Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Finding Nemo Livestream summary

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 pm
Nemo event coming up! Update releases Aug 6, event starts Aug 8.

Characters: Nemo, Marlin, Dory, Hank*, Crush, Squirt, & Bruce* (*premium)
Attractions: Submarine Voyage (from Anaheim), Seas w/ Nemo & Friends (from Epcot), Crush's Coaster (from Paris)
There's also the usual parade float & concessions & decos.
Moana & co will be the supporting character group.

In non-event content, they added a second Haunted Mansion attraction modeled after the one in Anaheim (as the one already in the game looks like Orlando's).

Lastly, it looks like those little blue rockets next to the icon attractions are hubs for tracking the "thrill level" in that area of the park. You increase an area's thrill level by completing goals in that area (certain number of each deco type, each concession type, etc). Increasing the thrill level earns you more magic, and unlocks "special request" wishes. The special request wishes are blue, and will drop enchantment tokens and gems.

No new land plots being released, but they mentioned that they plan to reshape Tomorrowland in the future (pun intended) to increase the amount of usable land.

EDIT: Read Tinker's post below too, I stopped watching when they got into the prize winners, but there was more info after that.
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Finding Nemo Livestream summary

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:09 pm
Thanks for the info, looking forward to it.  I was hoping they might discuss the enchantment upgrades for the attractions, maybe tweak how that works.  But I’m guessing no?

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:10 pm
Also, they will rebalance the requirements to enchant Mickey and friends buildings, and Toy story buildings. All Toy story building requirements will decrease, but Mickey buildings requirements for level one and two will be increased, and decreased for the other levels.
 All Finding Nemo buildings will be enchantable, as well as Prince Charming's regal carrousel, Astro orbiters and Space traders (there propably was one more but I can't remember).
 No character collections will be rebalanced.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:12 pm
Good call Tinker, I stopped watching when they got into the quiz answers, didn't realize there would be more info afterwards :) .

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:14 pm
Andoski wrote:
Enchantment wasn't mentioned at all. That said, their demo game didn't show any of the "ready to enchant" icons hovering over attractions, so fingers crossed that those have been eliminated.

Ahem, they did mention them - after revealing the winners of the contest.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:16 pm
TinkerAllTheWay wrote:
Andoski wrote:
Enchantment wasn't mentioned at all. That said, their demo game didn't show any of the "ready to enchant" icons hovering over attractions, so fingers crossed that those have been eliminated.

Ahem, they did mention them - after revealing the winners of the contest.

Gah! You snagged a quote before I could edit my post.
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Thank you both.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:22 pm
The other new enchantable attractions are Princess fairytale hall and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sorry, Andoski. Apparently I'm too quick.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:01 am
What do you think of the new thrill pedestals?

I get the feeling that players who have been giving too much to Merlin would be furious.  Good thing I've kept a healthy stock of decorations and concessions over the years.  Who knew that they finally give the decorations some actual worth of being in the park?

Feels strange that I have to move the Astro Orbiters and Princess Fairytale Hall attractions to Toontown because the Toontown pedestal is the only one being activated right now, and # of attractions enchanted is part of the Thrill levels, but what can you do?

I don't like that it just says completed and not 30/22 or something.  Just a convenience for if you want to move something and trying to maintain thrill levels.  Not only that, but I wish I could get those numbers so I can prepare Toontown in advance, but some of the requests just say completed in the Livestream.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:15 am
I think the thrill pedestals are a feature I would have liked if it existed from the beginning. But the change from the situation now to the new situation already feels annoying.

First - as you said - I gve all my decoration to Merlin, They hinted with the last update that there might be a new feature for decoration so I kept all my decoration since then. But that's not much. I don't know if I have enough for some categories. Even the categories we know the number from the livestream - because I can't see in my inventory how many of an item I have. While this amount wasn't important for me till now it will be important after the update. There is no need to place any statue if I only have 9 and need 10.

Second - I was happy with how I placed my things - especially in this area. I only have little gaps. Exchanging 2 concessions won't be a problem. Squeezing some decorations inbetween or removing a concession to gain some space for larger decorations will also be no problem. But If I have to remove an attration to gain space for more concessions - or if I have to exchange attractions to get more upgradable ones, then I would need to do a complete redesign for the first area.

Third - I agree that we need to see 30/22 for the completed requirements. When we log in we won't even know what we can move away and what needs to stay. This problem will even increase when all thirll level are unlocked. When I want to know where I can get a food concession from, then I would have to try every area and remove one and see if we get a warning or not. If a developer sees this - maybe you could add this little information before the update?