Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Tatkresiwok

Windows PC

Re: Battle for the Animation Academy

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 am
. I have managed 2 game remotes since the start. But nothing since. Plenty of visors
The leaders on my board both have 45 & 44. I have only managed to get 2 to get on the leader board.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:31 am
Kerry1968 wrote:
I finally battled my first bot and made it to the leader board #1 has 45. How is that even possible?

Players can spend gems to get that high that fast.

4 gems per visor chance for goofy
8 gems per remote chance if you have a 2 hour character.  Otherwise, 16 gems for Mickey.

If you were to buy the tokens directly, it will be 30 gems per missing token.

Guess the person at #1 just wanted it that badly.  Hope they enjoy it.  Hope one of them tells the wiki or us how much xp, magic, tokens, and amount of space it occupies.

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:54 am
I started late but I’m trying my best.. My problem is that when I don’t have enough remotes and visors- bots are all over the place. When I finally get the set- bots are hiding under bridges and behind buildings! And Honey Lemon keeps bringing home yellow ears-
“Honey-I said remotes!!!””
Like talking to myself!!!
The best to all!
no avatar

Disney-Dgi

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 am
If this ran for weeks it might be do-able, but with rare drop chances on 2 - 8 hour tasks and needing 45 tokens in 4 days it's effectively impossible. I've only got 2 so far,  most on my leaderboard are 1 - 7 except the top two with 45 & 46!

I think GL really want to shove that Animation Academy into a paid gambling chest as soon as possible, so it's really just offered here to taunt us. 😒
no avatar

Rosey100111

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 am
I agree sent all the available characters for the remote and so far have not even had one. No chance to get the building at this rate. The visors are dropping a bit for me. 😳🙄

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 am
With 5 caught, I'm #8 on my board and I'm not exactly safely on track to get the Academy. I don't really care about the leaderboard, but usually these events run the other way - it's a struggle to stay highly placed but with just plugging away you can rank fairly high (at least, on my leaderboard).

In the last few events for me (I'm only 6 months in), I'd get the last item of the Event Rewards 2 or 3 days in. This time I'm not sure I'll make it, even though I've got more helpers than I've had before. Yet, somehow, I'm still top 10.

Seems like a serious balance issue on this one. Personally - I'm drowning in visors and struggling for controllers.

Still, good luck all - hopefully odds improve on the tail end and we at least get the Academy :) .
no avatar

Tatkresiwok

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 am
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game this morning. Drop rate has got much better. I now have 7 which makes me 45th on the leader board.

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 am
I've tried the reinstall option - too early to see if it helps, but hopefully it does - thanks for the tip Tatkresiwok, fingers crossed.

I just wanted to warn other Windows users that after uninstalling/reinstalling, you'll get the original intro video - don't panic - after it plays, the game goes through the usual loading stuff and you'll be back to where you left it. You're not going back to the start in spite of appearances.

Only posted this because it freaked me out a bit and I was scared I'd lost all my progress :) But all ok now it's loaded. I'll let you know in the next 24 hours if it's actually helped with drop rates or if Tat just got RNG lucky :)

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:36 pm
grumptwin wrote:
bots are all over the place. When I finally get the set- bots are hiding under bridges and behind buildings!

Agreed. Even though the bots are bigger than the blue crabs, they're still annoying to find. Put 'em on the quest list for freaks sake. Getting the tokens is annoying enough, don't make us hunt for 'em.

PS - as usual, good luck all :)
no avatar

mesaboy2

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:59 pm
I’m getting tokens fine, but not fast enough for 90 each in 5 days’ time.  Don’t see me getting that one.