Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Since the update the happiness situation has gotten a little better. I could increse my happiness every day a little. I did reach ecstatic now. So you could say everything is fine?

No.

There is one problem. I don't stay in ecstatic.

I wake up in the morning. Lot's of activities are finished. Lot's of attractions are ready to collect. And my happiness is low. It vanished over night. I collect everything. If I'm lucky there are some fast wishes that I can complete before I have to go to work. So I reach ecstatic again. But that doesn't help me - I already did collect everything. Now there's nothing left.
When I'm back from work the happiness is even lower. I barely reached it in the morning. Lot's of activities are finished. Lot's of attractions are ready to collect. With low happiness. So I collect everything. I fulfil wishes. But a few aren't enough - happiness is lower than in the morning. At some point I will reach ecstatic again. Now I can make some use of it. But not much. I already did collect all the long activities. What finishes now is the 1 or 2 hour activities that I started in the evening. It's better than nothing I guess. But I could use the drop chance more for the long activies that usually drop the rarer tokens.
no avatar

Disneyfan528

Apple (iOS)

I complained to Gameloft about this very issue.  Here is the reply I received.  They don’t give a crap and even told me to use diamonds to get up to ecstatic!  I’m feeling like this game isn’t worth it anymore!  I awoke yesterday morning to 0% happiness!  My kingdom completely loses so much happiness when I sleep!  I will never get back to a decent level, and they admitted it was created to be that way!! They said they make decisions on community feedback, if that were true, then I’d like to know who thinks the happiness levels this way is good?? Thanks for nothing Gameloft! 
Hello Vicki,

Thank you for your reply.

Increasing happiness with 1-2% is intended, but with the latest updated we reduced the decay time of the ecstatic tier. You could try completing more Happiness quests or use the Happiness Safeguard.

I can understand why you feel dissatisfied and annoyed. However, please note that decisions regarding game changes are taken based on a number of factors, such as overall community feedback, the game economy and balance needs, etc.

As a result, some ideas and comments from our players may not always be brought to life. However, we do pay attention to our game community's mood and strive to make sure our games better match our fans' expectations.

I assure you that your comment has been duly noted however, and will be passed on to the development team directly.

Thank you for your interest in our games.

Sincerely,
-------------------------------
Dimitar
Customer Care Agent
All dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
no avatar

Gracelinda

Apple (iOS)

My happiness is the lowest ever.  Treasure chest no longer give you happiness each time you open them just sometimes.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I haven't had any trouble staying in ecstatic since the latest update. Each wish still grants 10%, I usually have the max of 6 wishes available in my kingdom, and the decay is much slower than it had been until last week. If I have it at 70-80% before bed, it's still in the 20-30% range when I wake up, and a couple wishes gets me right back over 50%.
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

I am another apparent outlier.
no avatar

FlowerQueen

Windows PC

I'm on the downward spiral of my happiness in the joyful tier.. Before this tower challenge I was able to be in the upper 80s and I could sneak up into the 90s with an occasional trip into the estatic phase. Now I'm going to be lucky if I can dig my way back up to the 80s.  Currently I'm at 65.  By the time I earn 1 happiness...I'm down to 62.  So frustrating.  Oh well.  Guess I can look forward to being only cheerful soon.

Demi-Guy

Windows PC

"overall community feedback"

The community chose this happiness debacle?

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Now THAT is an outright lie, since we all know how much we all raised a stink about it when they first changed it. Hell, the only reason they halved the decay rate of Estatci (and they should halve it AGAIN) is because the community stood up and said WAIT A MINUTE
no avatar

Disneyfan528

Apple (iOS)

star_ranger4 wrote:
Now THAT is an outright lie, since we all know how much we all raised a stink about it when they first changed it. Hell, the only reason they halved the decay rate of Estatci (and they should halve it AGAIN) is because the community stood up and said WAIT A MINUTE

I know!! What community members want to have their park happiness levels drop to nothing? Making it difficult to get needed drop items?  Um, NOT ME!!
All dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Eyorelizzie

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

North Pole

Demi-Guy wrote:
"overall community feedback"

The community chose this happiness debacle?

Hahahaha. Wonder what community that was? Certainly not forum posters!
A narcissist uses many "I's" in a sentence as they think the world revolves around them.

Having a wonderful 4 weeks visiting Xmas markets in Belgium, Germany and Prague. Yes! My life! Overseas every 3 months, exploring! Who needs to work? Not me,,,