Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Shenzi

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 pm
Well seemingly theyve pushed again and pushed hard. - Have they finally pushed hard enough that it actually is impossible to get the main prize without paying.

What with 2500 to be shelled out for Banzai.... it looks really damn hard.

Have the chinese leaked the costs of the second and third chapter tokens? I cant find it. Even reddit seems to be waiting for the costs to show up.

So what is the complete cost of Shenzi (not counitng the 2500 for Banzai.)?
l
Personally I didnt have Frozone but as he was placed suddenly very low in the tiers in his chest, I caved and tried. - Surprisingly I got him in 3 attempts and also landed the Incredibles house. Not sure that was intended but nice that stuff like that does happen. Got Ed as well, but with Frozone being very low level, Im already struggling in chapter one. - WEll cocoa is not dropping like it should even with only a 2, 4, 6 and 8 hour job and Ive been a bit sick missing out on properly utilizing a daily refresh... sooo thats probably it, right. No way the cost of the seond and third token will be reasonable enough to give me a chance still`?
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

Steven_Ram

Google Play (Android)

Re: Shenzi

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:22 am
25 skeleton hats for 300 for a total of 7,500
25 ear hats i am assumging 450 for a total of 11,250
25 rocks i am assuming 650 for a total of 16,250 maybe more
4,000 to welcome shenzi
2,500 to welcom banzai 
im just guessing from previous tower challenge events
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:04 am
I won't even get the concession from the first chapter. And I didn't even miss a single character to send. I don't have Frozone - so I am limited how often to send. I used the daily refresh only when everyone was tired - and I used all the cocoa I got. I have one cocoa I just got - but with sending one character again I still won't get the concession. It's 7 hours to go - so I would need to send the last group in 5 hours - and there's only one possible cocoa drop in that time - but even with this I will be a few points short.

I bought Ed btw. But he doesn't help at all with the cocoa drops. Because he needs to be level 2. And the only way I can get his tokens is his 6 hours task - which drops 4 different kinds of tokens. I don't have all the other lion king characters - and Pumbaa doesn't drop Eds tokens.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:43 pm
well. Seemingly 400 f0r the head so possibly we can count on 500 for the pot.

Thats 30k for tokens +4k welcome and2.5 k for banzai.

36.5 k total. 

Im currently at just under 9.

Chapters 2 and 3 are going to be better for me, but... 14k a piece. I doubt it.

I wonder if anyone is confident of getting Shenzi without paying?
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:51 pm
Tviorr - This is not the first event where people could not win without premium content.  I think that has been the case since around the Mulan TC.  Maybe even earlier than that (as I started getting a premium character for each normal event with Dopey and SW).

This is the first one where it is blatantly obvious, what with the main characters each event being premium content characters.  If you have those three premium content characters, maybe a few others, you where here since at least the Lion King event, you are done with the main story line (other than the new stuff, like TS and DT) and most of your characters are at 10, then I think that you can "win" this event without paying additional money/gems.  However, that is only because you paid gems or money before.   I personally don't have the three featured characters, so I will not finish this event.  

I currently have 11,224 EC (with 8 days and 22 hours left).  I already purchased Banzai.  No way to get there without spending a lot more in gems or actual money.  I'm not going to go that (already sent a lot of gems on this event).
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:13 pm
Yeah that seems to be the ticket. - To be fair, depending on the third chapter - especially the price of the third token and whether there are chapter 3 event quests for extra ec of some substance (Looks like Timon and Pumba arent through the side story?), then I think that I just might do it if I stopped sleeping and working altogether.

My 0 for 4 cocoa drop session - again - is making me doubt it of course but seeing as I didnt have Frozone and got him in a chest (still free diamonds though), you could possibly say that thats what pushed me out of completing range. - So if Id started a couple of months earlier just before or during the Incredibles limited event (first one) instead of right before or during Nightmare before Christmas I would likely have been able to fill out the incredibles completely as I have with Nightmare and most of the Incredibles.

So hmmm if Id been there for the beginning and not just for 973 days I might do it barely keeping my sanity and not throwing up from stress along the way.

Thing is. - That doesnt really count as doable in the real world.

Firstly it says free to play before during and after downloading and constantly during play. Limited events should therefore be possible - reasonably possible - using only free diamonds. I think its okay that some permanent chars are slow collectible and so far out of the price range that you will never catch everything without paying and you should not expect to catch up completely without paying.

Secondly - as it still says free to play, this should apply to a lesser extent for new players too. - As in players should be able to get to progress and get to a point eventually where they have a reasonable chance to complete new timed events only with free diamonds.

First and second is not based on such flimsy things as morals or ethics or even fairness. - Its based on Gameloft making the promise of FREE TO PLAY on the tin of the game. As they do not specify that you cant also sleep occasionally and have a work or a break occasionally then reasonable effort has to be enough. At the point where 10-12 hours arent enough, the promise is not being kept. Thats in the territory of faulty and misleading adverticing, not just a fairness or morals discussion.

Thirdly. - This is a game based on Disney characters and small stories about them. - Did anyone notice....As such, Im not sure its demanded, but its at the very least a strong expectation that a child can play this game. - This free to play game and do well with some effort. - I invite you to have a 12-14 year old kid play and see if they can get pretty much anywhere in the game only with free diamonds. - And reasonable effort as in they still have to maintain sleep, school, homework and possibly even a bit of time with some friends.

So Gameloft, Vivendi, whatever the name of the devil in disguise is these days, stop writing FREE TO PLAY on the tin when you effectively and so very very clearly dont mean it. - I dont think its even legal.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:23 pm
Tviorr - totally agree with you.  I started the game right before the LK event.  I was able to finish that event without buying any premium content.  Same with Aladdin and Alice, and the first three TCs.  The first event where I bought premium content (I had to have Dopey) and I wasn't able to finish, based on very bad drops for the Queen and Grumpy-gate.  It used to be a free to play game, and you could still win if you played a lot.  To me, logging in a lot was how I offset not buying the premium content.  

But that went out the window with the Mulan TC.  And since that time, it has just gotten worse and worse.  Even with playing all the time (during awake hours), you have to get premium content to have a chance at completing any event.  And now, you need to get more and more premium content to win.  And in this case, you need to have purchased the correct premium content in past events.

I'm somewhat surprised that they caved and reduced the Timon and Nala and attraction prices.  Now Timon is the price that Mulan was that sent me over the edge.  (I was so mad, I tell you not to get Cri-Kee but not enough outcry to get them to change her price to say 2,500, which would have been enough for me.....)

I have said before that I thought that this TC was the best balanced one for players at different levels.  That was before I saw the original Timon prices.  But now that they have made those more manageable, I will say that I think that holds true.  Everyone has a shot at a few characters.  However, I currently feel fairly disadvantaged - I bought a good amount of premium content in the PatF event (the other character and the building) and for Ariel (got other character), but I didn't buy it all, so now I don't get Shenzi.  I did buy Ed and got Banzai and got Violet on a gems chest.  And will get at least 2 of the three concessions.  So, it isn't terrible.  Just not great.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 pm
I see what you are saying and I agree to a point. Well, mainly I think you are a nicer and more forgiving persion than I am. - I would put it slightly different. - Towers are still better balanced than the other timelimited events. - Barely at this point, cause they will price ugly next tower again and possibly the outcry and backlash will be smaller and then it will stand. - If not it will be a bit harder and cost a bit more money to open stuff that will make it doable to get through.

But yeah, compared to the other timelimited events, towers are still better.

Thing is. The majority of towers had not VIP chars. You played them and got the prize playing progressively harder and harder (as a long term player) or picked up reasonably generous amounts of old content (as a newer player).

Not anymore. Now the Tower events has a worse ratio of vip chars than normal timelimits. - And the price of the vips are likewise upped.

As for the newer players they got the strategy this time. - Massively jagged up prices. Massively enough that when theres backlash, they can say oops and lower the prices to what used to be an exhorbitant level but now its suddenly supposedly the generous and listening side of Gameloft we are seeing. And if the backlash had been smaller they would have just smiled their evil smiles and got away with it. - No worries though. They will jag prices and levels and requirements again next event and the next event and the one after that. In 6 months there will be a backlash from the latest tower and they will step back and generously reduce the pricings and the old content chars available will thus be dialed back to 15k a piece.

I call **** on it. - Yes, I know, - me, what happened there, I bet everyone is soooo surprised;-)
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 pm
I'm not nicer than you.  (Reread some of my posts about the Mulan TC, if you want proof.)  But for my own mental health, I can't get too mad.  And I'm sort of beyond being surprised at the crap that they will pull.  That said, I was still surprised by a few things this event, such as the premium characters as the main characters in this event and that they caved and reduced the price of some characters.

And I kind of like the idea of maybe being able to get a few more old characters or missing attractions from a TC - the continual reuse of the same characters (Mrs. Incredible and Jack from NBC, for instance) has gotten old.  

It used to be more fun, that is for sure.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:47 pm
Cant help but think they pushed a bit extra with the prices just to see if they get away with it without massive backlash, always planning to dial it back some depening on the size of the backlash.

Even though the prices are still extremely expensive for the old content, they will of course now be able to spin it as listening to the community.