Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Battle for the Animation Academy

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 pm
I gave up during the first day as well. Was sick and got very much nowhere as I went to work anyway and more or less passed out when I got home. - Have since caved and bought Tremaine. Im now through the most packed days of the period and the catch up begins. 

It will be some catch up though as Im only presently at 9 though I have a full 6 of the gamepads. - For some reason, the visor seems to avoid me for long periods.

Still, I count that as 12 and although I will have some hours outside and away from my computer helping my sister and visiting a friend, im aiming for 22-25 when we hit the day turn over tomorrow. - Yes, no indication anywhere as to why that should work so far, but I guess Im bi-polar. 

In any case, Im now having to be confident that I can swing enough diamonds back that I wont be handicapped too badly for the coming event. - But its a tower event. Yes it is. And Im a long term player with very nearly every available character that are probably nearly all going to be level 10 for the tower. - Yes indeed, what are you worried about. - Oh, I dont know. Maybe they will do a double event just to make it more difficult. They are bound to think of something. - Certainly not, you worry too much, old man.

I apologize for the rampant scizofrenia, but thats what its like inside my head.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 pm
Oh, and Goofy, a 1 hour job is not an excuse for being completely and utterly useless!
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 

linda131266

Windows PC

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 pm
I played long enough to get the chest, but all i got was happiness, magic, and a fence. so im just going to keep trying to get tokens gathered up so i will be ready for the coming tower challenge, i am only leveling up characters that are at level 9.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:40 pm
Not giving up, but the drop rates are completely atrocious thus far. How rare+10 % translates to 1 of each for 3 attempts at 1 and 4 attempts at the other... I dont know why I continue to be disappointed, but I am. Still seems like a glitch turns off the drop rates for some characters for random periods.

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:33 am
Oh, and Goofy, a 1 hour job is not an excuse for being completely and utterly useless!
tviorr

Tviorr, Hope you are feeling better- but this Battle with the Bots won't do it- at least not from what I see. The drop rates for me have gone from atrocious to ...well, I can't say it but it did get worse.
And I totally agree about Goofy. To show how desperate I became, I statrted using gems. I was in need of one visor for half the day. I sent Goofy out and paid 4 gems - nothing! Can it be any worse? Certainly!! I did it again and lost another 4 gems!! And Goofy's response "Let's do it again!"
Good luck to you and to all of us - we need it!
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:48 am
Yeah, that sort of goes along with what I was seeing. - 

I think I may have cracked a hint of a solution, though.

Went to talk to Goofy about it, suggesting that it might be an idea if was to show me at least 1 visor for the mini event. - Then he flipped me the bird and mooned me.

"Thats a bit rude, I thought to myself as I walked away musing aloud if it would be more effective to use him as axl grease for the fun wheel rather than letting him ride it all the time... and you know what, I think he heard me, cause the very next drop he came up with a visor for me.

Seeing as that worked rather well, I went to the castle sub basements and found one of the torture chambers Mickey uses to get the pitch right on the Jones Brothers voices and there are some interesting tidbits down there that might just come in handy if he acts up again...
no avatar

Littlebelle

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:02 am
What a waste of an event. From what I am reading on the Magic Kingdoms fan page I am not alone in my disgust for this event. I have been playing 18 hours a day and getting at most 7 a day. That is not going to make it at this pace. The controllers are not dropping. I am even trying to speed it up using gems. If this event was use to test how to get your loyal fan base beyond frustrated you have. This is not a fair event. Disgusted. I buy all your packages but this might just tip me from ever buying another one. At least make the event fair. You need to extend this event. Wasted too many gems as it is on this. Yes there are people who are getting the drops. Majority not. That is a huge problem. Played since day one. Getting bored and this instead of encouraging us to continuing playing is just pushing us to more of ah I will play later maybe never.
no avatar

BondGirl85

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:07 am
They made the drops so hard, I only have 14 and I have been doing this since the event had started. I have been paying it none stop. I doubt I will get the academy. How could they make the drop rate so poor? Lot of players have been frustrated they have either quit the event or are skipping it after hearing about the disapointment in it. I only started this event than leveling up my characters because they were offering that Big Hero 6 chest and I am missing the armor. I got a fence instead. Honestly, this event is not worth for me getting up at night to send their characters back to their 2 hr token quest.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 am
Littlebelle wrote:
What a waste of an event. From what I am reading on the Magic Kingdoms fan page I am not alone in my disgust for this event. I have been playing 18 hours a day and getting at most 7 a day. That is not going to make it at this pace. The controllers are not dropping. I am even trying to speed it up using gems. If this event was use to test how to get your loyal fan base beyond frustrated you have. This is not a fair event. Disgusted. I buy all your packages but this might just tip me from ever buying another one. At least make the event fair. You need to extend this event. Wasted too many gems as it is on this. Yes there are people who are getting the drops. Majority not. That is a huge problem. Played since day one. Getting bored and this instead of encouraging us to continuing playing is just pushing us to more of ah I will play later maybe never.

I was about to check the social media sites to see how mad people are. Should be some good reading. I've only collected 12 in 2 days and like many others the visors just don't drop. This is clearly designed for **** who want to blow a ton of gems on a building they won't even be able to fit in their park. You are literally more likely to place top 10 in this mini event than you are to get 45 bots and the animation studio.

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:10 am
In total desperation,
tired and crazed at 2 am with only about 3 bots down the whole day
and waiting for several hours for one blessed visor-
Once again, I threw gems away with no luck.
Again, for the third time I threw some gems at Goofy - this time half way through his quest. - NOTHING!!!
"That was fun. Let's do it again" he tells me.
"Let's NOT" I shouted back
'I'm Goofy - how about you"
"I'm Daffy- and I ain't no duck!
Tviorr- where is that underground chamber- he's going down!!!!0
Coug, There's a **** born every minute- and that's me.
Gems anyone- I'm throwing them away - catch them