Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Third what homie and tviorr said...

Forgive me as a tired old player who's rapidly losing his motivation for continuing with the increasing demands of this game, but...

If one were to completely ignore the new "thrill level" building quota system and just "build the kingdom of our dreams" laid out the way we choose; exactly what is it we'd be missing out on?

A few bonus gems & magic? Is that what all this work boils down to?

I've seen so little benefit from the whole enchanting buildings thing so far, vs the hurdles needed to achieve it, that I've pretty much ignored it as a pointless feature basically designed to hinder player progress and prolong the game's lifespan.

This new stuff takes that to another level, now wanting to dictate/constrain the way that we design our park. That seems like the opposite object of the original DMK before Gameloft went off the rails.

I keep saying it, but I'm really close to jumping ship and getting my life back. Sorry for the rant. :(

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Disney-Dgi wrote:
If one were to completely ignore the new "thrill level" building quota system and just "build the kingdom of our dreams" laid out the way we choose; exactly what is it we'd be missing out on?

A few bonus gems & magic? Is that what all this work boils down to?

According to the Livestream, we need to fulfill 5 requests for the Pedestal to generate Magic, and we need to fulfill 10 requests to activate the special request wishes.

Fulfilling those wishes will give us blueprints, relics, resource chests, gems, and others.  

I have no idea how specifically it works, but seeing as how most of the stuff is premium, and I have been interested in enchanting attractions, even if I haven't purchased chests... I'm willing to try this out.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

I noticed you have other characters attractions mixed in with mickey & friends stuff, I kept all my character stuff separated in sets where I think they belong, so the only character attractions and concession stands I have for Mickey and friends are all together in that area, cause I do not like to mix and match, I keep everything together,but nice job, :) , today is the first time though that I have actually enchanted the Dog dash attraction since I got it, yup.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Welcome to the new Thrilling Toontown

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:43 pm
tailmister wrote:
Rocketmanbob wrote:
Please explain again how to find the button you are speaking about

According to the livestream, when you're in the building edit mode shown here, when the update goes live, there's supposed to be a star button on the top left part of the screen.  You press it and it'll show the details mentioned previously.  Clicking on the California Adventure ride will show if a request is complete, but not the numbers if its complete.

They mention the button at around 16:25 of the livestream.

Thx.

Gameloft do love their damn grinds. I wonder how they are going to milk this one for gems or dollars or both.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

tviorr wrote:
Thx.

Gameloft do love their damn grinds. I wonder how they are going to milk this one for gems or dollars or both.

Well, maybe a single purchase 'Starter kit' for concessions and decorations for money comes to mind, but since concessions and decorations are chest only, they're ready on that front.
no avatar

DisneyBelle

Apple (iOS)

I’m with Disney-Dgi on this. Most of my fun in this game comes from being able to decorate my kingdom the way I want it to look. I use a lot of decorations and concession stands already, but I don’t think they will meet the quota for this “thrill” thing. Most of my California Screamin’ area has been completed to my liking. There are only 2 plots giving me trouble and that is because of way too many Toy Story attractions and weird curves in our land areas. I don’t know who complains that they don’t have enough to do in this game, but I’m sick of the way the game is headed.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

I've had my concerns as well, but consider this... We've all constantly complained about not enough land, right?

However difficult its been to collect the materials... enchanting the Mickey and TS attractions allows them to collect a broader range of tokens, and gathering those tokens until we have all of them a charecter needs. What this does is allows us to get the most out of attractions we DO have the space for...
no avatar

DisneyBelle

Apple (iOS)

This game stinks big time now. I’m off to play Simpsons, where I have plenty of land, don’t have to endlessly collect tokens, have a lot more creativity in terms of how I decorate my land, and just have less stress overall while playing a game. I think this game is on the way out. It was a lot better a couple years ago, but those days are long gone.
no avatar

Thaliel

Google Play (Android)

achsen, Germany, Germany

I don't understand the whole thrill zone thing at all, and can't bother with it either
no avatar

T154330

Windows PC

I think the need for 2 trophies to get to L3 thrill is not fair. These decorations appear to only be available as part of limited time events and Wiki indicates so far there has only been 13 since the start of the game.