Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Mark_Maddocks

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Battle for the Animation Academy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 pm
0 battlebots. 0 tokens. done with this game. uninstalled. bye gameloft. I'm off to play Paladins. At least they care about their players and even join in with us
Tale as old as time, True as it can be, Barely even friends, Then some body bends Unexpectedly.
no avatar

Carly_Foreback

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:56 pm
I was getting more visors and fewer controllers but visors just stopped dropping completely. Argh.

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 pm
Thanks one and all. I’m calmer now- realizing it’s only a game. What does not winning the Academy mean- I have the upcoming Tower challenge to frustrate me! Lol
Thank you Sunburnt- you always have a clearer vision of the game and computers than I. I have 16 bots and 164 on the leaderboard 101 through 500 get the same prize- so I’m coasting now!
Funny, I just played a round and got no visors or remotes. Then I looked for bots and couldn’t find any. I finally looked on the bottom for the battle bots screen- and it wasn’t there! I closed the game and restarted and there it was- still no remotes or visors. But at this point, I’m following Ohlas and relaxing. 
Sorry to hear Mark frustrated enough to leave- and I hope Gameloft reconsiders their change of course for DMK. 
Thank you everyone- one of the enjoyable things about DMK is sharing thoughts and strategies here- if we agree or not. 
And once again , in the words of the Cheshire Cat- 
“Have I gone mad? I’m afraid so. 
You are entirely bonkers,
but I will tell you a secret...
all the best people are.”
Have fun!

Eyorelizzie

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

North Pole

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 pm
The chest gave me a Baymax hat stand. Oh well. Can't get any remotes. Fairy godmother was useless gathering tokens. This event definitely WASN'T worth waiting for. 
Dread the tower challenge.

Enjoying "Best Fiends"...at least you continue from where you left off. Don't have to buy things to catch up like in this game!!
Boo to enchantment. Stupid stupid idea 

BlueDemon1

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:39 am
You know you've frustrated your users when you've caused Mark M to quit the game for the eighth time.

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:30 am
grumptwin wrote:
Funny, I just played a round and got no visors or remotes. Then I looked for bots and couldn’t find any. I finally looked on the bottom for the battle bots screen- and it wasn’t there! I closed the game and restarted and there it was- still no remotes or visors. But at this point, I’m following Ohlas and relaxing.

This happens to me quite often during mini-events. Roughly 1/5 of the time I load or reload, the countdown box disappears and any characters who might've collected tokens for the event come back empty. A game (not system) restart always fixes it - at least, I don't recall it happening twice in a row.

It's particularly frustrating when I do the large morning gathering before I notice, then I'm kicking myself for all the tokens missed (especially the golden trophy events). Aversion therapy means I'm getting better at checking the countdown timer is there before I do anything, but it stil caught me once on this event already :D

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 am
I mean what is this? Either this dude is cheating, extremely lucky, or blew a LOT of gems.

https://i.postimg.cc/MKdxprRY/AF7-F8-A68-3227-41-A0-A267-7-A84-A888-B9-B1.png
no avatar

BeardedWonder

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 am
First failed attempt at getting an item in this game, ever.
You know it’s hard when I have managed to put in the time to get Grumpy, Ariel’s Comfy Costume, Goofys pirate costume, any of it.

I’m sure the Animation Academy will be available somewhere down the line and I’ll have to be patient but I feel for players that haven’t been here since the beginning. The missed opportunities just keep building and building...but then again you eventually run out of room anyway so there is one thing that isn’t building(building buildings 🤫😉).

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:17 pm
I have given Up on this mini Event, I got to 10 at least , will try to get to 15 for 3rd chest, But I will say I am very happy that i finally got Scar from chest, and 12 Gems for finishing set, so that is at least something, :)

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 pm
Blue007 wrote:
I have given Up on this mini Event, I got to 10 at least , will try to get to 15 for 3rd chest, But I will say I am very happy that i finally got Scar from chest, and 12 Gems for finishing set, so that is at least something, :)

That's more than something. Congrants!  :P