Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Maiadab

Google Play (Android)

Re: New Happiness Scale

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:05 pm
Anyone noticing an improvement today?  I'm actually getting wishes to grant and am able to keep my ecstatic around 40% - 60%.  I haven't been able to stay in ecstatic since the update.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:18 pm
It should really be possible unless you have a gitch.

It requires getting online and staying online and granting wishes as you get them. logging off puts a wrench in the wish comjure machine and it doesnt start up again untill you log in again.

Today, the legendary chest also helped for half a level (for me) even if it did little else for me. I suppose it could have given a full level of happiness and a char or a building. ;-)

So its possible to move up the happiness and stay up, but its one more grind and it tanks immediately if you sleep, work or have a life at some point or other.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:50 am
As if top happiness wasn't already impossible on the new scale, with the Battle Bots mini event running some chars are getting wishes just after they begin one of the defeat item collection tasks, which are now longer than previously. So this bottlenecks any wish-granting even further. But with lower happiness, those collection tasks are less successful as well.

None of this caused an issue before, when the happiness decay rate was reasonable.
no avatar

LinLizzy

Windows PC

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:03 am
Since the Battle Bot event startet, I managed to stay in estatic and up to now I received 2 visors. Goofy has a 1 houre task for them. So what excactly does the happiness improve? I am quite sure it has no impact on the drop rate.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 am
it is supposed to. though at rare level it might be harder to tell
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 am
Well I dropped into Joyous overnight, so my Battle Bot tasks only collected 1 visor out if 4 tasks and 1 gamepad out of 8 tasks, so I definitely think the lesser drop rate has had an effect.

They were never as easy as when the "snowgie" tasks used to be common rarity, but lowering everyone's happiness, which decreases the +%, can only make the game more frustrating & less rewarding.
no avatar

Brandon Bukovitz

Windows PC

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:06 am
Having now been a few weeks since the happiness update, I can honestly say that I've given this new system a fair chance before commenting on it.

Altogether, I think this is actually the most frustrating update Gameloft has released yet. Increasing token requirements for level ups was a bit annoying, but I can live with that. I know some players were bothered by the inconvenience of gathering happiness beforehand, but that didn't bothered me too much either. I usually did not need to worry about happiness, because there were always enough wishes to grant. Checking in 2-3 times a day was more than sufficient to keep the kingdom happy.

Now, it really bothers me going to sleep with FULL happiness and waking up 8 hours later with 96% on the previous tier. How can my happiness drop more than 100% in 8 hours? Wish granters also trickle in too slowly to reasonably keep up with happiness unless you log in every 2-4 hours. This means that wishes need to be granted almost immediately in order to stay in the top happiness tier. Consequently, there are many characters I now hesitate to send on long quests (ie, 6-12 hours) for fear that a wish granter may soon arrive and need to wait while my happiness drops precipitously fast. This ultimately limits the choices players have in sending characters on missions and decreases the "fun factor" of the game.

The alternatives are: 1) burn valuable elixers to stay in the top tier 2) become a vampire and never sleep. This game has gone from being a fun, casual game that I can log into daily and collect rewards to one that requires waking up in the midddle of the night.

Gameloft, if you are listening to players concerns, please change the happiness back to the old system. I think just about everyone was happier that way.
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:25 am
100% agree with you Brandon. 

There's also the huge problem that after sleeping and dropping a tier, there are no wishes generated during that idle time to try to claw back all that loss of happiness. I often keep 3 "cooked" gambling chests for use in the morning, yet unless one is gold they still don't get happiness back to compensate for the overnight loss.

So the whole day is then spent desperately trying to scrape back happiness, only for the whole thing to repeat its collapse the next night.

It's frustration and misery, the exact opposite of fun.

Remy_LeBeau

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 pm
It's official...this new happiness update is the STUPIDEST thing ever!!! In less than 10 days, I have gone from 100% joyous to absolutely ZERO happiness at all!!!

I barely get any wishes to grant aside from roller coaster riders, and when I get a character wish to grant, I only get 1 or 2. It is now IMPOSSIBLE to get any higher than 40-50% into the very first happiness level, making it 1000% harder to get things needed for character upgrades because of the low happiness level. My park might as well be EuroDisney at this point....or North Korea. Unhappiest Place on Earth. Grrrrrrrrr

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm
Remy_LeBeau wrote:
It's official...this new happiness update is the STUPIDEST thing ever!!! In less than 10 days, I have gone from 100% joyous to absolutely ZERO happiness at all!!!

I barely get any wishes to grant aside from roller coaster riders, and when I get a character wish to grant, I only get 1 or 2. It is now IMPOSSIBLE to get any higher than 40-50% into the very first happiness level, making it 1000% harder to get things needed for character upgrades because of the low happiness level. My park might as well be EuroDisney at this point....or North Korea. Unhappiest Place on Earth. Grrrrrrrrr

You mean Disneyland Paris that used to be EuroDisney? What's wrong with that?