Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.
no avatar

db91884

Google Play (Android)

Re: Time limited events - hints

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:36 am
TinkerAllTheWay wrote:
Yalliria wrote:
When welcoming a character at the end of the event I have to speed him up to really get him.
What about the attractions? When buildin an attraction at the end of the event - do I have to speed that up, too?

Yes. If the construction isn't finished and you haven't tapped the building to finish the building quest in your park before the time ends, you'll lose it.

Can can someone confirm this? For the Beauty and the Beast event I thought I remember not having Bell's house finished when the event ended and I was still able to finish the building. I know the characters if you haven't actually hit the check mark on them before the end of the event they are not welcomed but I thought the buildings they still were available.
no avatar

Yalliria

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:55 pm
Would be good to know for sure. I did spend some gems in the last event to have the building finished at the end of the event.

Mr Tigger

Windows PC

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:50 pm
Not know if this has been mentioned, but these are things I do in order to get the characters:

1) level up each character enough in order to get all of them to at least level 1 (can usually still raise them after the event ends)
2) not bother leveling any other character that is not part of the event in order to concentrate on the ones in it
3) buy the characters that you need.  Sometimes they are on sale during the even.  Either use gems, etc in the game or real money.  Up to you which one.
4) If you purchase something during the event it usually can help you get the items you need.  Like a float, building, etc that generate when you need over time.
5) Paitence - sometimes takes a long time to get the last one or two items you need to finish the character(s)/event.
no avatar

Ohlas

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:20 am
Last 10 days of an event can get crazy, this isn’t to scare you but it always seem to be the mad rush to the end. Just keep pushing.

If you have the time and need more event currency doing the 6 min or 60 min task when the character isn’t collecting tokens you need, really adds up in event currency.

I keep all my characters out of home and send them on 60 min task durning the day and 6/8 hr task while sleeping to bank regular magic currency.
no avatar

BondGirl85

Windows PC

Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:02 am
Gabriel from Gameloft wrote:
Hi guys, here you can add hint for new players. You can share your experience with previous time limited events and tell them how to play during time limited events :) 
PS: offtopic posts will be deleted

Do not bother leveling up characters during an event because they will conflict with the tokens you are trying to get for the event. Only level up event characters.

Do not welcome new characters except for the event ones.

Be careful when doing side quests during the event because if Merlin gives you a quest to welcome another character, it can add conflict to your event for the tokens you need. 

Keep on collecting EC. Always send your characters to 60 min quests because you get more coins that way. Even if you finsih the event, keep on collecting EC for gems at the end. Do not use to level up event characters unless you don't care for the gems.

You need to be online all the time and be at your computer a lot or often check your phone throughout the day. 

You will need to set a timer for mini events during the event for biggest prizes so you can try and stay at the top of the leader board. That even means getting up in the middle of the night too.

Always keep your characters doing quests to collect magic until sending your characters home option becomes available. 

When working on welcoming new characters, if you want to speed it up, do not level up any characters or else it will cause conflicts for tokens needed. Same goes for if you are trying to level up new characters you have welcomed so you can do a side quest or kingdom quest.

Try and level up all your characters because you will need it for tower challenges.

Keep on opening chest and collecting them around the kingdom. Do it in the evening too to get a free chest to open.

Watch two videos every night for free gems. 

Use your gems wisely like for float slots, characters, place to store your chests.

Don't bother with legendary chests. Save your real money and gems. Most of the time you will just get useless items. 

Always run your event parade float if you buy it to get more EC coins and items during the event.

Welcome as many characters as you can when Merlin gives you the quest.

Level up as many characters as you can between events. Start from the lowest level because higher levels take longer to finish. 

Alwats send your characters to token quests. 

Run out of space, well put some in storage and only use the ones that drop the most magic and if you need to make room for event attarctions or quests, store the others away for room to proceed.

You can never have too many concessions. Any time you get one from the chest, always place it in the kingdom for more magic. 

Only open new land when you need more land. Open land that is the least magic cost. 

Use attractions if they are dropping tokens or gold trophies and put the others in storage that are dropping none. 

Grant as many happiness as you can and save the happiness to click on when you need it. Also save during the event for happiness mini events.

If you want, buy premium event characters during the event to make it faster to progress through it.
no avatar

Dhomos

Google Play (Android)

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 pm
Hi there~
Love the game
I love the maleficent tower challenge
However I didn't make it to get the time limited concessions of the
 last two tower chllenges Image 
Will there be a chance to get those concessions back?
I really want to complete my collection
PLS~~~~><

Schmendrik

Windows PC

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Hello,
1. what about the coins? do these expire when the first chapter is over?
2. Can I still buy things from chapter 1 when the second chapter has started?
3. If I buy brands for the mayor, but do not have them completely, what happens to them?
- and, what happens to the mayor, if you have him, and the event is over?

many thanks

star_ranger4

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 pm
Okay. EC will go away ONLY at the very end of the event, and yes you can buy things from previous chapters even once the next chapter starts.

If you buy Mayor tokens but do not welcome him before the end of the event, they are 'stored'; if you manage somehow to get him down the line in a NBC Legendary chest you will then have those tokens to use in leveling him. Once the event IS over, the Mayor should eventually appear in NBC chests; if you have welcomed him into the park before the end of the event he will be just like any other character and remain.

Schmendrik

Windows PC

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 pm
Thank you, very revealing
I'm only on Lev. 20; which one would you recommend to buy, from this event?

Schmendrik

Windows PC

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 pm
how about Jack Skellington?
What good is the Halloween costume by Micky?