Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

msmeow

Windows PC

Park Design Anxiety

Thu May 24, 2018 3:19 pm
So I'm trying to rearrange my park to make room for whatver is coming up next.  I have all of the available land, with the exception of that $1M plot by "It's A Small World".  I have clustered all of my buldings together according to story.  For example, all of Monsters, Inc is together; all of Snow White is together, etc.  But I have an exception that is driving me completely batpoop insane:  Toy Story. 

The Toy Story attractions have me all befuddled.  I've got Al's Toy Barn, Jesse's Snack Roundup, and Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop over there by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  The Toy Barn and Jesse's look "western"; they fit in with the red rocks of Thunder Mountain, and the entrance to that area looks like the Wild West.  (The Parachute Drop doesn't look like it "goes" with anything of the stationary park stuff, so it wound up there.)  I have the rest of the Toy Story attractions (Pizza Planet, Astro Blasters, Astro Orbiters, Space Traders) over in Tomorrow Land.  They're "futuristic", Tomorrow Land is futuristic.  It makes sense.  (I do not have RC Racers.  *shakes fist at Platinum Chests*)   I hate having them all spread out like this.  But if I put them together in one place it doesn't look right.

How is everyone else "dealing" with this?  Is there anyone else that's having "design OCD"?
no avatar

Ohlas

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Park Design Anxiety

Thu May 24, 2018 3:54 pm
The Facebook group has a post of pictures on how everything fits.  Under the reveal one.  It’s not  perfectly themed but it does make everything fit.

just finished the add bonus dmk game of testis. Lol

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu May 24, 2018 4:18 pm
Ohlas wrote:
just finished the add bonus dmk game of testis. Lol

I assume you meant Tetris? :???:

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu May 24, 2018 6:36 pm
Ohlas wrote:
The Facebook group has a post of pictures on how everything fits.  Under the reveal one.  It’s not  perfectly themed but it does make everything fit.

That's funny... I just finished copying that park.  I know its not my own, but consiering that all rides are open and 1 plot of land is empty, can't argue with results.  Besides, I got anxiety with some rides in storage
no avatar

HomieDaClown

Apple (iOS)

Thu May 24, 2018 7:59 pm
I'm no master park designer but I believe you are limiting yourself somewhat if you are trying to group all the themed rides together.I think the best approach is just to try and put the buildings where they fit best.

TinkerAllTheWay

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu May 24, 2018 8:02 pm
I think that they actually suggest where each attraction should belong with the colour of the edges of the attraction. Tomorrowland attractions have purple edges whereas Toontown (around California screamin') have green ones.
  Not that I've placed them accordingly or that they all fit in the areas. I have the Toy story attractions on both sides of Toontown and Tomorrowland, close to Pete's trailer. It's now the Lilo & Stitch ones that I have scattered everywhere from Frontierland to the deepest depths of Tomorrowland.

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Thu May 24, 2018 11:15 pm
This is from a closed group but was curious if you all could still view it? Let me know. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DisneyM ... 114413156/

Live Your Dreams

Apple (iOS)

Thu May 24, 2018 11:31 pm
Coug wrote:
This is from a closed group but was curious if you all could still view it? Let me know. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DisneyM ... 114413156/

That shows as a clickable link, but nothing happens when I click on it. The only way I could get the full link to appear was when I quoted your post to reply.

Now, to answer your question - I could not see the post since I'm not a member of the group.

Blue007

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu May 24, 2018 11:35 pm
Hmm I put all My toy story buildings all by the outer space area where Zurg did his quests, and they all fit there in the outer space area, and I got the race track one as well, they look fine to me, sorry your having trouble with yours.:(
P.S. all My buildings are out with decor and concessions, they all fit, so I am happy bout that, but of course I got buildings missing that come from chests that I won't bother to buy in order to get them, nope, cause I have yet to get any building or attraction from any free chest, I do not have good luck I guess with those chests, oh well.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 am
At the moment my personal frustration is that I just got Splash, but seem to be unable to re arrange the things I have (and I feel there is too much fantasyland themed things) to make room. THere is some empty areas, but I JUST CANT GET THINGS TO FIT