Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Is elixir still valid in its current state

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes : 11

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Elixir problem?

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:10 pm
[Poll Format, 1 choice no revote]

Up until recently, the elixir acted as a bailout for the way the chests were designed, which was a hodgepodge of decorations, concessions, and attractions on a blue moon.

But now that the chest system has changed, I suppose the importance of elixir may have changed too.

Now that decorations and concessions are premium and there's very little in the way of free gifts, maybe the elixir system needs to change?

If so, what do you think needs changing?  Do spells need new costs, new items in the store, enchantment tokens?
no avatar

FlowerQueen

Windows PC

Re: Elixir problem?

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:40 am
I used to give Merlin all the stuff I did not want, mostly decorations and a rare concession. Now I can't afford to do that. It costs way too much of my potions. I just got a hamburger stand the other day, it's 1000 in elixir but it's 5200 potions to convert. NO Freaking WAY. It takes forever now to get potions. So no more trading for me, I'm lucky i earn 12,000 potion each day at level 54 with happiness a struggle at 50% joyous and current elixir at 17,854.

So what needs to change other than the formula..........I have no clue.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:38 am
I still get some decoration from chests as sometimes a decoration chest appears in my kingdom. But my problem is that they hinted that deoration could become more important. Before I always put all decoration in the cauldron - but now I want to keep it in case it might be needed in future. But now I have no way of gaining elixir.

@FlowerQueen I think if you only get 12,000 magic a day at level 54 you are doing something wrong. When you send a character on a 8 hour activity it gives you 200 magic. If you do that 2 times per day, then it would be 400 magic per day per character. At level 54 you should have more than 50 characters - so only your characters could gain more than 20,000 per day. And you also get something from attractions and concessions.
no avatar

FlowerQueen

Windows PC

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:17 am
Yalliria - YOU are right, I do earn more than 12,000 a day. Silly me! That's what on average Merlin gets for me if I send him which on average is twice a day. It used to be much more prior to the enchantments

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:30 pm
For a LONG time, I dumped every single deco and almost every concession into Merlin's cauldron. Ever since the enchantment update, which added the "categories" of concessions and decos, I've stopped and have started hoarding them instead. I assume they will take on some new purpose or function soon, so I'm holding on to them until we know what that is.

It helps that there's nothing in my merlin's shop to buy except tokens, so as it stands now I have 150k elixir and nothing to spend it on.
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:25 am
Wow, I thought I was doing okay at 50K elixir.  I too have nothing to buy there except tokens, which I have the patience to earn the old fashioned way.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:21 am
Oy, I still have three atrtractions and three costumes to buy from Merlin. They need to come up with another way to get elixir if we can't get them from decorations anymore.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:59 am
they will. It will involve paying gems or real money in some form.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:15 pm
With the thrill levels giving the decorations and concessions worth, with them only available in chests, and cosequently, the need to hoarde said decorations and concessions... where does that leave elixir?

Is it me, or do you feel elixir is on its way out?

And if it is, how would we use the elixir that we have?

To say farewell to it, should the game have a month long garage sale where you pay elixir to get decorations, concessions, and maybe a few leaderboard attractions?  Don't forget the character tokens, and especially chests.

I sure would love Merlin to take those decos and concessions out of the ocean to give some of them back.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:14 pm
Merlin will still be needed. It's just a matter of time. I already place enough lamp posts and benches in this first area - and still have some left. Once all areas have the thrill level unlocked, then we know how many decorations of which category are not needed - and we can still give them to Merlin.