Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Let's take a quick look at some facts:
-Squirt can now be welcomed, and requires a total of 50 tokens
-Of the six tasks that can drop his shell tokens, three require The Seas to be enchanted
-Of the six tasks that can drop his ears, three require The Seas to be enchanted.
-Enchanting the Seas requires five Nemo relics, which have not been available until moments ago.
-Nemo relics can only be obtained by purchasing Radiant chests. We can only purchase 1 radiant chest per day, which have a 20% chance of dropping two relics.

Are they really, actually expecting players to plunk down 30 gems per day on a single chest in the hope that after a few days, we'll hit the 20% jackpot enough times to collect the relics? On what planet was any of this supposed to make the game more fun or more enjoyable?

EDIT: Of course, you can instantly enchant The Seas for the low, low bundle price of $3.99. LAME
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Completely agree, just posted similar in progress thread.  I usually give GL the benefit of the doubt, but this move ****. Not likely I will finish the event without spending money, which I don’t do.

Note that the necessary tokens for enchanting the attraction can also be had as part of the $4 “enchantment bundle”.
no avatar

halldoc1

Windows PC

Its not even worth paying the money even if you wanted to.  If you are going to pay gems, it is better to wait until the chests come out on a future event and just gamble for the characters you missed.  You will probably end up spending less.   This is really low on Gameloft's part.   I feel done with this game.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

And the other shoe dropped, I guess. Its a shame really. - Nemo had the makings of a decent event. The pace seemed reasonable in as much that so far you didnt need to go sleepless or neglect work and family duties completely in order to complete. - On top of that the buildings should all me normal so the pressure on gems to spend on vips is lessened a bit.

And then boom the other shoe drops. - Gameloft will teach us to dislike the enchantment fiasco. Now we will not only need them to complete an event but also need to pay gems or money. - Or its the usual blackmail of trying to finish with the inadequate options provided. - 35 tokens with a 4, 6 and 8 hour job. Wonder what the next step will require.

I need a break. Possibly a permanent one.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

It's nothing new. Except this time we already have the attraction and just have to enchant it.
In the last events the attraction itself was premium.

To me that is no difference.
The question would be if we have to enchant the other attraction, too - or enchant this one further - in that case the enchanting is more expensive than the premium attraction was before.

And on first sight the bonus of enchanting seems bigger than it is. We are not doubling the possibilities for tokens.
1. If Nemo and Cursh do the enchanted activities they can't do the basic activities at the same time.
2. The new options for Crush and Nemo drop both tokens - so these 4 options are basically only 2.
Of course there still is the drop chance of the attraction itself and the activity for the shark.
But I did buy the bundle as I had enough money on my Microfost rewards account (I think mney is the wrong word, because I didn't pay anything - but I don't know the right word). And now I can't enchant the attraction, because characters are using it. And when I finally can enchant the attraction, then Nemo and Crush have to pause collecting tokens until the enchantment is complete. I don't know how long this takes.
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Yalliria wrote:
It's nothing new. Except this time we already have the attraction and just have to enchant it.
In the last events the attraction itself was premium.

To me that is no difference.
The question would be if we have to enchant the other attraction, too - or enchant this one further - in that case the enchanting is more expensive than the premium attraction was before.

And on first sight the bonus of enchanting seems bigger than it is. We are not doubling the possibilities for tokens.
1. If Nemo and Cursh do the enchanted activities they can't do the basic activities at the same time.
2. The new options for Crush and Nemo drop both tokens - so these 4 options are basically only 2.
Of course there still is the drop chance of the attraction itself and the activity for the shark.
But I did buy the bundle as I had enough money on my Microfost rewards account (I think mney is the wrong word, because I didn't pay anything - but I don't know the right word). And now I can't enchant the attraction, because characters are using it. And when I finally can enchant the attraction, then Nemo and Crush have to pause collecting tokens until the enchantment is complete. I don't know how long this takes.

To me that is a HUGE difference.  The price for that premium/enchanted attraction just went way up, as you either MUST spend money or MUST chance it with chests.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Why is anyone surprised?  Since there wasn't a premium attraction, they had to recoup the cash somewhere.  I noticed the enchantment requirement for Nemo and Crush yesterday for their 4 hour tasks, on top of the Seas already needing to be at 1+ for Squirt's token to drop.   Since I refuse to spend hard cash and I don't want to gamble on my jems, I guess I will just have to see how this goes.  Seems that Marlin is definitively out for me, as it is going to take a long time to get Crush.  However, hoping that Dory and the attractions are all still an option for me.

(As an aside, I really love how the attractions all are real park attractions, not make up stuff that then litters my park.)
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

I guess I hoped that things wouldn’t continually get harder and cost more.  Naive I was.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

I didn't have a problem with premium attractions as they were before enchantments. You'd pay once off to buy them, and knew they'd drop certain tokens or help with quests.

But I point blank refuse to gamble, particularly when it's being pushed on me as part of event progress. I also refuse to pay cash to be permitted to use buildings for quests.

The Nemo relics could've been milestone rewards or bought from Merlin with elixir, but NO; Gameloft give us only cash or gambling.

I notice the relic odds in the Radiant chest = 20%, but it's 73% chance of shell pattern, 45% chance Squirt ears, 40% blueprints or coral, and 23% - 29% of almost all else. So it's not like you've got much hope of getting them if you gamble.

So yeah, to have six quests neutralised unless you gamble or pay cash, including Bruce as a premium we already invested in, shows how low Gameloft will go to try to shaft DMK's Community.

Each time GL deny me completing events through gameplay earning, the less I'm motivated to keep on playing.
no avatar

throwstyler

Apple (iOS)

I paid the $4 for the enchantment bundle and immediately regretted it. The only reason I decided to spend real money this time is because I have never ever been able to finish an event before and so I never get to use those characters in future events. It feels really unfair. But now that I have the enchantment things, I’m waiting for my characters to be done using it and then who knows how long the enchantment will take. Probably six hours minimum. I’ve only been playing this game for a few months but I’m already feeling pretty cheated. I can’t imagine how upset all the veteran players must be feeling.