Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Re: Shenzi

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 pm
True that...  

In general, it seems that it is how far can they push us before we break.  Interesting business strategy.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 pm
Well, I think they will break the game in the process and kill the golden goose. - Dont know about anyone else, but say they take a look at some point, could be now, and too many people are drifting out of the door and the number is growing and they decide to try and change horse. - So they aim to make a game where you have ample opportunity to spend money and gems to make it easier, but with some effort you can get through the events with free games and be able to sleep and occasionally work and even have a day or two where you cant get online much and still make it.

I dont think they will ever do that, but say they do and they implement several limited events where everything is reasonable. Now if Im still here, Ill still be looking for the hidden barb every time and Ill still be grumpy and losing faith in the game. - I could be alone of course, but it will take rather a lot to shift me off that place. - Im kind of thinking that if and when the exodus starts, it cant be stopped by simply backtracking. I think its too late then, and I think the game is dead then.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:37 am
I for one don't want this game to die. I hate the way DMK is being managed, but I love the game - the idea of it is exactly what I always wanted in a game. The execution currently sucks, but I don't want to lose this game.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 pm
TinkerAllTheWay wrote:
I for one don't want this game to die. I hate the way DMK is being managed, but I love the game - the idea of it is exactly what I always wanted in a game. The execution currently sucks, but I don't want to lose this game.

Ditto, :)

claire2205

Windows PC

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:03 am
I honestly feel like a lot of people have seen the prices and can't really be bothered with this event. The characters aren't that interesting (three nearly identical hyenas). I know I'm not pushing that hard for it (got Banzai but can't see how I'll get enough EC for Shenzi even when I do have the majority of the characters) and yet I'm still within the top 50 on the event leaderboard.

Again it feels like Gameloft need to actually work out the maths behind the numbers they're using rather than just picking numbers that they think seem to work.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:30 am
Personally, I find myself torn. While I would prefer to continue playing this game, I would rather it be killed than continuing to limp along in this (explitive deleted) format that has been forced on the game by Vivendi upper management

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:30 pm
star_ranger4 wrote:
Personally, I find myself torn. While I would prefer to continue playing this game, I would rather it be killed than continuing to limp along in this (explitive deleted) format that has been forced on the game by Vivendi upper management

Where you can always quit playing while the game exists, you can never keep playing if it doesn't exist.
I want to keep playing, but with better management.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:15 pm
And of course Shenzi is required for the second sidequest... You know the quests set up expressly to help get enough ec to get the main prize char which is... yes Shenzi.

Nothing new. They do it every damn tower. Its equally or perhaps increasingly stupid every time.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

JurassicGenie

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:36 am
There’s not enough hours in 5 days to earn enough coins by sending characters out every 2 hours. They are counting on us to speed up the TC with diamonds. I’ll comply but once my diamond stash hits zero I’m not playing anymore. I refuse to be sucked completely dry.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:58 pm
I havent given up completely yet. I think it should be just possible without diamonds. - Whether Ill manage to do it is another question.  Whether Ill enjoy playing the game while trying is another still and the answer to that one is "no".