Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

whitemareofmabon

Windows PC

More Land - An Alternative

Sat May 25, 2019 6:53 pm
I know one of the things that I and probably most others want in game is more land. It is in such short supply that we miss out on being able to build a decorative park with themed areas.  I've heard mention that releasing new land is difficult as it can cause game performance issues. So I came up with an alternative.  I think there should be a feature simiar to "Visting Home" for characters. A building (something like "Hall of Attractions") that is free and can store all buildings and consession stands. With all the same features and abilities as having the buildings placed in the park. But with a sizable reduction in token drop rates, magic and experienced earned (in order to make things balanced and still encourage people to spend $ on diamonds to speed up characters.)  

Features
  • Collected from once a day
  • Attractions can be placed inside
  • Concessions can be placed inside
  • Limited Number of spaces for attractions
  • Limited Number of spaces for concessions
  • Free once you reach a certain level
  • Drops tokens from Attractions
  • Characters can go on activities (same as if placed in the park)
  Balancing
  • Greatly reduced drop rates/chances for tokens
  • Greatly reduced rates for magic
  • Greatly reduced rates for experience
  • Requires a certain level to unlock
  • Only able to collect from once a day
 Magic/Enchantment Options
  • More Storage Space
  • Better chance of drops
  • More Magic 
  • Able to collect from more than once a day (this could also be a permanent gem/USD only upgrade)
  Gem Options
  • Spend to speed up attractions (same as in park)
  • Spend to speed up concessions (same as in park)
  • Spend to speed up character quests/activities (same as in park)
no avatar

ReallyNotHappy

Apple (iOS)

Re: More Land - An Alternative

Sat May 25, 2019 7:10 pm
This performance excuse has been going on for years. They are either incompetent devs, or lying, because they dont want to give us land.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat May 25, 2019 8:39 pm
I think that could be a good idea.  It could even be something like a storage thing like that commercial for the main street electrical parade

https://youtu.be/Upsn63HT3j0

I think if they say... give a fixed rate for each attraction, like 3 XP and 10 magic per hour collected every 12 hours, that could be something.  They could even give us token alerts as they do with the characters so we can take them out when they need to.

The fact of the matter is that, if the attraction isn't in our park, it doesn't benefit us at all, and we paid for and earned them.  If we can't place them in our park due to land issues, whether its system overload issues or something else, at least allow them to give us some benefit so to give an incentive to players to keep trying to earn attractions
no avatar

whitemareofmabon

Windows PC

Thu May 30, 2019 6:43 pm
Yes that would be a very good place for it tailmister

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Fri May 31, 2019 6:02 am
I mentioned this idea to Marc-Andre months and months ago when they came out with the "visit home" feature. We are forced to store buildings so why not allow us to collect magic and xp from them while they are stored. Fast forward to now... crickets.
no avatar

Thaliel

Google Play (Android)

achsen, Germany, Germany

Fri May 31, 2019 9:50 am
The argument that more land would make the game unstable is simply a lie. Again, let's compare with the my little pony game. It gives you director access to not just one huge area, but three. Each area having numerous plots of land you can uncurse directly, given you have enough bits/gems. Even when the separate locations do not count, the main area alone is almost as big as dmk's entire map when all cursed areas are unlocked. And that app is running fluid. No idea why the dmk team claims otherwise
no avatar

Disney Villain Fan 47714

Google Play (Android)

Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 am
Yup the excuse that more land impact performance is total bullsh#$t. From developer or coders point of view, creating more characters (hence more animation) is way more computing intensive. And yet they keep continue releasing new characters without any problem. The reason they won't release any new land is once the whole land released the game finished. Hence no more $$ for Gameloft.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:32 am
Well if that was the case they could just do a gate and add on a new area - and another one - and another one.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

Disney Villain Fan 47714

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:28 am
Naah... they can't expand the area any further than what it is now. It is the limitation of the system memory. An alternative is to create a "jump" to different area, but that means eveytime you "move" to that other area, the system must flushed the memory of current area and load the new one.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:39 pm
Pretty sure some of the outlyiing northern water areas werent always there, but showed up with an update.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less.