Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Wreck it Ralph progression thread

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:11 pm
Thanks Sunburnt! and Congratulations!
This challenge takes fortitude- if not a hard head to keep doing the same thing, seeing little or no progress and waiting for better results. If my preent rate continues, I'll get the last virus fragment the day after the event ends!!!
This hard head will keep trying!
And to everyone: Wreck, Wreck Wreck!!!

rissarex

Apple (iOS)

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:43 pm
Sunburnt, well I have Cinderella and Charming, but I never progressed much farther in their storyline because of the event. I'm at 32 days played right now. But since she was such an integral part of the event from the beginning and has always had EC quests (same with Charming), I just left them alone.

I did have Toy Story characters on and off doing nonevent stuff because I ran out of space with all the Frozen, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast stuff from chests in addition to WIR buildings and normal stuff.

Its been a face smash of a welcome into the game lol.

Does anyone know who collects Ariel tokens? That's my only real goal. I was hoping for TLM chests but since the TLM event wasn't that long ago... :( So I'm mainly just worried about being able to actually get Ariel at all.

12/15 virus fragments so I think that'l probably happen today. (Thanks for the tip that they all stop btw, that's relieving)
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:51 pm
db91884 wrote:
so I had thought about leveling characters up behind what they need to be leveled. Typically during events I will only level up as far as I have to so that I have enough event currency. in this event I now am working on getting Ariel's costume and I know that's cost $15,000 event currency. Is it better than to use event currency to keep leveling characters or save it for the conversion at the end? I never get to the 80,000 mark but when you level characters you get gems. I don't have the time to actually figure out mathematically what's better but I was wondering if anybody else has done that. but I was wondering if anybody else has done that.

If it's just about the total amount of gems then it's better to save the gems - and level the characters after the event. If you want the gems fast you can level them now - but maybe you have also other characters you could level instead.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:32 pm
rissarex wrote:
Sunburnt, well I have Cinderella and Charming, but I never progressed much farther in their storyline because of the event. I'm at 32 days played right now. But since she was such an integral part of the event from the beginning and has always had EC quests (same with Charming), I just left them alone.

I did have Toy Story characters on and off doing nonevent stuff because I ran out of space with all the Frozen, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast stuff from chests in addition to WIR buildings and normal stuff.

Its been a face smash of a welcome into the game lol.

Does anyone know who collects Ariel tokens? That's my only real goal. I was hoping for TLM chests but since the TLM event wasn't that long ago... :( So I'm mainly just worried about being able to actually get Ariel at all.

12/15 virus fragments so I think that'l probably happen today. (Thanks for the tip that they all stop btw, that's relieving)

If the wiki is to be believed, aside from The little mermaid characters only Jasmine and Belle in their comfy outfits collect Ariel's tokens. Can't really remember how it was like during the event.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:28 am
Since I now have All of the Wreck it Ralph Characters as well as the other items for that set except of course the 3rd arcade decoration you could say that I am finished with the Event,  I will count the Comfy outfits on My Thread I did earlier, So I will put there what I am doing as far as My Last Comfy outfit, Good luck to Everyone who is still working on this Event , I hope you all are able to finish your sets,  and I am so over & done with this Event for real, yup.:)

grumptwin

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:01 pm
Stayed up past my bedtime last night but finally got 15 virus Fragments to welcome Vanellope. It was stuck at 12 all day, but suddenly they appeared. Ralph and Flex got #13. I stayed up for 30 minutes for Calhoun but she came home empty handed. Another 30 minutes for Yesss/Shank and they brought #14. I didn't want to jinx it with gems so I waited  for these. but now it was nearly 1 am with another 30 minutes for Spamley, and I was tired! I think it was 4 gems so I paid it expecting nothing -and he brought the 15th patch!! Vanellope goes to cook for an hour and I lie peacefully asleep!
In the morning I remind myself- short quests since I am not sure who can help with Ariel's comfy or if there is a tower challenge. (There are still virus balls running amock and Magnificent never seems to give up). One happy note, one character was on a general outing (no token quest) but did bring one of Vaneloppe's tokens back. I didn't have to resend him/her on the quest.
Happy wrecking from one wrecked but happy wrecker!!

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:47 pm
Congratulations grump - not sure whether I'm congratulating you for getting Vanellope or for staying up late, but either way - kudos :)

Good luck all in the last few days of this event - for staying up late or for getting to the end - either way, all good :D

PS - drop rates for me on the Ariel fabric are awful - 10/15 glitchy, 1/10 scaly - care factor low for the outfit though. Best of luck on getting Vanellope (or other princesses you're aiming for) to one and all.

gravel

Apple (iOS)

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:35 pm
I went an entire day without getting any virus fragments for Vanellope.  Hopefully I finish her today, then on to Ariel.

Alexandra Golden

Apple (iOS)

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:33 pm
I am at 12/15 fragments and then I heard that the Ariel fabrics are Legendary, which usually means LONG TIME TO COLLECT.  I've pretty much given up on getting her comfy outfit, but time will tell.  Maybe they will put the fabrics in Merlin's shop.  I know that I have enough to buy the Toy Story Mania, but as I have no land, I can't purchase it, because I don't think putting things in storage is helpful.  There are 5 plots of land around Big Thunder Rail Road and 7 plots of land that are all greyed out from when they opened up all that space for the Priates update they did a while back.  

I am glad that other people will hopefully be able to get the princesses they might be missing though.  that part of the even was nice I thought.

PurpleMiser

Apple (iOS)

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:43 pm
I am glad I am not the only one still working on Virus blocks. I have 7/15 and am not able to collect Ralph and Felix every 2 hours, but I do appreciate that the time is shorter. It gives me some hope. Lol. I don’t think I will get the Ariel costume, but who knows? I will try until it’s over. 😊