Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

How was the 'Finding Marlin' event compared to other events?

Better
12%
Same
31%
Worse
58%

Total votes : 26

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

[Poll] Finding Marlin Final Thoughts

Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:05 pm
[Poll Format]:  1 choice, no revote

As the Finding Marlin event comes to a close, I thought I would make this thread for us to share what we all think about it.  I think it could be great if we can not only vote, but to share why you voted that way.

My thoughts are

Pro:

- All attractions are based on real park attractions.
- Seagulls didn't get the snowgie treatment, and the ceiling for common tokens were removed.

Con:

- The new concessions were chest only.
- Needed to enchant attractions or face uphill battle to progress through event.  (Thank goodness for the direct purchase options)
- No new decorations, especially greenery.

So what do you think?

paxsarah

Apple (iOS)

Re: [Poll] Finding Marlin Final Thoughts

Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:49 pm
I finished (well, I welcomed Marlin, but not through to the final pop up) and spent less real money than I did on any of the recent events ($1.99 on the float). I didn’t enchant anything. I thought it was enjoyable and fairly well paced. Though it would have been nice to give folks a day or so longer to welcome Marlin - the last stage was a little higher pressure than I would have liked.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:11 pm
I chose same cause I was able to still get all the characters for the Set, even though I did not get to do the last quest, I am still happy with My result. :)

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:51 pm
I found it ok. It was cheaper and easier for me than some of the previous ones. 
No decorations was a bit of a downside, but then again, I have no land for the Nemo attractions either (nor the Moana or Bambi attractions).

JQH

Apple (iOS)

Michigan

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:46 pm
So at the time of voting I was the only one that has choosen better.. This is the first event I actually *really* particapated in. So maybe my vote is misguided? 
Pros:
I did the last tower challenge- but it seemed to rely on roulette chests to get characters to complete, and i think that stinks.
 I also liked the main animation for the nemo event. Why? well in this event when you sent characters to free nemo you SAW them trying to free nemo. why can't they show them in the tower event?? (they did it for zurg which is the only other thing i've done thus far)
I won two of the trophy events and probably could've won the third, but thought I'd give others a chance. 

Cons:
I spent way to  much on this (i got bruce, the float, I got rex (yes rex), I bought the enchantment for the sub. and in the end I needed more gems so I bought the other two enchantments to get enough to gem out Nemo.  I think if I were able to check in every four hours I would've got nemo without the gems. So that's good I was SO close to not needing to gem him out. ( i bought the last mask) I'm only level 31, and I think I only had one event to go to get the completion message.

why didn't i just buy gems? I thought the common blue prints are anything but common. Marlin was $10. two more enchantment bundles with enought gems to get marlin, and 40? common blueprints were $8 I'm upgrading astro-orbiters so I can get the alien :) - well thats the plan anyway.

and may I ask what is the snowgie treatment?????

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:43 pm
I voted worse because I fell prey to the feeling that I had to buy the enchantment packs or have no chance at completing the event. Pretty sure this makes this one the most expensive event for me to date, even with their fling with premium attractions you just had to have.
no avatar

LinLizzy

Windows PC

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:17 pm
I got all the characters but didn't finish the event. I didn't spend so much money as on the other events. I bought Hank and Bruce with gems because I don't like the token bundles. If they return to the old bundles I would buy them again.
I think I prefere the enchantment over the premium attraction becaus of the lack of space, but it should be eather easier to collect the relics or cheaper to buy. Perhaps through Merlin.
But what I really don't like is the lack of token quests for some characters. Marlin doesn't really help and if I hadn't enchanted the seas Bruce wouldn't have been worth it. It will take some time to level them up.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:34 pm
JQH wrote:
and may I ask what is the snowgie treatment?????

Sorry for being so vague.

For a while, if you wanted to get a common token, you had to collect other tokens, then when you got enough, you sent a character to defeat an object to get the common token.  Like collecting hedge trimmers and weed killer to free birds trapped in emchanted thorns or something.  When the lunchboxes come on friday, its the same concept.

It started with the snowgies wondering around in the frozen event, where you had to get bags and such to catch em.  Its just simpler for us to say 'Snowgies' for that concept.

JQH

Apple (iOS)

Michigan

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:09 am
tailmister wrote:
For a while, if you wanted to get a common token, you had to collect other tokens, then when you got enough, you sent a character to defeat an object to get the common token.  Like collecting hedge trimmers and weed killer to free birds trapped in emchanted thorns or something.  When the lunchboxes come on friday, its the same concept.

It started with the snowgies wondering around in the frozen event, where you had to get bags and such to catch em.  Its just simpler for us to say 'Snowgies' for that concept.

And that really sounds like it was a pain!  thanks for the clarification
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:21 am
I voted worse.

I don't like several of the precedents they set in this event -
Enchantments needed for many required token quests,
Required Ench Relics only available by cash or chest gambling,
One Premium char ineffective while another almost essential,
No event decorations nor concessions that were reasonably obtainable,
The constant pushing for players to buy their progress through the event with cash-paid bundles,
The event couldn't be completed unless a player had bought at least some of those paid items, or bypassed timers/tokens with gems.

There were also some positive aspects, but these explain my vote.