Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Alvin_Wolcott

Apple (iOS)

Re: Mickey balloon token overload

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:08 am
I’ve finally reached the mid-point in my balloon collection! 800 down 800 to go!
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:45 pm
Disney-Dgi wrote:
Oh... they thought it through alright, in terms of which remaining play mechanics can be converted from an earn & collect process, to a manipulated-odds lottery spin. They knew that having mis-matched drop rates on common tokens may frustrate some players into buying another spin of the chest roulette. Why on earth would common relics be 40% chance but common blueprints only 20%?

It is truly pitiful how this game started out 3 years ago with rewards easily dropped for assigned character tasks; a steady earning of magic currency in the process; and being able to gain or purchase gems for directly buying buildings, concessions, decorations, and occasionally premium characters. Compare that to what it has devolved into; tokens, happiness, magic, attractions, concessions, decorations, have all become lottery prizes with minimal odds of getting what you actually want. And now we must win thousands of lotteries just to regain the buildings dropping tokens that they were dropping last month.

I've only got 890 balloons and 675 balls, but the point is that while enchantment tokens are not maxed out, under the system created by the update, there's going to be possible ongoing conflicts with needed drops during events, and the chests will drop those items instead of something else you'd prefer or need. Because they've been given the highest odds and are not maxed out. And even if you don't need the enchantments, they're gonna drop anyway. 

That's the insidious nature of what they've introduced. I'd say that they don't really like players being able to max out any tokens, because it allows us to increase our odds of getting drops we need. They'd much prefer if all the drops are "random" as manipulated by the chest odds that they control. So they can sell you those chests.

Very neatly put. Again my imagination was too limited to see the barbed hook. Surprisingly so seeing as there was absolutely no bait to sweeten it this time.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 pm
Andoski wrote:
Disney-Dgi wrote:
Just now I finally managed to max out my red balloons at 1320. :o

That's a relief, Andoski and Tailmister must have more Mickey & Friends buildings than me. Now to get rid of those **** Pixar balls, I'm only 770 there. So annoying...

Maybe you don't have Steambot Willie or Fantasmic yet?

aaaaarrrgghh. Thought I was done with that hellish balloon.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 

Eyorelizzie

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

North Pole

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 pm
Romina Goldie wrote:
I feel like this whole enchantment mechanic was put together without having been thought through at all.

I feel ALL improvements have NO thought lately.
A narcissist uses many "I's" in a sentence as they think the world revolves around them.

Having a wonderful 4 weeks visiting Xmas markets in Belgium, Germany and Prague. Yes! My life! Overseas every 3 months, exploring! Who needs to work? Not me,,,

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:56 am
Eyorelizzie wrote:
Romina Goldie wrote:
I feel like this whole enchantment mechanic was put together without having been thought through at all.

I feel ALL improvements have NO thought lately.

Better to say that they are thinking they know more about what makes this fun to play without paying attention to the one person who knows how we, the players actually FEEL about all this.  *Gives a glare in Marc Andre's direction*
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 pm
I finally maxed out the balloons today, stopped at 1320.  Glad those are behind me, at least for now.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:57 am
I think we should gather up all those damn balloons and stuff them into Gamelofts headquarters.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:06 pm
I maxed the balloons and now onto the balls.  They will take a lot longer to max out, given the buildings and the new characters at play.  

So, I think that I'm different than others on this.  Since the chests are already a mess for the past few months since they started given tokens even if you were maxed for your current leveling up needs, I sort of don't care that we could collect 1000+ balloons.  It was actually something for the Mickey and Friends collection to do when generally they didn't have much to do in my kingdom.  I'd rather feel that my characters are being productive than just have them at home.  I feel the same way about the 100s of common tokens for other characters too.  Something to do in the down time between events. 

And everyone talks about concerns that chests won't drop what you want during an event because of these changes (and the addition of the enchantment tokens).  To me, that isn't the issue.  It has been ages, I believe, since event tokens have been in normal chests in your kingdom.  They made this change to special chests ages ago, that you had to buy. And instead of a legendary chest on the calendar during events, we get these less valuable special chests with the event tokens.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 pm
Anyone maxed on Toy Story balls?  If so, what number was your magic number?  I'm at 1228 with Ducky at 8 and Bunny at 4, and all other TS characters maxed out.  

Also, my balloons are now not maxed out again, although they previous were at 1320.  I hadn't had any new balloons in ages, but now, after the end of the TC, balloons are an option again for the Fun Wheel and some of the characters.  Wonder what's up with that.  I haven't done anything (like I didn't upgrade anything).  I wonder what my new number will be now for the balloons.

Classicsmiley

Windows PC

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:17 am
My balloons topped out at 1344.