Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

Fan Fiction

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm
The place where fan fiction is born  a)

Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

Re: Fan Fiction

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:11 pm
tailmisterSo after my Maleficent final battle thread I made several months ago, I decided to make another theory about the future of the story, this time involving the next land which I assume is adventureland.

Peter Pan and gang makes a valiant attempt to open up adventureland, but fails, getting cursed in the attempt.  (You can uncurse them again)  The reason being is Maleficent has strengthened the curse in that land, as merlin pointed out when you defeat mother gothel.

Merlin seeing this, feels down and retreats into his lab.  But then Archamedies shows up, having scouted the land, and essentiay tells Merlin that the curse is so strong that in order for any attempt from here on out to suceed, Merlin has to be directly involved (become a playable character.)

There is a danger involved in doing so, since while Merlin was playing turtle, (both inactive and in his lab) Maleficent couldn't harm him, but with Merlin as a playable character, Maleficent and others can harm him, and if he dies, all of the work to uncurse the kingdom gets undone, with no chance of countering the curse again.

There's a back and forth, at at length, when Merlin gets stronger with more spells, and welcomes archamedies, and other sword of the stone characters like wart and others, Merlin decides to get activity involved.  Together with Peter Pan, they finally break the barrier to adventureland. 

In Adventureland, the curse is at its strongest, just beyond that is a portal to the forbidden mountain (Maleficents lair).  Theres more tap characters like crows and trolls.  Along the way, the Pirates of the caribbean have to fight off Maleficents troll (and funny sounding) army, as well as the villans from Pirates of the Caribbean (I haven't seen the movies, sue me.)  To take back the main attraction of the Pirates of the carribean.

As the gang closes towards the portal, there's one person waiting there, Madim Mim.  Saying that she wishes to finish the duel that she started, Merlin and Madim Mim has there wizards duel in which Merlin has to fight for his life, especially when Merlin realizes she's gotten a lot stronger.  

But Merlin isn't alone.  The other characters, a few from each franchise, come together to assist, and after a long and difficult fight, they conquer, to which the characters realize that there is no one franchise that is best, and that working together makes them a force that is stronger than any one franchise and by working together, the can overcome anything, even Maleficent.

The player can choose when to dispel the portal leading to the forbidden mountain( they have to click 'Yes' in a dialogue box), or wait till they gather more resources to better prepare for the fight ahead.  This is very important, because once that portal is dispelled, there's no turning back.  See my Maleficents final fight thread for what happens next.

I predict Adventureland to be the final land, since the castle is supposed to be in the middle.  Any other lands like my Aqualand for the Little Mermaid and finding nemo (and dory), and space land for star wars (grr...) would be optional, with accessways to such lands added in.  

Not exactly happy- go - lucky like the rest of the story, but it can help give meaning to all our hard work.  What do you think?

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 am
Originally from the Maleficent Final Battles Theories Thread

I know that we're WAY off from this being relevant, but i've been dreaming of how the final battle could play out.

Merlin can collect spells throughout the story as well as premium spells in order to slowdown or counteract many of the effects.  He also trains Mickey in the magical arts in his sorcerer costume to help, as well as needed in the 4th stage.

There are four stages to this.  The first stage would be a click to get rid of Maleficents malicious (and funny sounding) soldiers. Roughly 60 waves of 10, with 10 min. each wave.  If there is a soldier on the screen, happiness degeneration happens at twice the normal rate.  Zoom in and you might see concession stands being raided by soldiers and scaring away guests from rides.

The second stage would be Maleficent covering the kingdom with thorns.  (Sound familiar?)  So all the characters have to collect bags and daggers in order to hack away the thorns, with protective suits of course.  Attractions would need a lot of tokens, while concessions and decorations need a few.  A nasty thing is if left untended for too long, the thorns will spread. (They'll be a maximum limit)  The quickest and most efficient way throughout the 4 stages of battle is constant effort rather than stop and go, though they'll be a premium spell to halt the curse of you want to take a break for a day.

The third stage is when things get real. Maleficent turns into a dragon, but with a gem shield on her body, to protect her weak spot.  It becomes so dangerous at that point for guests that the guests have to run out, and the park closes.  She'll fly and land on California screamin', cursing it instantly, and she'll recurse one piece on land, any attractions and others on that land become cursed, but return to inventory.  

Every 6 hours, she'll curse another piece of land via fire breath, unless you cast a spell to protect from such attacks.  Cursed land and attractions and such will need magic and time to cure again, if you want to do it now or do you save magic and gems for finishing the battle first?

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:57 am
​Originally from Maleficent's Final Battle Theories Thread Part 2

So in order to drive Maleficent off, up to 8 characters can be selected via boss battle to 4 hour tasks, but this time the boss battle is determined by The dragons hit points.  For each level the characters are that get sent, that character does one hit point of damage (level 10 does 10 damage) for up to 80 damage each with bonuses rewarded if all are from the same story, and bigger if they're event stories.  But after the attack, the dragon counterattacks, and those characters get cursed (unless you cast a spell to protect them).  Cursed characters will need magic and time to uncurse and cannot do other tasks or battle again until they're cleaned. The dragon also has a 1hp per hour regeneration rate.  

When the dragon gets defeated, she'll fly and take over the next lands main attraction, space mountain, and it's rinse and repeat for each land, with the dragon having more hp than the last.  After all the land battles are finished, Maleficent will fly away for a day, but Merlin warns to drop everything else and focus on uncursing characters.  Merlin unlocks spells for speeding up or instantly uncurse characters without a character book, the reason why?  

​Because in the forth stage, Maleficent flys onto Cinderella's Castle itself, cursing it, and cursing the Character book in the process, unable to be accessed until Maleficent is defeated.  In addition, the dragon is looking meaner and more deadly than ever, can curse any piece of land every 4 hours, and boasting a 1.5 HP per hour regeneration.  12 characters can battle her, which would help because she has a lot of HP.  Casting spells to protect the characters would be a very good idea, because now if characters get cursed during this fight, the characters cannot be uncursed unless you spend magic and/or gems to uncurse them with Merlin.  When the Dragon hits 0 HP, the gems protection on it shatters, leaving her weakness exposed.  Then a final 12 hour task involving Prince Phillip, the three good faries, Merlin, and Mickey MUST be involved.  Merlin and Mickey are in the back developing a spell to get rid of Maleficent, while Prince Phillip and the 3 good faires battle Maleficent to distract her.  At the end of the 12 hour task, the final cutscene is shown, where the dragon defeats Phillip and the 3 good faries and they fall to the curse.  Maleficent laughs, but the spell is finished, and thus, with Mickey in his Sorcerer attire, fires the spell at the stomach, which defeats Maleficent and she falls off the castle and lands in a firery smoke and vapor.

​Afterwards, a week-long celebration begins, in which the parade is running during that time with the tune of the "Main Street Electrical Parade", "Paint the Night", and "Disneyland Forever".  (What?  I loved the Disneyland Diamond Celebration.) there can even be movies of those celebrations that players can watch for gems if they choose.  In addition, each float has one (Mickey and friends has two) recovery chambers, where players can place characters, attractions, concessions, and decorations have been cursed during the fight, and can be recovered for free given time.  Periodically, it will drop gems, magic, and Disney Coins.  During the week, Disney coins can be collected by character tasks, attractions, and parade rewards to restore land, and everything else that has been cursed.  It can even unlock land that cannot be uncursed unless Maleficent is defeated.  After the week is over, the players will need to spend magic to uncurse the rest they couldn't uncurse during the week.  If during the week they uncurse everything, all the parade rewards that drop every two hours during that time will turn into gems, cause you probrably spent plenty of gems to preserve much during the fight. 

​What happens when everything is uncursed and the kingdom is restored to full glory?  Assuming this game survives long enough for the Maleficent fight to happen and they want the game to continue after the story, I think Gameloft will think of something.  At any rate, it will be a great thing to show off to your friends and to yourself.

​Of course, this is just an idea.

​Hopefully this game will continue to get the support it needs and Gameloft is fair and makes the game fun for all ages, Disney fan and otherwise, for this game to flourish.  So to Gameloft and to all the players, I say:  MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN!!

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:03 am
​Originally from the Aqua Land? Thread

If you have the Jumpin' Jellyfish Attraction, have you noticed that there is fish swimming and bubbles out of the coral and no water surrounding it?  I've thought of a new land that they might try in the story.

​After you defeat the gatekeeper of Adventureland (Jafar), the gate to the next land simply would not open no matter what the kingdom does, but there is the sea close by that attracts attention.  After exploring it a bit, Mickey discovers a new underwater land, (8 pieces of land, 3 of them optional) and particually an energy generator.  That land is cursed with oil and minefields.  After some research, they build a high tech and magical tunnel that can transport guests from the land to the sea and back again.  After uncursing the land, they can build attractions underwater.  Some attractions, decor, and concessions can only built in water, but some can work both on land and water.  The tunnel would either equip guests with underwater gear, or turn them into fish, and return to human when going onto land.  (Hey, Merlin turned Wart into a fish, and its a fantasy digital game, so why not?)  The main attraction would be the the Submarine voyage ride.

​Throughout the story, you unlock characters from Finding Nemo (and Dory), and The Little Mermaid.  Ariel will be a mermaid, but she can be human and back again so she and prince eric can do tasks and quests together on land.  And who is the villan maintaining the energy generator and guarding it?  You guessed it, Ursula.  After a boss fight and Ursula is defeated, they destroy the energy generator, which will then open the gate from Adventureland to the next land.  Ursula can be unlocked afterward and can turn into Vanessia for land tasks, and back again.

​Just thought Jumpin' Jellyfish would belong in that land with the fish swimming around and Gameloft is teasing us about whats to come like the Aladdin attractions, but hey that's just a theory.​

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:05 am
​Originally from the Grumpy Rant Thread

With Snow White and 6 of the 7 dwarfs welcomed, the dwarfs have taken to having one dwarf stay home and look after snow white while the others go to work.  Today it's grumpy's turn.

Snow White: (annoyed)  I don't see how keeping an eye on me all the time is necessary.  I can take care of things on my own.

Grumpy hearing all this gets really agitated for some reason.

Grumpy:  Young lady, do you remember... (collides with a doe carrying laundry) that's it, get out, I need to speak to snow white alone.  Don't you have an ecosystem to maintain or something?  GET OUT!!

All the animals rush out of the cottage.

Grumpy: heh, maybe the health inspector can stop giving us the stink eye.  Anyway...

Judy Hopps (from distance): EEEK!

Grumpy (yelling out window):  Ah hush up bunny girl.  Not every animal is civilized.  (Closes window) Anyway, do you remember what happened last time you were alone in the house?  We took you in for protection.  We, heck, even I warned you about the queens trickery.  I specifically told you "don't let nobody or nothing in the house"  And what happened?  We turn our backs for a hour and your animal friends had to go ballistic and drag us back.  We come home to find the queen in a peddler disguise and you dead.

That was a tramatic experience for all of us.  Even I cried at your funeral, and I doubt many audience members can see that without feeling sadness to some degree.  If we had buried you or that prince of yours didn't find you, you'd still be dead.

Well since that tailmister fellow is trying to bring the queen back, and with your prince nowhere to be found, pardon us if we feel we can't trust you alone in the house.  For that backtalk you can keep house without your animal friends for a day.

Snow White:  But grumpy...

Grumpy:  But nothing.  Anymore backtalk and it'll be 3 days.  Now get back to cleaning missy.

Tailmister:  First off, they came from the 30s, so they're behind the times in what's acceptable.  Second, grown men disiplining a 14 year old isn't uncommon.  Lastly, i had this scenario in my head for a while and I thought it was funny, especially when I felt agitated.  But if this is in bad taste, let me know.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:08 am
​Originally from Judy's Snow White moment thread

As is typical, whenever an event shows up, I have the characters watch the movie so that everyone is on the same page in familiarity and helping in welcoming the new characters and making them feel at home.  Snow White was a good watch... however, Judy Hopps didn't take some scenes very well.

​When the Queen was transforming and the result was shown, there was an audible gasp and a "ewww...."

​When Snow White fainted, there was a shocked gasp, her eyes were wide open and tears were forming in her eyes.

​And When Snow White's funeral scene was playing, she just broke down completley, and then again when Snow White wakes up.

​{Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps are exiting the theater}

​Nick:  Judy, are you all right?

​Judy:  Yeah *sniff*  I'm fine.  I'm not crying or *huck* anything.

​Nick:  Uh-Huh.

​Judy:  No wonder my parents didn't show me that movie... they *gasp* probrably knew I'd react this way.

​Nick:  Oh, you bunnies, you're so emotional.  Get in here.

​(Judy rests head on Nick's lap)

​Nick:  There, there now, deep breaths, come on.  Okay.  If it makes you feel better, the queen is still an ugly old hag {Judy starts laughing and crying} and she'll probrably stay that way when she's welcomed into the kingdom huh?  {Judy laughs some more} ... you're standing on my tail again.  Offoffoffoff...

​Judy:  Oh, sorry.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:13 am
​Originally from the Tikigate Solved Thread

Last night I finished Iago's level 6 quest, and I discovered this:

​Iago:  Ya know, I always wanted to open up a music club of my own...fill it with all kinds a' songbirds... ... Run it into the ground... blame it on my business partner... book it across the border after cleanin' out the till...

​[Tailmister calls Zazu]

​Zazu:  What?  I kept telling him that The Enchanted Tiki Room under new management was a bad idea.  Nobody really liked it, and I used every method to convince him that it was a bad idea.  It wasn't until I stole everything from him and convinced the tiki god to burn the attraction did it finally go away.

​Iago:  Wait a minute!  You convinced them to burn it down in a fire where I almost died?

​Zazu:  (gulp)  yeah?

​Iago:  Commere you little [Goes into an epic bird fight with a lot dust flying, fowl language being spewed out and feathers flying.  I had to force them out of the park and into the forest village so the kids don't get upset.]

​Okay the first Iago quote was from the game, the rest I made up.  Still... something cool that they referenced that particular attraction.

​On another post on the same thread...

Both came back pretty beat and bruised up, and they needed healing by magic and first aid.  While I didn't want to see it happen, I hope this a hard lesson learned by Iago as to what anger and insults can lead to.  Which is great because there was another incident shortly before this one...

Iago: [Reading Script] Sure he [the genie] trapped me in that lamp and punted me across the desert... [throws away script]  Ehh...wrong!  The genie had nothing to do with that!  It was Jafar who dragged me into that lamp with him.  And believe me, we were bickering so much that it even puts Ms. Cutiebunny's neighbors to shame!

Judy Hopps:  What did you call me?

Iago:  Are your oversized ears decorations?  You know exactly what I said missy.

Judy:  You're not supposed to call a bunny cute and you know it buster.

Iago: Stop being cute and maybe I will.

Judy:  Shut up.

Iago:  No, you shut up!

Judy:  YOU SHUT UP!

Iago: Don't tell me to [both saying] SHUT UP!!

[Judy notices Nick laughing hard]

Judy:  WHAT?

Nick Wilde:  The bird said you're the c word, not me!

Thankfully incidents like this typically happen within three or four weeks when a character is first introduced and it calms down afterword.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:16 am
​Originally from the Timon and Pumba... and Baloo Thread.

Timon and Pumba:  Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase.  Hakuna Matata, ain't no passing craze...

​Baloo:  Look for the Bear Necessities, The simple Bear Necessities, forget about your worries and your strife...

​Timon and Pumba (Looking excited):  It means no worries, for the rest of your days...

​Baloo:  I mean the Bear Necessities, Old Mother Nature's Recipies..

​All:  That Brings the Bear Necessities of Life!

​Timon:  Hey, this bear is all right after all.  Maybe you should hang around with us and we can goof around all day.

​Baloo:  Yeah, that would be... (singing)  Our problem free- Philosophy...

​All:  Hakuna Matata.

​Just something I thought about while thinking how different characters can work together.

​Then

So I leveled up Baloo to Level 6 today, and he has an hour-long character quest where he hears music and dances to it.  Afterwords he comments on how all the animals in the kingdom is just as swinging as the jungle.

Well there was an incident several minutes before this...

​Baloo:  Hey bunny, why won't you swing with me?

​Judy Hopps:  Look Mr. Bear, I appreciate the effort and spirit, and I know that there are a ton of animals and mammals that are willing to 'swing' with you as you call it, but my favorite song is 'Try Everything', and sadly, 'Try Everything' and 'Bear Neccessities' just don't mix together well at all.  By all means keep doing what your doing, but I probrably won't be among the crowd.

​Baloo:  Man....

​O.K the first part is real, the rest I made up.

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am
​Originally from A Message from Scar Thread

Scar:  Ahh... It feels good to be back in the game.

​Hyena 1:  Can it scar, we know who your really working for

​Hyena 2:  Yeah.  If it wasn't for that sorceress, you'd still be gone.

​Scar:  Oh?  And would I be around if that sorceress didn't find any value in me?  The goal is still very simple, shut down the Magic Kingdom.

​Hyena 1:  But I've heard Syndrome, The Boogey Man, Hans, and Gaston couldn't do it.  What makes you think you can?

​Scar:  The Players will.  I'm just here to refine the Frustration.

​Hyenas:  ???

​(Song starts)  Hummm... Hummmm.   Hummm..  Hummm...

​Scar:  I know that your working on this game, a little utopia in your lives.
​But within that balloon there's frustration, a frustration that cannot be denied.
​I feel it when you open chests, when you play Disney Tetris,
​and where did the main story go?   EVEN YOU CANNOT DENY THAT!
​So prepare for accepting the darkness, and allow it to consume your love. (chorus:  la la la)
​A shining new era is tiptoeing nearer (Hyena:  But what about the parks) the real parks will be there.
Accept your desire for immediate rewards, and your desire to CLOSE THESE GATES!!!
​And the birth of the kingodm of mean!  BE PREPARED!!

​Hyenas:  Yes our teeth and ambitions are bared.

All:  BE PREPARED  (all laugh into the darkness)

​{The preceeding post is a villan's song that Scar would likely sing.  Just a reminder that I love the game and want to see it succeed, so I'm keeping my morale up despite the things I don't like about this game  That dosen't mean I like everything about it, and will continue to say something if I feel I don't like something about it, but in the end I'm having fun and want to see it to its conclusion.  Just a litle inspiration on my part, take it or leave it.}