Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mickey balloon token overload

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 pm
The ability to enchant a whole bunch of the 'Mickey & Friends' attractions has brought back the mickey balloon tokens for collection. That said, has anyone managed to max out on the balloons yet?

I now have over 1600 of them (yes, one thousand six hundred) via Mickey/Goofy/Pluto's 1min tasks, and they show no sign of stopping. How many of these tokens could we possibly need to max out the attraction enchantments? Are they ever going to stop?

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Mickey balloon token overload

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:26 pm
1600?  If they want to celebrate up, they'll have to do better.

With that out of the way, 1600 and more?  Makes me cringe even more with future updates when the rest of the common tokens take an hour to collect.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:38 pm
I agree Tailmister.  1600 is not a good omen for the roll out of this feature to other attractions.  

On the up side, something to do when you are bored, I guess.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:50 am
Quick update: I just hit 1625 balloon tokens, and the drops have stopped.

Meanwhile, my Toy Story bouncy balls are at 487 and counting...
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:02 am
Holy cow, that’s a lot

By the way, welcome back.
no avatar

David_Weiss

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:53 am
I’m at 400+ but it seems I’ve got a ways to still go.

Poor Mickey endless searching for his friends while Goofy must be exhausted to endlessly run in panic. And, Pluto must be weary of chasing that tail of his with the cap still so far away.

But while these collectibles are just a long slog, I can only imagine how long it’ll take to collect the other tokens. I have a decent amount of the Mickey Mouse relics and a few for Toy Story too. One short on the Common Blue Prints and even have some of the next level of rarity. If each level needs the corresponding rarity of blueprints we’re gonna be at this for a while.

I was intrigued by the idea of leveling up the buildings to make them more useful, but the effort hardly seems worth it for either long time players who already probably have all the tokens offered or newer players who have the main game to work on.

BlueDemon1

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:29 pm
And here I thought my 362 was exorbitant. 

Sending out these guys every 60 seconds getting pretty annoying....
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:42 pm
I think I'm starting to realise how this is gonna play out. So far, the main thing I've got out of the chests is the Mickey relic. Tons of them, followed by common tokens or blueprints. So if this follows the same pattern as the red balloons, that's at least 1625 chests that are gonna drop Mickey relics to the exclusion of something more useful. They could literally run for years on the Mickey collection alone.

Looking at my odds in the (soon defunct) chest vault, for the commonly spawned bronze chest I have 40% chance of a Mickey relic, then 30% chance Toy Story relic, and 20% blueprints. Useful tokens are 2.5%, many 1.3%, or most 0.08%. 

So the chests will effectively become more worthless than those hundreds of benches and lamp posts we received, because even Merlin won't trade your surplus relics for anything. It's GL's way of getting the chests NOT to drop useful items by filling the high likelihood with trash. Trash whose purpose is to restore drops from attractions that were previously there but were taken away.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:54 pm
mesaboy2 wrote:
By the way, welcome back.

Thanks!
no avatar

FireMrshlBill

Windows PC

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:46 pm
Disney-Dgi wrote:
I think I'm starting to realise how this is gonna play out. So far, the main thing I've got out of the chests is the Mickey relic. Tons of them, followed by common tokens or blueprints. So if this follows the same pattern as the red balloons, that's at least 1625 chests that are gonna drop Mickey relics to the exclusion of something more useful. They could literally run for years on the Mickey collection alone.

Looking at my odds in the (soon defunct) chest vault, for the commonly spawned bronze chest I have 40% chance of a Mickey relic, then 30% chance Toy Story relic, and 20% blueprints. Useful tokens are 2.5%, many 1.3%, or most 0.08%. 

So the chests will effectively become more worthless than those hundreds of benches and lamp posts we received, because even Merlin won't trade your surplus relics for anything. It's GL's way of getting the chests NOT to drop useful items by filling the high likelihood with trash. Trash whose purpose is to restore drops from attractions that were previously there but were taken away.

Based on your estimates and the number of blueprints needed, I'd assume I would be getting a lot more. However, it took me 2 days to get the the final blueprint I needed to upgrade the Wheel. I get the mickey and toy story tokens far more. So some of these enchantment upgrades that only need 10 tokens but 20 common blueprints, it will take me months just to do 1. They need to fix the common blueprint drop rate.