Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Pedestals and chest storage spots

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:06 am
Another search job for someone more computer litterate than me. - Cant find anything on the wiki.

What did we pay for the different pedestals to open chests on way back when and what did we pay to open the respective chest storage spots?

Just so I have a number when they **** us out of most of it when they "reimburse" us at the next update?
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Pedestals and chest storage spots

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:36 am
Players started with 1 Pedistal and 4 storage spots in the treasure bank.

Pedistal 2 cost 35 gems
Pedistal 3 cost 150 gems (was 195 gems before Oct. 2016 when I bought it, but I think 150 gems is the value they'll use.)

Storage slot 5 - 1,000 magic
Storage slot 6 - 10,000 magic
Storage slot 7 - 50,000 magic

So a fully purchased treasure room should be refunded for a minimum of 185 gems (230 gems ideally) and 61,000 magic.  Lesser treasure rooms should be compensated accordinly.

I wonder if the treasure bank building will remain or be removed from main street.  Maybe it'll be changed to a different building to visually showcase the new chests and their treasures, I dunno.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:31 am
Thx. 

Well any normal company would just reimburse us the full 230 gems. - It is after all a fictive currency that they print themselves. - Anyone want to register guesses at how much Gameloft will try to stiff us on it?

I find it really amazing that they actually have a policy of only partially reimbursing people in a fictive currency they have full control over. Its mindboggling.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:38 am
I just thought about buying the last pedistal - in case they refund the higher value - but it's blocked.
The button still says 150 gems.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:40 pm
Long time players will recall when DMK began, gem spending had no 'confirm' step, so just single tap near a skip button or pedestal was an instant purchase and gems deducted. 

That's how I accidentally bought both Pedestal 2 and 3!

Later on I found them useful, but was trying to save my gems at the time. 

That was back in the days when Gameloft actually HEARD our pleads for fairness, and added a 'confirm' button step into gem purchases.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:31 pm
I don't know when this was - a few years ago the EU made one useful law. The law basically says, that before money can be spent online - the user has to click a button with the label 'Buy' on it. And before a premium currency can be spent the user has to click a button with the label 'Buy' or 'Redeem' on it.

So I'm not sure if Gameloft reacted to the players - or just to this law.
no avatar

KatC

Google Play (Android)

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:48 pm
Did anyone ever actually get reimbursed? I still haven't.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm
KatC wrote:

Not yet. That said, in the last livestream they said that the "vault" scene would be disappearing in the Nemo update, and yet it's still there.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:49 pm
Andoski wrote:
KatC wrote:

Not yet. That said, in the last livestream they said that the "vault" scene would be disappearing in the Nemo update, and yet it's still there.

They got distracted by the special wish bubble issue and had to refocus. Lol
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 pm
Didn't they say that it will disappear in a future update but NOT in the Nemo update?