Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: New backlog thread

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 am
Romina Goldie wrote:
I have finally collected all the tokens for welcoming Flora, Zurg and Toy Alien but will hold off on getting them for now and will spend the next couple of weeks leveling up/maxing out all the other characters instead. I’m especially eager to max out the PatF characters, Elastigirl, Mulan, Cogsworth, Caterpillar, Aladdin and Jasmine, the Tremaine sisters and the Tangled characters. Not an easy task at all but it needs to be done. After this, I can spend a whole bunch of potions on Minnie’s and Pete’s classic costumes.

You might want to rethink that a little Romina.

During a TC, characters can only be sent out once per day unless you have some Cocoa to refresh them. There will no doubt be times that you don't have enough Cocoa, or you're saving it for higher leveled characters in other groups so there will likely come a time when a whole group is exhausted and unable to be sent out.

If that's the case, you'll (probably) be wishing you had some of those characters as even level 1 characters can earn you points in a TC. Also, if I remember correctly, a level 7 character plus a level 1 character will earn more than a level 8 character on their own. (The formula was something like x+(level*y), I forget the numbers for x and y, but I think it was in the 25-35 range).

It seems likely Flora will be in a group (since she's getting balanced). The Toy Alien has often featured before too. Zurg was in the last TC too, so I'd give him a roughly even chance of being in the next one.

I don't remember the welcoming time for those new characters, so if you can level other current characters up twice in that time, it might be worth sticking to your plan, but I'd expect it's worth getting the new ones just so you have more characters to send in a 24-hour period.

Personally, I'm spending the next week maxing out the balancing characters - B&B, Sleeping Beauty & Cinderella. Of the ones I don't have maxed, the Princes (plus Gaston) seem to be the most effected group. The Tremaines and Flora are lowest as they have the least token changes and won't be as annoying to leave behind when I inevitably run out of time before the update. After that, I've got a couple of groups I could do with a 10 in so I'll try to fit them in before the TC.

I'm going to hold off on a character update post here until then - good luck all, it's a tricky tightrope time :)

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:22 am
Sunburnt Penguin wrote:
Personally, I'm spending the next week maxing out the balancing characters - B&B, Sleeping Beauty & Cinderella. Of the ones I don't have maxed, the Princes (plus Gaston) seem to be the most effected group. The Tremaines and Flora are lowest as they have the least token changes and won't be as annoying to leave behind when I inevitably run out of time before the update. After that, I've got a couple of groups I could do with a 10 in so I'll try to fit them in before the TC.

Wait, what? Has it already been established that a tower challenge is coming next? I'd really hate it if every other update now includes a tc. I'm still recovering from the horrid Cri-Kee event. And seriously, I think the only previous event character collection that "needs" adding to, is NBC, as The Mayor is by himself on the second page. And the only suitable characters would be Lock, Shock and Barrel.
I hope they'll focuse more on creating new collections than bringing in the less important characters of the existing collections.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 am
TinkerAllTheWay wrote:
Sunburnt Penguin wrote:

Wait, what? Has it already been established that a tower challenge is coming next? I'd really hate it if every other update now includes a tc. I'm still recovering from the horrid Cri-Kee event. And seriously, I think the only previous event character collection that "needs" adding to, is NBC, as The Mayor is by himself on the second page. And the only suitable characters would be Lock, Shock and Barrel.
I hope they'll focuse more on creating new collections than bringing in the less important characters of the existing collections.

while it is not OFFIcial, Tink, I will agree with SP that the most probable thing we will hear announced when Marc Andre feels confident enough to face us again is to announce a new tower challenge, with or without permanet content.  I can only wish upon a star that the permanent content,  based on my... oh, what, 18 months?  ANYWAY, we ARE due, based on my numbers, for at least SOME Perma Con, which also, for the record, DOES include some new land (but never enough to fill our needs) .  this, based on my 'game plot sense'  (by all means, ignore it, everyone bloody ELSE does) means the NEXT Limited TIME event WILL be another tower challenge, with or without perma content (probaboly anchored to the live action dumbo movie that is due out soon)
no avatar

Gracelinda

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:46 pm
We really need more land.  This is a big snag in the game. I play Tapped out Simpsons that has tons of land and is very similar to this game.  I do not buy the limited concession stands anymore because I do not have enough space for all my buildings.  Also, would be nice if the characters could still go on the quests assigned to a particular building as long as you owned the building.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:46 am
*Pant*  *Pant*  After four and a half months of constant work... The Mayor is finally ready to Level up to 10.  Once Ralph finishes his 2 hour level up, the Mayor is next.  That was certainly the longest non-story character that I finished, and I never spent any elixer whatsoever.  I'd rather save it for attractions and concessions.

The Mayor - 9 (Ready for 10)
Eudora - 8
Naveen - 8
Cri-Kee - 7
Mama Odie - 6
Tiana - 6
Ralph - Leveling up to 6
Charolette - 5
Facilier - 3
no avatar

Ohlas

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:03 am
Maxed- 161 out of 172

Level 9
Prince Naveene
Cri-kee

Level 7
Charlotte La Bouff
Mamma Odie
Louis
Ringmaster

Level 6
Princess Tiana

Level 5
Timothy Q Mouse

Level 4
Doctor Facilier

Level 2
Lefou

Level 1
Dumbo (still getting tokens)

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:41 am
I splashed out on some chest bundles today and got the Lion King set - apart from Shere Khan, Dumbo & Timothy Q Mouse that completes my collection - now I've just got to level from here until the end of time :D

I've started adding up levels for groups - it helps me see which ones to focus on. Seems to have helped me work on the weaker groups a bit better.

So;
Disney Classic 86/90 - Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald 10. Daisy, Pete, Chip & Dale 9
Toy Story 91/100 - Rex, Jessie, Bullseye 10. Buzz, Woody, Bo Peep, Zurg, Sarge & Hamm 9, Toy Alien 7
Cinderella 52/60 - Cinderella & Prince Charming 10, Fairy Godmother 9,Drizella & Lady Tremaine 8, Anastasia 7
Peter Pan 46/60 - Tinkerbell & Captain Hook 9, Wendy mid 9, Peter Pan low 8, John 6, Michael high 5
PotC 55/60 - Elizabeth & Tia 10, Will, Barbossa & Davey Jones 9, Jack 8
Monsters Inc 55/60 - Mike 10, others 9
Wall-E 19/20 - EVE 10, WALL-E 9
Tangled 36/40 - All 9
Sleeping Beauty 48/50 - Phillip, Aurora & Fauna 10, Flora 9, Merryweather mid 9 (17 ears left, and wow - hasn't that turned into a grind since the last "balancing"? ;) )
Zootopia 36/40 - All 9
Bambi 25/30 - Thumper 9, Flower 8, Bambi low 8
Jungle Book 29/50 - Louie low 9. Mowgli & Bagheera 7, Baloo 6, Shere Khan ready to welcome (probably coming soon, he's been on hold for quite a while now)
Dumbo 5/30 - Ringmaster low 5, Timothy needs 4 ears and 10 feathers to welcome, Dumbo waiting for permission to land
Incredibles 64/70 - Mrs Incredible 10. Mr Incredible, Jack Jack, Syndrome, Dash, Frozone & Violet 9
Nightmare Before Christmas 39/50 - Sally 9, Zero 8, Mayor low 8, Jack & Oogie Boogie 7
Frozen 53/60 - Sven 10, Anna & Olaf 9, Elsa & Kristoff low 9, Hans 7
Mulan 30/40 - Li Shang 9, Mulan 8, Mushu 7, Cri-Kee high 6
Beauty & the Beast - ****/80 Belle, Beast, Gaston & Mrs Potts 10, Lumiere, Cogsworth & Chip 9, LeFou 2
Lion King 8/70 - Pumba 2, the rest 1
Aladdin 55/70 - Jasmine & Iago 9, Abu & Genie 8, Aladdin, Jafar & Carpet 7
Alice 57/70 - Mad Hatter 10, Alice  high 9, Cheshire Cat & Caterpillar 8, Queen of Hearts mid 8, the rabbits at 7
Snow White ****/90 - Snow White & Grumpy 9, The Queen & Dopey 8, rest at 7
Winnie the Pooh 62/80 - Eeyore 9, Tigger & Christopher Robin 8, others all 7
Lilo & Stitch 56/70 - Nani 10, Lilo, Stitch, Angel & Pleakley 8, Jumba & Cobra Bubbles 7
Big Hero 6 60/70 - Baymax 10, Hiro & Honey Lemon 9, rest are 8
TLM 56/70 - Ariel, Sebastian & Ursula at 9, Eric 8, Triton, Flounder & Scuttle 7
Wreck it Ralph 49/70 All 7
PatF 45/70 Naveen 7, Louis mid 7, Mama Odie low 7, Eudora, Tiana & Charlotte 6, Dr Facilier mid 6

Trying to focus on groups I think might be modified in the next balancing update, but now a lot of it is time management - like who's at level 8 at bedtime?
no avatar

Ohlas

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm
Maxed- 168 out of 179

Level 9
Lefou

Level 8
Princess Tiana

Level 7
Doctor Facilier
Sina

Level 6
Dumbo

Level 5
Chief tui
Pua

Level 4
Moana
Maui
Hei hei
Grandma tala
no avatar

Nightlock

Google Play (Android)

Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 am
It's been a while since I updated this:

Level 9 (leveling to 10): Vanellope
Level 9 (-> 10): Fix-It Felix Jr, Calhoun, Spamley, Yess
Level 9: Cri-Kee, Tiana
Level 8: Drizella Tremaine, LeFou
Level 7 (-> 8): Anastasia Tremaine, Lady Tremaine, Prince Naveen, Eudora, Charlotte La Bouff, Louis, Mama Odie
Level 6 (-> 7): The Ringmaster, Timothy Q. Mouse, Dr. Facilier, Sina, Chief Tui
Level 6: Dumbo
Level 5: Moana
Level 4 (-> 5): Gramma Tala, Pua
Level 3 (-> 4): Maui
Level 2 (-> 3): Hei Hei

I'm working on tokens for six characters, with an emphasis on getting Tiana and Moana up to the levels they need to visibly use the comfy costumes.  Hopefully, they will add or change a quest to allow Vanellope to also be visible in the Princess Dressing Room.

Spring_Sprite

Google Play (Android)

Thu May 16, 2019 11:43 pm
166/179 Maxed

Level 9:
LeFou
Charlotte
Dr. Facilier
Louis
Mama Odie

Level 8: