Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Finding Nemo Livestream summary

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:07 am
I realize that if I want to try for thrill level 3, I have to abandon the blokus method and focus on making the park look good.  But for older players who have been collecting so many attractions, and complaining about too many attractions in storage problems... going for those high thrill levels will only make things worse. 

Decoration and Concessions requests make up 9 requests, and you need to fulfill 10 requests to start getting special requests, which is supposed to greatly benefit us.

The next update or two should have the warehouse to store attractions in the park for magic, we'll need that more than ever, and of course, more land.

I suppose these updates are good for newer players though, hope they can benefit well from them.
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm
Yalliria wrote:
I think the thrill pedestals are a feature I would have liked if it existed from the beginning. But the change from the situation now to the new situation already feels annoying.

First - as you said - I gve all my decoration to Merlin, They hinted with the last update that there might be a new feature for decoration so I kept all my decoration since then. But that's not much. I don't know if I have enough for some categories. Even the categories we know the number from the livestream - because I can't see in my inventory how many of an item I have. While this amount wasn't important for me till now it will be important after the update. There is no need to place any statue if I only have 9 and need 10.

Second - I was happy with how I placed my things - especially in this area. I only have little gaps. Exchanging 2 concessions won't be a problem. Squeezing some decorations inbetween or removing a concession to gain some space for larger decorations will also be no problem. But If I have to remove an attration to gain space for more concessions - or if I have to exchange attractions to get more upgradable ones, then I would need to do a complete redesign for the first area.

Third - I agree that we need to see 30/22 for the completed requirements. When we log in we won't even know what we can move away and what needs to stay. This problem will even increase when all thirll level are unlocked. When I want to know where I can get a food concession from, then I would have to try every area and remove one and see if we get a warning or not. If a developer sees this - maybe you could add this little information before the update?

If you go to Merlin’s cauldron thing as if to trade you can see how many concessions and decorations you have.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:04 pm
I’m expecting new princess and pirates enchantment tokens when those buildings become enchantable. Which will fall slowly given conflicts.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:04 pm
Yalliria wrote:
I think the thrill pedestals are a feature I would have liked if it existed from the beginning. But the change from the situation now to the new situation already feels annoying.

Agreed. I've fed hundreds and hundreds of concessions and decos to merlin, so now it sucks that I have to wait around to accumulate enough concessions and decos to get to the thrill level.

Merlin's cauldron was introduced because we all complained about having a buttload of benches and lamps sitting in our inventory doing nothing. So GL made a GREAT call and said "here's a practical use for these otherwise useless things." Great call. Now, literally years later, they're flipping the script and saying "decos are now important to have in your kingdom, sucks for you if you haven't been hoarding them." I have over 150 thousand elixir; now that decos and concessions have true value, how about letting me return some elixir and buy them back?

All that said, I also understand that the thrill level feature, and the enchantments, were really aimed at improving life for newer players. "Annoyed by how many different character tokens you're trying to accumulate and how long it's taking you? Here's a mechanism to unlock additional token drops from the attractions already in your kingdom!" "Frustrated by how long it's taking to save up magic? Here's a way to increase the magic earned by your kingdom!"

If I had started playing the game a few months ago, I think I would probably dig these new features. As a day-one player with over 50 million magic and who has already maxed out 180+ characters to level 10, I just don't care about unlocking new token drops or a 50% magic bonus. I will get my Screamin zone up to thrill level 2 so I can get the blue wishes, but thrill level 3 is not a priority.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:14 am
I third this.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:19 am
Of course, GL simply increasing magic drop quantities from certain buildings, chests or tasks, or decreasing the magic prices for things, could've achieved the same boost for new players. And simply increasing the token drop % from tasks and chests.

But where's the misery, frustration and complexity in that?

We also used to have this simple game mechanic called Happiness that could boost all those. It could've easily been adjusted in a good way.

I think whoever is directing all these horrendous recent changes to DMK has never actually played it.