Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

rescueofme

Apple (iOS)

Re: Wreck it Ralph progression thread

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:17 pm
Looks like I won’t be getting Vanellope...that’s disappointing. 

I get that Gameloft has to make money. I’ve been playing the game since it was released, with only a few month hiatus, so I have almost all of the characters. I’m  also the type of player who purchases the premium characters/buildings /floats in the events, and have been able to acquire all characters in events I have played in the past. I think that’s reasonable. That if you pay the money to get the premium content, it should be reasonably possible to complete the whole event without having to stay up all night for weeks on end. I am a player who is able to log in on average of 4 or 5 times per day (sometimes more), and even still I haven’t been able to welcome Vanellope. I don’t care much about Ariel’s comfy outfit, but I really would have liked to complete the Wreck it Ralph character sets. Oh well.... 🙁
no avatar

Mina06

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:52 pm
I thought I had a chance to finish this event. I don’t know how some people have managed to do it. I spent way too much time on this one and was way ahead of the “timer” and having fun too until Yess was unlocked and it took me way too long to get her welcomed, it all went downhill from there on the token drops. I’m frustrated because once again I came short of Ariel’s costume 1 hr 22 mins to go and still need 4 legendary fabrics :( oh well that’s ok, just really wanted her comfy outfit with out paying more. Glad to see others were able to finish 😊
no avatar

jhart05

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:51 pm
rescueofme wrote:
Looks like I won’t be getting Vanellope...that’s disappointing. 

I get that Gameloft has to make money. I’ve been playing the game since it was released, with only a few month hiatus, so I have almost all of the characters. I’m  also the type of player who purchases the premium characters/buildings /floats in the events, and have been able to acquire all characters in events I have played in the past. I think that’s reasonable. That if you pay the money to get the premium content, it should be reasonably possible to complete the whole event without having to stay up all night for weeks on end. I am a player who is able to log in on average of 4 or 5 times per day (sometimes more), and even still I haven’t been able to welcome Vanellope. I don’t care much about Ariel’s comfy outfit, but I really would have liked to complete the Wreck it Ralph character sets. Oh well.... 🙁

That right there.

I tested it this time.  Got Calhoun with free gems I've saved up.  Didn't have enough for Felix.
I barely got Vanellope with one day to spare.  No chance at Arel's outfit of course.
I was able to log in at least 6 to 7 times a day.  A lot of days I checked in hourly.
They have obviously set up the game as a pay to play and taken the fun out of it.  Sad.
And I should mention the 3 days wasted, waiting for Act 2 to start and the 2 days wasted waiting for Act 3 to start.
no avatar

jhart05

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:54 pm
Rocketmanbob wrote:
 It has truly got me considering whether it might be time to uninstall this one.

Yep, think it's time to move on.
The frustrating drop rates and "pay to win" have taken all the fun out of this.
no avatar

Donalyn

Windows PC

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:22 am
I see that post-event, the wifi needs have adjusted to be in line with Big Hero 6 and TLM rates. I was trying to figure out why Ralph was no longer ready to upgrade - that this is why.
no avatar

jobrro

Google Play (Android)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:47 am
Donalyn wrote:
I see that post-event, the wifi needs have adjusted to be in line with Big Hero 6 and TLM rates. I was trying to figure out why Ralph was no longer ready to upgrade - that this is why.

Really not happy with this. I thought we were through with these obscene amounts of common tokens. It's far far far too much busy work. Ugh.
no avatar

pablo8019

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:45 pm
As for me, I'd be happy to see Wi-Fi tokens (required to upgrade Ralph) to be collectible from any other place/character, that is still available. For now, missing tokens are available only from Niceland which is unfortunately not. And poor Ralph (Level 1) is still wandering around having Quick Snacks, again and again... Sad thing.

Lisa522

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 am
As for me, I'd be happy to see Wi-Fi tokens (required to upgrade Ralph) to be collectible from any other place/character, that is still available. For now, missing tokens are available only from Niceland which is unfortunately not. And poor Ralph (Level 1) is still wandering around having Quick Snacks, again and again... Sad thing.

After the WIR event, I literally put away ALL WIR attractions and all characters were still able to collect wifi on one hour tasks.  I eventually brought out Buzztube again, which is a very small attraction, and that gave about 5 WIR characters the chance to collect other tokens, including Vanellope’s.  

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 pm
Lisa522 wrote:
After the WIR event, I literally put away ALL WIR attractions and all characters were still able to collect wifi on one hour tasks.  

False; Ralph's 1-hour wifi-earning task requires the The Internet attraction.
no avatar

pablo8019

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:07 pm
After the WIR event, I literally put away ALL WIR attractions and all characters were still able to collect wifi on one hour tasks.  

Is such demolition revertable - I mean if I will be able to bring back such attraction after its deletion? If not, I'm afraid I will not risk putting away Princess Dressing Hall (the only WIR attraction I have) to see if Wifi tokens will return... Kids would have killed me if we wouldn't be able to bring it back ;)