Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Chest Roulette.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 pm
Anyone else intrigued by the new feautre they'll be putting in the chests?  Apparently, you get the first 2 items as normal, but the third you have to play roulette, where it cycles through, and whatever the item shows when you click the mouse or whatever, that's the prize you'll get.

​I'm guessing with the gem way it cycles through all the prizes, while the money way cycles through only the rarer prizes on the last chest...

​I wonder how easy or hard there going to make it to get certain prizes.  I doubt getting the big prizes is going to be easy.  

​Another thought... Have you ever went to an arcade and played cyclone?  That game where lights go around in a circle and in order to get the ticket jackpot you have to land the light in a specific target... and oftentimes even though the timing is corrct, it often lands on the light to the right or the left, and only occasionally hitting the jackpot now and again?  You think it could be something like that?  

​Maybe the lesser prizes show up with more time, and the big prizes flash by?  

​Wonder if they're being a bit more upfront with the 'slot machine' thing except you somewhat control the outcome... a little?

Coug

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Re: Chest Roulette.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 pm
It wasn't made clear in the video. If I had to guess tapping the last card/bubble or wahatever they are now is still running on the same random system it's just making you think you can improve your chances,

HTower

Google Play (Android)

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 pm
I didn't see the live stream but I wouldn't bet against the roulette wheel just being an animation with no real user input into what is received.  I hope I'm wrong.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:17 pm
Its hard to tell from the video.  Sample size is too small to be statistically relevant as well.  We shall have to wait and see.

Marc_Suede

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:17 pm
You mean to say the are finally figuring out that chest should give you the exact prize you are clicking on (instead of just replacing it with random bait and switch item)? I aint gonna hold my breath for this one to come out soon or work correctly
no avatar

JurassicGenie

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:38 pm
...and this is why I feel resurrecting old posts of 2-3 years ago is a bad idea but hey I was told off for my opinion so before you all confuse yourselves remember to check dates. 🤷‍♀️
... the rotation has been said by Gameloft to have nothing to do with what you get, it’s still random. The rotation is supposed to just cycle through items available but clicking at a certain time is not supposed to effect the outcome. But let’s all debate this yet again.

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:10 pm
Ogh. Lets not and say we did. Still, its better to have an old post that we all know what was said and can move on rather than a new one?

Marc_Suede

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:41 pm
rabble-rabble-rabble rawr-rawr-rawr!

SilverQ73

Apple (iOS)

Fri May 15, 2020 5:53 am
So recently I purchased some of the chest for the first time to get old characters. Especially from collections where I was missing more than 1 character. I had never been experienced not getting a character from a $10 chest. However I just purchased a Lion King chest (not having 2 of the hyenas) and got 6 concession stands. This kind of has me doubting the idea of ever spending money on this game again. Is this common to not get a character at all? Though fun, the challenge concession are essentially completely pointless. Just wondering if this was some kind of glitch. Certainly put any enthusiasm to play to a screeching halt.

Marc_Suede

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri May 15, 2020 10:59 pm
There is only one thing to do: get angry and keep buying them chests until you get what you want!

It is about 50/50 of getting satisfaction from chest purchases - at times I was quite content with the prizes while last time I sent them quite argumentative email to support - apparently I was not the only one complaining as they mixed up reply calling me Jane, but the gist was still the same - you are **** out of luck if you do not get what you want - better luck next time!