Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Snowapple

Windows PC

Not often I post, but it is now time to say goodbye to DMK. Events/tower challenges getting more difficult unless you spend gems. Even trying to compete om leaderboards is impossible due to cheaters annd/or people spending a lot of money. This game used to be fun. Like many others I used my huge backlog of consessions etc for elixer too get other attractions, now I'm at a disadvantage. Happiness just doesnt happen any more. Chests are rubbish, and this latest update on top of enchantments - which are useless for long term players at this stage, is making this more of a GL theme park, not my own theme park. Finally fed up. . Why can GL not give more land or allow 2 characters to level up. Forgot that doesnt earn money. Tons of magic but nothing to spend it on. So enough is enough. This game is no longer a free to play with odd in app purchase if you want. Getting more like need to purchase to compete. So im closing the doors after 3 years. Guess I'll have a lot of unhappy visitors !!
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Re: Thrill zone = ugly park and less magic

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:34 am
Sorry to see you lose interest, but I agree with all your sentiments. Dunno how long I'll stick with it.

For me DMK's no longer something enjoyable to do, it's now like a tiring & frustrating chore that never reaches completion.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Thrill zone = ugly park and less magic

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:44 pm
watch out for the ticks. - Borelia and all that.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

tomvilfroy

Apple (iOS)

Seems even lamer having to put them all in the area of the roller coaster.  Haven’t found one attraction that will  bump any of the bottom 4 levels (have the top one max before I started).

pretty sad attempt Gameloft to have more items out, and thus more memory than to keep the items out that of the park.

gravel

Apple (iOS)

Yeah, I got to level 1, but I'm at a point where I don't have any attractions stored, and I would need to to satisfy the demands to get to level 2.  You know, more land would be nice.  I think I'm getting close to quitting as well.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Everyone is different, I know.

I don't love this enchantment thing, given the slow drop rate of the blue prints (and now the number of completing relic tokens).  However, there are aspects of it that I actually like.  I like that many of my characters now actually have something to do that is useful, even if it is just collecting a lot of common tokens.  Better than having them stuck at home for months.  For instance, Aurora is out in my park today.  That is kind of nice.  Also, no real need to speed through it, other than a few common level token conflicts in chests.  You will definitely max out on the common tokens before you have enough blueprints and relics to need to common tokens in enchantments.

Now, the thrill zones - why all the hate.  You don't HAVE to do this, at least not at this point.  If you don't want to do it, don't do it.  I'm currently at level 2.  I may drop back down to 1, if I need the space for the event (and I likely will).  But I thought I'd try to get to 2 yesterday to see if there are any rewards worth having lots of decorations in my kingdom.  I was able to do this without putting anything away, other than 2 concessions.  

To some degree, obviously it is a feature designed to drive chest sales.  Everything in the game is designed to drive revenue to some degree.  However, whether or not you decide to do that is up to you.  Personally, I can wait for months (or longer) to get to level 3 (if I ever do in any zone).  And having something to work for to keep the game interesting is not a bad thing, again in my opinion.  I kind of miss the thrill of a new game when you can see all of the permanent content that is coming up and you are diligently working towards it.  Now, instead, we just have to wait for new permanent content to be released.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Donalyn wrote:
To some degree, obviously it is a feature designed to drive chest sales.

There's certainly the chest sals element here, but I think in the big picture, the thrill level feature and the enchantments were really aimed at improving life for newer players. "Annoyed by how many different character tokens you're trying to accumulate and how long it's taking you? Here's a mechanism to unlock additional token drops from the attractions already in your kingdom!" "Frustrated by how long it's taking to save up magic? Here's a way to increase the magic earned by your kingdom!"

If I had started playing the game a few months ago, I think I would probably dig these new features. As a day-one player with over 50 million magic and who has already maxed out 180+ characters to level 10, I just don't care about unlocking new token drops or a 50% magic bonus. I will get my Screamin zone up to thrill level 2 so I can get the blue wishes, but thrill level 3 is not a priority.
no avatar

FireMrshlBill

Windows PC

I've been playing <1 year, and these improvements are of no help. Previously, you got items drops at good enough rates to slowly level up players, now you have to hope for getting the "common blueprint", which is a lower drop rate than "rare blueprints" for me, just to level up attractions to get items that should have just been part of the base attraction. I cashed in all of my decorations awhile ago for elixirs to get items for unlocking characters, but I still have enough to level up that first zone.

However, with this new move, I just have no room in my park for more concessions or statues. Maybe I am not using the best strategy, but the most magic i have ever had to unlock an area is 350k, so I JUST have one area unlocked in the wild west region and still have locked areas in Space Mountain and Small World areas. It will take months for me to get close to the 550k to unlock the next cheapest area, and I'd have to stop leveling up characters, which I need to do for story missions and higher drop rates.

Though it sounds like people pick up and drop off attractions as needed? I try to make "themes" by grouping my Toy Story, Mickey, Moana, etc. attractions in the same area, along with related decorations and concessions. However, I don't see how this is possible to actually build a "theme park" when they grew the size of decorations without growing the areas, and now introduced an element that encourages you to put more decorations down. There is just no room to group a bunch of attractions from the same theme, along with decorations and concessions.

Also, they need to add a "sort" feature where you can click on the icon to see all of the different decorations or concessions. Its a pain having to scroll to find the next greenery or statue.

Maybe I should just return everything to inventory and try to lay it all down and reorganize it again?