Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

JQH

Apple (iOS)

Michigan

Characters from past events

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:46 am
TinkerAllTheWay wrote:
throwstyler wrote:
I’m welcoming Marlin this morning, too. Once I had all of the masks, the ears dropped really fast for me. This will be the first event where I’ve been able to complete a set, so I’m pretty happy about that. 

Question for the more seasoned players:
Once there is an event for certain characters and it is completed, are those characters unattainable without special chests going forward? I’m specifically asking because I know this game has been going for a while and I don’t know what events have happened in the past years. So is it likely I’ll never see events for my favorite characters (ie. The Little Mermaid / Alice in Wonderland) and they’ll only be available through spending gems and a whole lot of luck?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry to say but the only way to get characters from past events is by gambling with the legendary chests. 
No event has ever been repeated. You can see which events have happened from your character book. Every collection from the Incredibles and down was an event, plus Moana which is currently at the top because it was the "helping" collection in this event.

so that makes me sad. I said I wouldn't gamble on a chest.. And I did. I got a bunch of common tokens. *sigh* OK  now I really won't gamble on them. Really bummed that I won't be able to earn or even buy  the incredibles.  So two thoughts... How about character chests? Each chest would have all the characters from a page in the book, gureenteed to get one that way. Charge appropriately gems or cash. That I'd buy.  Or redo some past events?
no avatar

ksigler2

Windows PC

Re: Finding Nemo Discussion and Progress

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 am
i will be done collecting Marlin material a few hours before event ends tomorrow. I will be able to start the 8 hour welcoming but it wont be done before the event ends. Will I have to gem him done before the end? Or will i still have him after the 8 hour welcome - hours after the event ends.
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:29 am
ksigler2 wrote:
i will be done collecting Marlin material a few hours before event ends tomorrow. I will be able to start the 8 hour welcoming but it wont be done before the event ends. Will I have to gem him done before the end? Or will i still have him after the 8 hour welcome - hours after the event ends.

He must be fully welcomed before the event ends, so yes.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:52 am
Yalliria wrote:
The key is to play really a lot and buy the right premiums. Without Hank I don't think it would be possible.

I'm at 22/30 masks and have all hats.
But as it's Monday morning and I have to go to work soon I can't play enough to keep it up. I would need 100% droprate now to get Marlin without speeding up or risking missing him if I'm back home a little later on Tuesday. I have one option I can collect before I go. Then I have 5 option I can caollect when I'm back home. Then I can collect 2 times from Hank in the evening. And then I have to start welcoming, so that Marlin is ready on Tuesday morning. If I start welcoming on Tuesday morning, the event will end just about when I'm back home from work.

Of course I didn't have 100% drop rate. But I didn't want to risk loosing Marlin. Speeding up welcoming would have cost 40 gems I think.  As I was only lacking 2 masks I decided it was cheaper to speed up some activities. I invested 12 gems, the 2 masks dropped and I could welcome Marlin over night and now he's in my kingdom.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:32 am
Had reasonable time. - Then I suddenly hit a 1/3 drop and got called to work for a short stint and never got a break once there, which set me back. - A bit of late night grind caught me up and I needed 2 from 3 when I got up. - As I woke up and collected just after entering the last 10 hours.

Fortunately all of them droppe, so welcoming Marlin as we speak and he will be done about 1 hour 50 minutes before event end.

The game may of course crash on me again removing a few hours of progress, but other than that, I should be online to get him.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 am
And so Marlin is mine - my 191st character. He and Nemo are now reuniting, but that'll be the last event quest for me, since Chip is being upgraded to level 8 and he'll take eight hours. 
 I was pretty worried when the first enchantment bundle appeared in this event, but surprisingly the event was doable with buying only the premium characters. If this is how it works in future events as well, I'll accept it (enchantments making things even easier, not necessary to buy them). This was an enjoyable event for once.
 And now, as I fear that up next is yet another tower challenge, I'm off to continuing my DuckTales story. Huey looks so alone without his two brothers.
no avatar

Aamir Pervaiz

Google Play (Android)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:41 am
Finally completed my first event
Attachments
IMG_20190903_133222.jpg
IMG_20190903_133222.jpg (635.61 KiB) Viewed 150 times
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:23 pm
Also just finished and saw the above screencap.  Happy to have this one behind me, not looking forward to the next assuming GL takes the same approach.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:20 pm
I gemmed to instantly welcome Marlin a couple of hours ago, cost me 108 gems. There was 8.5 hrs left, but I was worried I may get sidelined and miss out if I waited for another 8 hrs (2 possible masks) to save another 12 gems.

I spent 200 on Bruce making it 308 total for my event cost, rather than 500 gems if I'd have got Hank. In hindsight, it wasn't obvious when he released, how essential Hank would be if you wanted Marlin for free.

Happy enough with the outcome I got.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:53 pm
Aamir Pervaiz wrote:
Finally completed my first event

Congrat's on finishing your Event, I do not think that I will be seeing that screen however, I do have Marlin but I can not seem to get the last 2 Ear/Hat tokens for what i think is the last main quest, I tried to gem Hank;s 2 hr quest twice this morning but nothing came of it, so with a lil over 4 hrs to go for this event I guess i am finished with it just the same, Congrat's though to everyone who either only got Marlin like myself and did not finish, or Got Marlin and did finish, &  My condolences to those who did not get Marlin  as well .