Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

Tatkresiwok

Windows PC

Re: Wreck it Ralph progression thread

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:23 am
Final post for this event.
I was lucky to have all the chars at lvl 10 before the start of the event except Ariel. So I leveled her up from 8 to 10 in the first few days.
All comfy costumes. 
Ralph is now lvl 9
Vanellope lvl 6
Fix~it lvl 8
Calhoun lvl 8
Spamley lvl 8
Yess lvl 7
Shank lvl 8
EC 125000
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a great holiday :-)

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:31 am
This event has thrown me into heavy duty cycle with hot water, then tossed me into the full spin high heat no mercy dryer- in short, i’m washed out!! And I’m still not done. 18 hours and just one more comfy- since Sunday with everything - every character, premium building and plenty of time. But there is no mercy till the bitter end. I wish I could say what I was thinking, but not even I want to hear that language. ( remember Grump this is fun!!). 
I’m gonna get that one zippa de do da fabric and send it to the moon with those
comfy princesses sitting there and doing
nothing 
And if Malicifent comes out after this and wants a tower challenge- I’ll go in there myself and her horned hat will be her throne! 
Grump ain’t afraid of no toon! :D
and oo
Merry Christmas everyone.

PurpleMiser

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:35 am
15 hours and still need 2 comfy fabrics! Freaking out a little, not gonna lie. Lol.

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:26 am
Good luck grumptwin, PurpleMiser and everyone else so close to getting to the end (or getting a character) - I think we're all rooting for you.

Grump - remember - this is fun :P

And star_ranger - don't fork with me, I've already got a dinglehopper ;)

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:01 am
10 hours and only one short here. and no nails left!!!
no avatar

Pegazus

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:30 am
Finally managed to welcome Vanellope, but I've only got Sebastian, Flounder, and King Triton from TLM, so with roughly eight hours to go, Ariel's ears won't be happening. Not enough gems to skip the requirements (204 short). Maybe if the RNG is super nice, I can manage most of the bags and maybe have a reasonable chance of a gems skip.

But not holding my breath.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:49 pm
I can finally start collecting those virus-fragments.
no avatar

Lorz

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm
6 hours to go and I still need 6 glitchy fabrics and 7 comfies for Ariel which is physically impossible. Does anyone know what will happen to the fabrics that I already collected during this event?  Will they just be lost?

PurpleMiser

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:38 pm
Five hours to go and still need 2 comfy fabrics. That’s enough time for the princesses one more time and Felix twice without gemming out of the tasks! *gulp* This is going to be a close one folks!

Update: 3 hours to go and need one more! Felix turned up empty, so holding out for the princesses. The one I got came from the princess attraction, which I forgot about in my prior post.

Final update: Belle came in with final token needed with 1 hr and half to go. Just enough time to welcome the costume. Whew. Excuse me as I wipe the sweat from my brow. Hahaha.

Rocketmanbob

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm
People need to make a living. I don't begrudge the people at GL needing to find ways to monetize this event, it's their jobs, after all, to do what their bosses say.  Having said that, I found this event to be annoyingly long and excruciatingly complex.

Perhaps my intolerance of this event in particular is driven my my "meh" attitude towards the choice of content. Though this "franchise" has been recycled through the theater recently, in the form of a sequel, I am not a fan. Wreck-it-Ralph comes from a sort of dark age of Disney content, in my own humble opinion, which is proabably part of why I found the event to be every bit as tedious as these movies.

I also think that the whole comfy outfit thing is kind of crazy. I mean, if they wanted to make that parallel, permanent content, I would understand. But making getting the final character of the event contingent on getting several of the comfy outfits was unpleasant. Now, that had as much to with the almighty RNG and the miserly drop rates as anything else. It's just my opinion that it was a contrivance that could have been permanent content, instead of something which we'll now only see in their infamous chests.

Honestly? Overall I give this a rather low score. I'd have not even bothered with it at all, except for the reality that we all know that whatever is next down the pike will be heavily dependent on the characters from this prior event.  I just hope that they don't make all the comfy outfits part  of that usual practice. But it occurred to me that games are supposed to be enjoyable. (I know, "Duh Bob..."  lol  :D   ) And the reality that sitting out of one event can have a far reaching ripple effect which will hamper a player in future events, unless, you know, they spend a load of cash, kind of saps the fun out of it for me.  It has truly got me considering whether it might be time to uninstall this one.

Congratulations to all the folks who finished. I am especially happy if you found it an enjoyable pursuit.