Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Disney mad

Google Play (Android)

Re: Battle for the Animation Academy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:27 pm
What are Gameloft doing ? They should be encouraging people to play not discourage them, if we get rubbish in a chest, we won't buy again, if challenges are imposible we get bored and don't bother trying anymore, after the Christmas disappointment i at least thought they would give us a chance to achieve something in this bots challenge but no, like many others after playing 18 hours a day using all my 120 saved gems, i finally got the first chest and received a plant ūüė© soo boring
no avatar

pablo8019

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 pm
Having available only Pirate Mickey and Goofy (I've decided not to waste Cinderella's 8h) and not being able to play 24/7 I set rather minimalistic target for myself - 2 Bots. Three would be amazing :)

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:48 pm
Thinking out loud here just in case someone may benefit from it or understand what I am saying.
Goofy's drop rate is now unbelievably terrible for me. Even Mickey has stopped bringing home his quest item. The others are bringing more tokens for their group to be leveled than visors and remotes. so I'm wondering, at least in my case, that the drop rate stinks (wish I could say what I am thinking) because I leveled up Big Hero group just before this event. If I didn't, and they had all their tokens but not leveled up, would their tokens still be collected instead of the elusive visors and remotes? (I know as a recent change to policy,  tokens for some characters will be collected even beyond what is needed for the next level. I thought this was a positive change, but it could also be used to make the game more complicated ).
I also delayed getting the Lady Tremaine till yesterday. Did my delay hinder my drop rate?
I just put Drizelle in the 4 hour cooker. The Lady was next and I then noticed she will work soley for the remote instead of  remote and Drizella Ears. But when I went to check how much time she has to finish the quest, I clicked on the prize and now it is both the ears and remote that are possible prizes, if any! Somewhere someone warned about raising Drizella to level 2 or it would hinder the quest. I thought that meant to stop after welcoming her, but was it to keep her with all her tokens waiting to be welcomed so that her mom could work exclusively for remotes? ( I just saw it again- first in this thread by Tailmister! He did say do not welcome Drizella- I remembered it incorrectly!!!!! But thanks Tailmister for the great, accurate - and I have to say clear advice that you gave)
I made a few mistakes that hurt my drop rate. . But also, the drop rate for Goofy and Mickey and whoever else has quests solely for visor or remote are also in the can! The combination has created a stink-o-rama for me.
I feel I'm back in school again figuring out those crazy math problems that never made sense to me but did make me think and expanded my ability to comprehend.
In any case, I still don't know - and I think Coug said it before- we may never know what formula they use to guide this game. Or maybe they just are making it up as they go? Maybe we all are making it up as we go?
And for those just or newly starting this game without all the characters and buildings as I do, it is even more frustrating.
I'm looking for the fun - enjoyment- escape- and at least some sense of achievement.
The best to all!

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pm
Don't beat yourself up too much about it grump - nobody has leapt to the defence of this challenge, not even people who have everyone maxed out.

Leveling up the BH6 lot probably didn't help though - I think over 2/3 of my tokens have come from that lot.

Definitely leave Drizella parked - distracting Tremaine is not helpful. I got Drizella parked to 2 based on advice from this board but then kept sending her on quests which in turn opened up the welcome Anastasia bit and that means 1/3 of Tremaine's drops are useless crap for her now instead :D (Although I did get the last of the ears I needed, there's still 9 more hats to help Tremaine focus, and it'd take another week for that to happen).

Also, I think the idea that tokens come beyond what you need is strictly from chests, not from character quests - at least, it is for me.

It doesn't matter anyway - Coug's prediction was accurate - on my leaderboard there will be people in the top 10 who don't earn the Academy (#10 here has 26). I've been lucky enough to get 19 bots and I'm currently at #19.

Goofy and Mickey have been pretty useless, but no more so than anyone else ;)

Finally, I keep maxing out visors with not a controller in sight, dagnabbit. This is looking like the only mini-event I won't get the final prize since I started 6 months back even though I've never been in a better position to do it. It's ridiculous.

Too much frustration, not enough fun.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Don't bee too mad about this. Take the BH6-chest, ignore the gold chest as it is not worth a lot, and keep in mind that they will probably add the Animation Academy to future mini-events. Goofys pirate costume was also really hard at the first one - but somehow it was easier later. I bet the Academy is coming back and then it will be at least a little easier.
no avatar

Ohlas

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:39 pm
Yep to above!

Only have 14 never was going to get 45. Lol. I stopped really trying yesterday.

Lisa522

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:46 pm
I’ve gotten 22 and am #19 on my leaderboard
no avatar

Uncle-T

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:53 pm
I have only 23 bots defeated and I have been doing the event from the beginning. And to top it off I have every building needed and character needed, except Chip, and all of them are level 10 with exception of Lady Tremaine. There is no way for me to get 45 unless the drop rates somehow improve, which I doubt.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:14 pm
I stopped trying hard after day 2 - knew that there was no way to get to 15, let alone 45.  And for the comment about reinstalling - that did not work for me.  I got a new phone yesterday, resulting in the downloading of the game onto the new phone - not a single visor has dropped since.  I'd say it is even worse drop rates.

And for my chest - I received a piece of fence.  Annoying, but I suppose it is bound to happen now and again.  I usually get buildings in the chests, but only needed San Fransokio City this time.  I would have been happy with a concession stand this time, as I didn't have any of them.
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:00 pm
Hmmm. What was it I was aiming for 22-25 by 6 hours ago to do a mad run for the last half or so...

6 hours past the mark Im at 17 and a double gamepad which Im choosing to count as 1 more just cause Im a damn ****.

Silly thing is that with a mad mad dash for the remainder of the period, I can easily make enough chances to push me way past a possible 45 count. - Im even thinking that even though I have work during the first part of the last day where Id be able to break up my break and do up to about 3 collects  during work and only lose about 1 shift run... Im thinking that if I could count on 2/3s drop rate, Id still have a chance. 

When Im dropping 1/3 on a good run though and much of the time 1/4 or 1/5.... No chance, and probably no chance even if I hadnt missed more or less a days worth during the first 3 days and bought Tremaine a day and a half late....

Even counting all that, Im only shy Freds 2 hour job for the gamepads and only shy a 2 hour and 4 hour job (San Fran Sokio City and Wasabi in San Fran Sokio city.... BY THE WAY WHY DOES IT COST 2 JOBS NOT TO HAVE 1 EVENT VIP BUILDING. THATS JUST EVIL. WHO THOUGHT THAT PIECE OF MASTERY PLANNING UP ....

That should be, should be, should really really be enough to get to the final step on a 5 day event with nice online time.

So if you cant make Rare drop+extatic into 2/3 average drop rate or at the very least 60%+, then the DECENT THING IS TO MAKE THE DROPS UNCOMMON INSTEAD SO PEOPLE DONT HAVE HYSTERICAL MELTDOWNS FROM ATTEMPTING THE NIGH IMPOSSIBLE.

YOU CANT SERIOUSLY EXPECT PEOPLE TO PLAY 5 DAYS STRAIGHT, SO SETTING THE BAR THERE MANAGED TO MAKE ME INVEST IN DIAMONDS AND MANY OTHERS TRY THEIR CHANCES SENDING DIAMONDS AFTER THEIR LUDICROUS DROP RATES. YOU CANT BE SO DIAMOND HUNGRY THAT YOU WANT TO **** OFF 95% OF YOUR PLAYERS, OR CAN YOU?

ITS NOT OKAY.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less.