Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Mickey balloon token overload

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:43 am
Not counting the luxo balls saved to level up the new toys... Imagine if the Luxo Lamps discovered a warehouse with 1,780 Luxo Balls.  That's how many Luxo (Pixar balls) is needed for full enchantment.  I dunno why they need that much since there are only nine attractions that use the Pixar ball.  At least I have all 1,625 Mickey Balloons and 1,780 Pixar balls... but man, Pluto is pretty sick, Woody needs a new voice box, and Bo Peep has lost her voice for a while.

Edit:  WHAT'S GOING ON?  After I upgraded Mickey's Fun Wheel, the game wants me to collect five more balloons?  Why?  My Mickey and Friend characters are all at Level 10.  Why do I need all these Balloons?  I thought this was supposed to be storage for future enchantment levels 1-5 for all 11 of my attraction that uses the balloons!  Since my characters are level 10, I don't think we need to collect all the balloons and common tokens to level everybody up to 10 again... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?  Unless we're able to trade common tokens for enchantment materials in a future update, I don't see the necessity for this.
no avatar

casual_gamer

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pm
.. and Goofy is now an elite ultra marathon runner and/or has a stress fracture.

Thanks for posting the numbers. I'm at about 500 balloons and 300 Luxo balls and I had kept thinking I'd surely max out soon. But given that I don't need any Mickey and Friends character tokens, I'm in no rush. Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, and Minnie can all go back home for a rest.
no avatar

Romina Goldie

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:29 pm
I feel like this whole enchantment mechanic was put together without having been thought through at all.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:05 pm
Oh... they thought it through alright, in terms of which remaining play mechanics can be converted from an earn & collect process, to a manipulated-odds lottery spin. They knew that having mis-matched drop rates on common tokens may frustrate some players into buying another spin of the chest roulette. Why on earth would common relics be 40% chance but common blueprints only 20%?

It is truly pitiful how this game started out 3 years ago with rewards easily dropped for assigned character tasks; a steady earning of magic currency in the process; and being able to gain or purchase gems for directly buying buildings, concessions, decorations, and occasionally premium characters. Compare that to what it has devolved into; tokens, happiness, magic, attractions, concessions, decorations, have all become lottery prizes with minimal odds of getting what you actually want. And now we must win thousands of lotteries just to regain the buildings dropping tokens that they were dropping last month.

I've only got 890 balloons and 675 balls, but the point is that while enchantment tokens are not maxed out, under the system created by the update, there's going to be possible ongoing conflicts with needed drops during events, and the chests will drop those items instead of something else you'd prefer or need. Because they've been given the highest odds and are not maxed out. And even if you don't need the enchantments, they're gonna drop anyway. 

That's the insidious nature of what they've introduced. I'd say that they don't really like players being able to max out any tokens, because it allows us to increase our odds of getting drops we need. They'd much prefer if all the drops are "random" as manipulated by the chest odds that they control. So they can sell you those chests.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 am
Romina Goldie wrote:
I feel like this whole enchantment mechanic was put together without having been thought through at all.

Indeed, and has infuriated me to the point I have Not been posting because I cannot be certain I can be civil about this, especially after my open letter to our community manager urging him to be more pro active to the dev team and less rah rah oh hey look at this cool stuff we see in the live streams.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:14 am
I think anger should be directed to the company not individuals; these game changes are all Company decisions. Marc's role involves being a public face for that company.

What's interesting is with all the frustration being posted here and on Facebook, when do we ever get any response or acknowledgement from Gameloft reps? In years past they would actively comment on here, but now seems they're oblivious to any critical questions.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Up to 901 Luxo balls, no end in sight...
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:52 pm
Just now I finally managed to max out my red balloons at 1320. :o

That's a relief, Andoski and Tailmister must have more Mickey & Friends buildings than me. Now to get rid of those **** Pixar balls, I'm only 770 there. So annoying...

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 pm
Disney-Dgi wrote:
Just now I finally managed to max out my red balloons at 1320. :o

That's a relief, Andoski and Tailmister must have more Mickey & Friends buildings than me. Now to get rid of those **** Pixar balls, I'm only 770 there. So annoying...

Maybe you don't have Steambot Willie or Fantasmic yet?
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 pm
Yes I've got those two, but I've never bought Pluto's dog house, so that's one I know of.