Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

New backlog thread

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:28 am
So rather than bring up the old thread I decided to make a new one about the backlog progress of the players. Feel free to add.

So here's where I stand right now:

Maxed out: Cinderella, Goofy, Jessie, Merlin, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Prince Charming, Sarge, Tinker Bell, Woody

Level 9: Anna, Violet

Level 8: Beast, Bo Peep, Buzz Lightyear, Caterpillar, Cogsworth, Daisy Duck, Doc, Elastigirl, EVE, Hamm, Happy, Judy Hopps, Li Shang, Lumière, Mike Wazowski, Minnie Mouse, Mrs. Potts, Mushu, Nick Wilde, Pete, Sulley, Sven, Timon, WALL-E

Level 7: Abu, Aurora, Belle, Bullseye, Celia Mae, Chip, Chip (Potts), Donald Duck, Elsa, Iago, Jack Skellington, Mr. Incredible, Mulan, Nala, Pumbaa, Rabbit, Randall Boggs, Roz, Simba, Tigger, Zazu, Zero

Level 6: Aladdin, Alice, Carpet, Cheshire Cat, Cobra Bubbles, Dale, Dash, Dopey, Eeyore, Elizabeth Swann, Flash, Flynn, Frozone, Gaston, Genie, Grumpy, Hans, Honey Lemon, Jack Sparrow, Jafar, Jasmine, Kristoff, Mad Hatter, March Hare, Nani, Olaf, Oogie Boogie, Rafiki, Rapunzel, Sally, Scar, Sleepy, The Queen, White Rabbit, Will Turner

Level 5: Angel, Bashful, Boo, Fairy Godmother, Fauna, Flora, Hiro, Jumba, Kanga, Lilo, Maximus, Merryweather, Piglet, Queen of Hearts, Rex, Sneezy, Snow White, Toy Alien, Wasabi, Zurg, 

Level 4: Chief Bogo, Fred, Jack-Jack, King Louie, Mother Gothel, Mowgli, Pleakley, Prince Phillip, Roo, Stitch, Syndrome, Winnie the Pooh, Yokai

Level 3: Bagheera, Baymax, Flower, Go Go, Thumper

Level 2: Bambi, Christopher Robin

Characters I don't have yet: Baloo, Captain Barbossa (11 ears hats to go), Captain Hook, Davy Jones, John Darling, Michael Darling, Peter Pan, Shere Khan, Tia Dalma, Wendy

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: New backlog thread

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 am
And the costumes I don't have: Captain's coat Jack Sparrow (missing only pirate fabric), Elastigirl costume, Elsa holiday, Honey day Winnie the Pooh, Lunar Minnie, Pirate Donald, Pirate Goofy, Tuxedo Mickey

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:56 pm
What was wrong with the old backlog thread? It had legacy.

Anyway, I have all available characters maxed out except :
Level 9: Liz Swann, Fred, GoGo, Hiro, Honey Lemon, Yokai
Level 8: Jack Sparrow, Wasabi
Level 7: Barbossa, Baymax, John Darling
Level 4: Mike Darling
Level 3: Tia Dalma, Chris Robin
Chillin in a chest performing a one-man Fantasmic: Dave Jones

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:00 pm
Andoski wrote:
What was wrong with the old backlog thread? It had legacy.

Anyway, I have all available characters maxed out except :
Level 9: Liz Swann, Fred, GoGo, Hiro, Honey Lemon, Yokai
Level 8: Jack Sparrow, Wasabi
Level 7: Barbossa, Baymax, John Darling
Level 4: Mike Darling
Level 3: Tia Dalma, Chris Robin
Chillin in a chest: Dave Jones

Since it was already on page 8 and people had not added into it in so long, I thought that thread was dead. I would have felt bad bringing up a thread as old as that. Sorry.  :')

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:14 pm
The backlog thread dies out during events, then makes a comeback during the lulls between events when everyone's in hardcore leveling-up mode.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:01 pm
Yes, this sounds like a good case against thread necromancy to me.

Anyway...
Lvl 9: Mickey
All other Perm Content: 8
Except: John Darling (6) Barbosa (5) Potc 1: (6)
Welcoming: Michael and Tia

Event Charecters:
Lvl 8: Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Ms incredible, Elsa, Beast, Mulan, Mushu
Lvl 7: all other Event Charecters except
Big Hero 6: 4 @ 6, 3 @ 5
Christopher Robin @ 3
Unwelcomed: Jaffar, Kristoff, Zazu, Davey
Costumes: Jack and Minnies Pirate costumes need fabric
Unavailable: Classic Elastigirl, Prince Ali, Bee Pooh

Marc_Suede

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:37 pm
I have decided not to care, as there are too many characters that are locked and cannot be unlocked by no reasonable means

Everybody else is almost maxed out or will be shortly, and then I'm done
One does not simply quit after investing huge amount of money!
no avatar

Ohlas

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:22 am
Missing (5) Barbossa (ready), 2 darling boys, 2 pirates

Maxed- 98

Level 9 (13)
Captian Hook
Jasmaine
Abu
Jafar
I ago
Genie
Alice
Caterpillar
Snow White
The queen
LILO
Stitch
Angel

Level 8 (5)
Thumper
Bagheera
Mawgli
King Louie
Dopey

Level 7 (14)
Toy Alien
Wendy
Elizabeth swan
Jack Sparrow
Will Turner
Bambi
Flower
Balloo
Jack-Jack
Happy
Hiro
GoGo
Honey
Wasabi

Level 6 (2)
Yokai
Fred

Level 5 (1)
Baymax

Level 3 (1)
Peter Pan

Level 2 (2)
Shere Khan
Christopher Robin

Level 1 (2)
Queen of hearts
Cheshire Cat

Everyone’s ready expect The queen. Just need magic and time.

Sunburnt Penguin

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:29 pm
Missing: every event character except five of the BH6 set (I came in too late to get Baymax, his armour and the mask guy (forget his name, haven't seen it yet)), along with the ones yet to come in the main DMK storyline since I've only been playing about 5 weeks - looking forward to unlocking those I can over time. I've got no issue with waiting to get them as long as I keep playing. Pete's one ear short of welcoming, thinking that the Zurg battle is about a week away (trying not to read ahead on the wiki, except when I'm worried I got stuck). Looking forward to Donald :)

I'd appreciate the chance to play the events, but apparently that's off the table. Shame - I really enjoyed The Incredibles, didn't get through Frozen but I like their designs, would love to have Jack Skellington etc running through the park, a fan of Alice (from the books, never seen the Disney film but their designs are great) and would probably pay for the rest of the events even though I don't know the films (mostly as I'm enjoying the game and would like to show my appreciation to GL for making it).

Level 9: Rex, Jessie, Woody, Mickey, Goofy - leaving them here until I know that nobody lower that I want to advance will need leveling up for 24 hours., or until I need to clear a quest. Since they're here, at least I know that their tokens won't waste a third chest "selection".
Level 8: Buzz, Pluto, Boo, Sarge, maybe Mike
Level 7: Bo Peep, Hamm, Tinker Bell (she was easy to level up before things got busier). Also Will - parked as he keeps using tokens from bronze chests and he needs a lot of them. Also, maybe Mike :P
Level 6: what I got from BH6, except Frankie (level 4?) coz he came late in the event and they're all such expensive characters (in effort, magic & tokens). Also got bummed out about not getting the set - so it goes. And Elizabeth, for same reason as Will. Also WALL-E - he's just leveled up :) - he's heading for the top.
Level 5:That darn Sparrow, since I only have one character who can get his ears (Prince Charming) and he takes ages to drop ears - one to go, but I believe he'll advance the story if I level him up. Sulley's here too, but he gets a free pass to level up since he's a favourite (such a great design, and I like characters who are taller than me- they help me feel like a kid again :P ).
Level 3: Celia Mae & Roz. They're still new, they'll be higher before too long.
Level 2: EVE, also new, also heading up.
Not sure/not fussed:
-A couple of dwarves I got in the tower challenge. Somehow, I've always admired the animation without ever seeing the film. I've had the DVD for a few years now, will probably get around to it soon (maybe I'll like them more if I do - I know I'd like them more if I got to play/pay their event).
- Cinderella characters. Parked at level 5-7, same reason as the dwarves, except I don't own the DVD. Also, the story never grabbed me. Also parked to avoid wasting chest "bonuses".
Tigger & Rabbit - haven't seen it, had some of the book(s?) read to me as a kid, so vaguely interested, but not that much.

Probably a few more, but this took too long to work out already. Just in case this came across as snarky/aggressive - really enjoying the game AND this community.

Be well, and if you can't be well - be better :)

BlueDemon1

Google Play (Android)

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:59 pm
Locked my old backlog thread will ya? :x   The nerve!  Had that baby going for a while.

No matter...

All at level 10 except for the following (have played 836 days/Level 56/have paid no $$)....

Level 9: Will Turner (ready to be leveled up), Jack-Jack, Honey Lemon
Level 8: Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan, Yokai, Hiro, Fred, Go Go
Level 7: Captain Barbosa, Bambi
Level 6: Baymax, Wasabi
Level 4: John Darling, Christoper Robin

Do not have (15): Rex, Captain Hook, Michael Darling, Tia Dalma, WALL-E, Maximus, Merryweather, Flower, King Louie, Syndrome, Frozone, Zero, Sven, Mushu, Grumpy