Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: New Happiness Scale

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:27 pm
Remy_LeBeau wrote:
It's official...this new happiness update is the STUPIDEST thing ever!!! In less than 10 days, I have gone from 100% joyous to absolutely ZERO happiness at all!!!

I barely get any wishes to grant aside from roller coaster riders, and when I get a character wish to grant, I only get 1 or 2. It is now IMPOSSIBLE to get any higher than 40-50% into the very first happiness level, making it 1000% harder to get things needed for character upgrades because of the low happiness level. My park might as well be EuroDisney at this point....or North Korea. Unhappiest Place on Earth. Grrrrrrrrr

Ouch!  That is a big problem

For curiosity's sake, do you know how much happiness is needed to get to cheerful, joyous, and ecstatic from 0 happiness?  I ask because it used to be 15 to cheerful, 35 to joyous, and 75 to ecstatic, and I think it's different now since they gifted us 160 happiness near the start of the update.

Regardless, the old happiness system was fine, just enough to encourage players to keep playing every day, while allowing us to sleep, work, school, and such.

Remy_LeBeau

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:53 pm
From what I see!1 normal character wish gives 10 points, and the roller coaster riders, at least for me, are giving between 1-3 points. Don’t know how much it is from rank to rank though. I would assume 100 points per rank though, but you know what they say about assumptions. lol

While 10 points for an actual wish is great, it does me no good when I get no wishes to grant, or one 1 wish every 3-4 days which is about what I am getting.

This entire overhaul, to me, is beyond frustrating. Especially since I busted my rump to get 2 parks maxed out on the happiness meters.

Maiadab

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:00 pm
The last two days I am getting about a dozen wishes to grant a day.  It's awful.  I try to log in hourly but never more than every 4 hours.  I woke up this morning to 80% Joyous and zero wishes to grant.  Closed the game and restarted it 3 times never got a wish.  Getting more and more frustrated.
no avatar

KFahrni

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm
I play several times a day. My daily streak is in the high 400, so imagine my surprise when my happiness can not stay past the first tier! I really don’t understand the purpose of the new happiness scale. That coupled with the fact that finding wishes to grant is next to impossible, is becoming increasingly frustrating. I don’t want to mess up my streak, but I find myself logging in less because of the frustration. Please fix this!
no avatar

Gracelinda

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:48 pm
I cannot even acquire the ecstatic happiness anymore. I use to be able to maintain it before the current update. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Maiadab

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:34 pm
KFahrni wrote:
I play several times a day. My daily streak is in the high 400, so imagine my surprise when my happiness can not stay past the first tier! I really don’t understand the purpose of the new happiness scale. That coupled with the fact that finding wishes to grant is next to impossible, is becoming increasingly frustrating. I don’t want to mess up my streak, but I find myself logging in less because of the frustration. Please fix this!

I'm the same way.  I was working so hard for the last couple weeks to try to get my happiness in ecstatic to no avail.  Now due to frustration, I have started getting on less and less.  Who wants to play a frustrating game?

I'd really like to know the reasoning for this change.  Other than for people to use real money to freeze the happiness level I can't see why they did it.

Eyorelizzie

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

North Pole

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:38 pm
Maiadab wrote:
KFahrni wrote:

I'm the same way.  I was working so hard for the last couple weeks to try to get my happiness in ecstatic to no avail.  Now due to frustration, I have started getting on less and less.  Who wants to play a frustrating game?

I'd really like to know the reasoning for this change.  Other than for people to use real money to freeze the happiness level I can't see why they did it.

Exactly....to make people pay real money. Why else does.GL.do anything???
Boo to enchantment. **** **** idea 

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:52 am
Only contradiction to what you just said is I think its the powers that be appointed by Vivendi after their acquisition of GameLoft rather than any GL employee EyoreLizzie
no avatar

Thaliel

Google Play (Android)

achsen, Germany, Germany

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 pm
For the last two days, I have been able to either stay at ecstatic or at least to get back up to it. The biggest problem still remains the rapid rate happiness is dropping when ecstatic. It drops about 20% per hour. This is a big problem when you cannot or do not want to check on the game every hour. We definitely need more, regularly appearing kids with wishes, without that ridiculous 6 wishes maximum limit
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:55 pm
I agree that its one of the worst things implemented in the game yet.

Im sure they will come up with something even worse soon enough, but so far at least.

Jumping into fix it mode:

The overhaul works like this.

When in ecstatic, your happiness drops like a rock. - About 1 point every 3 minutes. Maybe a little bit faster.

When in Joyous I havent measured it as such, but I think its slowed to about 1 tenth of that.

For practical purposes this means that if you sleep, work or take a break for 5 hours you drop from 99 ecstatic into joyous. - Then it breaks and if you sleep for say 3 hours more becuse you are one of those ridiculous people that sleep for 8 hours without playing DMK, you drop to the high 80s of joyous or the low 90s depending on the details and whether the 1/10 estimate above is accurate.

As for happy faces. These are a bit more complicated than they look.
In Ecstatic its simple. - You get 10 points for a happy face.

When you drop to joyous you get 1.something for a happy face (highest joyous). As in you get 1 and a bit for each happy face. (Theres a more accurate counter behind the visible one counting in probably at least a couple of decimals).

Now I havent let it drop far into joyous yet, so I dont know if its still the case, but I think it likely hasnt been changed, so - in the old system, the lower your happyness, the more you got for collecting a happy face. If I remember correctly, somewher in the lower 3rd of joyous you get 2 then 2+ and so on through the lower tiers so that you speed through most of the first tier then slow down rapidly then slow down more slowly. - Its a bit hard to pin point exactly what you get where as its not possible to see exactly what you add your happy face too (there are decimals)

So how do you counter this apart from spending elixir or never sleeping, working and having a life?

You actually can, but its important to grasp one thing:

WISHES NOW ONLY SPAWN WHEN THE GAME IS RUNNING. - Not sure if there is also some sort of activity requirement as in you have to click something once in a while, but putting my computer into sleep mode stops my wishes spawning dead.

Occasionally it will look like a wish or two has spawned overnight when you turn your computer and game back on, but I think this is merely a wish or two that spawned somewhere in your park and was overlooked, then when the game is reopened, all wishes and children and happy faces are teleported to the entrance so you discover them when you come back to the game.

So if you log in once an hour or a couple of times every 4 hours or something like that, THIS DOESNT WORK ANYMORE IF YOU CLOSE THE GAME AGAIN SHORTLY AFTER.

For wishes to be spawned the game need to be open. - I estimate that the spawn rate may well be as good as 1 wish every 20 minutes or so. This means that when you are online and stay online for hours, you can slowly push your happiness up and even fill it. - What you really need is a helping hand from the parade commercial and especially the chests. 

So the first wish should spawn inside 20 minutes of you opening the game. - But if you Check in on the game, play for 5 minutes, then close the game again and then come back in an hour to repeat, you probably get no wishes at all. - Not going to try it just to see if occasionally one shows up ;-)

For practical purposes you can gather enough if you pay attention to the game once in a while and keep it open, but usually it will fell like keeping the happiness drop at bay with the wishes - and a bit, occasionally raising it a bit before it drops again, and then boosting it when you get chests (or the parade commercial or the calendar happiness mingled stuff). Seeing as theres a max of 6 wishes now, you will also fail if you keep the game open but only play it once every 2 hours. - Even every 1 hour may be iffy as the wish cap will be hit after about 1 hour 20 minutes and for periods you will have several 1 hour wishes ongoing and perhaps a few that you cant grant yet because the character needed is on a 4, 6 or 8 hour job collecting something essential for the latest mini event that you now need to complete at high level in order not to fall behind in yeat another place.

So you can keep and boost your happiness. You can even re-raise it after a catastrophic drop.

It is however another GRIND; GRIND; GRIND massive online time, need to be addicted to the game to not go crazy and then still go crazy, a complete destruction of the game experience and a certainty that you will only get aggravation from this game where it used to be fun. - Or you can listen when that sneaky little Gameloft voice says - oh, go on. Pay a little elixir its easier. Go on, its so much easier.

And when you do, you are that much more in the right frame of mine, when the same voice whispers. - That impossible event, its actually possible if you shell out diamonds or better yet real money. Some of it is actually easy then and certainly possible. - Go on, you know you want to.
And of course you will run into a situation where you dont have the elixir you spent on keeping your happiness up that you now need for something else, but loe and behold, you can spend diamonds or real money on it in stead...

Southpark had it right with their take on freemium gaming. - It was Canadians in South Park, of course, but maybe it was French Canadians, eh---?
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less.