Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

MiloTCat

Google Play (Android)

Thrill Zones

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:23 am
Did we really need this added to the game?  The Enchantments were a bad idea and this is worse.  It's not really clear how the levels are achieved, and what the point is in doing so.  This is a very unnecessary activity.
no avatar

JurassicGenie

Apple (iOS)

Re: Thrill Zones

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:29 am
they’re trying to keep us busy without really adding any “content” to the game
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 am
That's why I'm ignoring both. Enchantments help with tokens but are so impossible to achieve, you'll get all your tokens much sooner by other ways.

The Thrill zone rewards are Enchantment tokens (plus other stuff), yet Enchanted attractions help make the Thrill zone give its rewards, so it all seems a little bit "pointlessly self-perpetuating" if you get my meaning?

Of course, the "other stuff" is magic potions or gems every 12 or 24 hours, but we don't know how frequently gems will actually drop, and the Thrill level dictates a specific mix of buildings - which entails storing away many that might otherwise be dropping magic themselves!

So yeah MiloTCat... very unnecessary.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:05 pm
Isn't everything "pointlessly self-perpetuating" in all games?

You gain characters that can do activieties to gather token for other characters.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Well with characters you're collecting an addition to the game inventory and to your total collection of game items. So that's not pointless.

But the thing I was trying to explain, is that thrill zones need enchantments in order to generate the stuff to make more enchantments. But enchantments themselves add almost no value to the game, because the tokens they provide are more easily/quickly obtained by other ways.

So you're doing all this work to add nothing to your collection, just a worthless thing that helps create more of itself.

If thrill levels and enchanting buildings were easier and they dropped guaranteed gems daily; or guaranteed Happiness; or chests that were not just full of more enchantment tokens; then perhaps they wouldn't be so pointless.
no avatar

Gracelinda

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 pm
We need more land.  I do not like to be told how to decorate the kingdom.  I already have more buildings then I can place on my kingdom.  I have my kingdom bunched up by theme.  Now I have to mess up my kingdom to get level one.
no avatar

JurassicGenie

Apple (iOS)

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:05 am
Disney-Dgi wrote:
Well with characters you're collecting an addition to the game inventory and to your total collection of game items. So that's not pointless.

But the thing I was trying to explain, is that thrill zones need enchantments in order to generate the stuff to make more enchantments. But enchantments themselves add almost no value to the game, because the tokens they provide are more easily/quickly obtained by other ways.

So you're doing all this work to add nothing to your collection, just a worthless thing that helps create more of itself.

If thrill levels and enchanting buildings were easier and they dropped guaranteed gems daily; or guaranteed Happiness; or chests that were not just full of more enchantment tokens; then perhaps they wouldn't be so pointless.

well said. I completely agree. Yes, most games can seem mundane but this game is becoming a self perpetuating destructive entity.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:25 pm
So far I am at level 2 on My California Screamin, I only have to finish enchanting buildings to finish it, I did not like however that I had to put some of My attractions into storage in order to place certain items & concession stands in that one zone area , and if I take them back out and replace My attractions, then I lose what I worked for, when it gets to level 1 or 2 or 3 then it should lock and stay there, so We can put our Attractions back where they were .
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:53 am
The people directing changes to this game have likely never actually played it. The issue here is land is so restricted we need to jam everything into every tiny speck of it to accommodate as many buildings as we can. Dictating our mix of buildings doesn't work when we're stuck with that limitation.

I notice their Livestream demos always have a nice empty park with hardly anything in it, except the new attractions they're showing us. They're not designing their updates based on the reality of parks that are bursting at the seams, due to them still refusing to release available land after 3 years.

If they're never going to fulfil the original premise of the game, that we gain access to the entire land area to 'build the park of our dreams', they should just quit adding more and more frustrating game obstacles.
no avatar

KMaz

Google Play (Android)

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:14 am
I've been playing since the beginning. I have all the characters and the attractions. Some updates were good but this is crazy.
I know it's just a game but putting so much time and effort into the game to have it the way I wanted and to see such a mess breaks my heart. I actually had tears rolling down my cheeks. (Again I know it's a game. I'm on disability and can't do a lot of things so I was able to spend time on the game).
The Enchantments and the Thrill Zone is the worst thing they could have done to the game. I had almost all the attractions out now so many are in storage I keep checking to see if I need them. Everything is so messy. Decorations and concessions all over and they don't match the attractions.
I don't think the developers put everything out when they work on the next update. We desperately need land but I'm sure the developers didn't think of that at the beginning so now they have to program each character to go further into the park before they open more areas. But instead of concentrating on that they keep doing events.
The worst thing is they are alienating the players that have been with them from the start. Even though they do the surveys they don't seem to listen. 
I really think they will be losing players, and I don't think they care. If they did we would hear from them but I doubt we'll ever hear from Gameloft.