I will be finishing him today, as I still need 7 Accordians , & 11 Ear/Hats. so I guess the 2 day thing does not work for everyone. oh well. :( , I am just gonna have to keep putting along.
Update> as it turns out the concession chest I got with the float did not pan out, i ended up getting one I already had, but then Whamo I found a concession chest in My park, and I ended up getting Tramps Ear stand, Whoot!!!!!!, :)
no avatar

Donalyn

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

496

Start of day 3 on Tony, and I'm only a 3rd of the way there for him.  So, will be a while.  

But, good news of the day - got Zazu in the legendary calendar chest this morning.  I had a 25% chance at him (and about a 45% chance at other things that would have made me happy, such as concessions that I didn't have yet, etc.)  The LK was my first event and I didn't have any gems saved up, so I didn't get any premium content.  I'm down to just needing Shenzi for this collection now.

Seems like a lot of brooms and dust pans to collect to get the prize...  Will need to see how this goes.
User avatar

Marc_Suede

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

953

Donalyn wrote:
...
But, good news of the day - got Zazu in the legendary calendar chest this morning.  I had a 25% chance at him (and about a 45% chance at other things that would have made me happy, such as concessions that I didn't have yet, etc.) 
...

Concessions don't make me happy - but that is the best I get, even though I have 48% chance of getting a character - I always get that other 52% BS you dont want sweepstakes