Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

JG580

Apple (iOS)

Cost of characters and land plots

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:27 pm
How do all of you gain enough magic to welcome characters or open land when, at a min., these things cost 500,000 a pop? And land is in the millions? I’ve been playing for awhile (level 39) and have most characters who are all at or close to level 10 but am finding it nearly impossible to get enough magic to be able to “buy” available land or characters. Even if I put characters on absurdly long tasks the most they seem to earn is maybe 200.  I’ve even spent actual money (which I’m done doing as it seems like a huge waste) and still can’t purchase all of the land I have available to me. Am I missing some obvious way to accumulate enough?

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Cost of characters and land plots

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:42 pm
A lot of us has been playing for years, accumulating magic with nothing to spend it on, so that's why many of us have way too much, so magic isn't a problem for us.

Accumulating magic will take time and diligence.  **** I know, but unless you spend gems and money on magic, that's the reality of it.

My suggestions are putting as many attractions and concessions as you can in the park, run parades (5% boost to magic when parades are running), doing all quests, (story first, then side quests) having all your characters do activities based on the amount of time you frequent the game, lots of shorter tasks is more efficient for gathering magic than long tasks.

Unless there's a good reason for leveling up other characters, focus on the main story side of things first.  After you do all that, focus on the optional land.  Doing so will give you more land in the long run for more things to place in your park.  Hope some of this helps.
no avatar

JG580

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 pm
Thank you so much for the advice! For leveling up characters, which are considered main storyline? Sorry for the possibly silly question. Would you also suggest ignoring the thrill zone stuff? I never used decorations before because I needed as much room as possible but now I have some out to fulfill the thrill zone requirements.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:49 pm
I gained my 17 million magic by going slowly - I accumulated magic, then continued with the story and upgrading the characters, then stopped again. That strategy worked well until they began rebalancing characters and making high-leveled characters more valuable in the tower challenges than the lower ones (which really bugs me, as I would like to continue to go slowly), which has forced me to do more upgrading than I'd like to. I still move forward in the main story very slowly - I've had Wendy Darling's quest waiting for many months now. 
 That being said, my strategy obviously is of no help to you. 😕

The main storyline characters are the collections from Mickey and friends down to Dumbo in the character book.

Demi-Guy

Windows PC

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Here's a list I put together in chronological order of release. It helped me a lot.

Main Storyline
Cinderella
1Monsters, Inc.
Pirates of the Caribbean
WALL-E
Tangled
Sleeping Beauty
Zootopia
Bambi
Jungle Book
Peter Pan
Dumbo
DuckTales

Limited Time Content
Mulan
Beauty and the Beast
Lion King
Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Winnie the Pooh
Lilo & Stitch
Big Hero 6
The Little Mermaid
Wreck-It Ralph
The Princess and the Frog
Moana
Finding Nemo
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 pm
I've also been playing for a long time and don't have magic issues any more.  However, when I did, I tried to go systematically.  For instance, if I was working on getting enough magic for a plot of land, I would save up the magic until I reached a milestone (say 100,000), then I'd pick one character that I really wanted to level up and save magic until I could level up that character without going under the 100,000.  Then I'd keep working towards the next milestone (say 150,000) and do the same thing.  That way, I was progressing towards my land purchase goal (or just saving up magic for a rainy day) and still continuing on the main story line.

This is a resource game, so resources are meant to be challenging.  

Good luck.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:14 pm
DuckTales is also main storyline content.

Demi-Guy

Windows PC

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:28 pm
DuckTales is also main storyline content.

Thanks.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 am
JG580 wrote:
For leveling up characters, which are considered main storyline? Sorry for the possibly silly question.

In the character book, everything Dumbo and above is permanent content/main storyline. Everything Incredibles and below is legacy event (“legendary”) content.

Don’t ignore thrill levels! This feature was introduced to benefit newer players, and help you accumulate magic faster. We old **** are crapping on the thrill levels, but that’s mainly because we’ve been playing for years and have already saved up millions of magic and have nothing to spend it on, so we don’t care about the magic multipliers.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 pm
Run a lot of short activities - 4 1-hour activities are better than one 4-hour activity.
Don't send characters home - even long activities gain more magic per hour than a character at home.
Stop leveling up characters during events. This helps with the event as you don't get token conflicts - and as you don't spend magic leveling up you'll have lots of magic after the event.
Don't rush through everything too fast. You need time to generate magic. If you spees up alls main story tasks, then of course you will miss magic soon. If you take your time and don't start each main story task as soon as it unlocks, then you will have enough magic. I stop doing main sotry tasks during events, too. That way I can gather enough magic and I don't risk unlocking a new character whose tokens could interfere with event tokens.

And if you still don't have enough - then set priorities. If you need land, then don't level up expensive characters until you bought the land.