Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Damngoat

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Time limited events - hints

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:35 pm
Nicola1977 wrote:
What can we do if we cant lvl up all the Lion King characters until the event ends ? 

Not sure what you mean exactly. Certain characters have to be certain levels to continue through the event. They do not have to be level 10 to complete the event. They will become like regular characters after the event ends and you will use potions instead of event currency
 to level them up alongside their tokens.
no avatar

EkPaheli

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:11 am
If you find gold or platinum chest/s a couple of hours before/into the event, do not place it on the shelves to be opened immediately. I know it could be hard to resist temptation but remember these chests are rare and hard to come by - rarer are the tokens/attractions that you would find in them i.e - epic and legendary ones.

None of the characters introduced soon into the event require tokens that are hard to get, eventually they're available in bronze and silver chests even after the event is over and those are not as hard to come by. However tokens that are hard to come by, for example Scar's - the main villain of the lion king event, were available in gold chests.  Jafar tokens might not epic / legendary but they could be hard to get and having gold/platinum chest/s could really help improve the chances of getting a token that you might need in addition to the character quests.

Marc_Suede

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:14 am
Tokens-schmokens, I dont subscribe to keeping plat/gold chests for that, I run out of chests to open anyways to even contemplate keeping any. You can get those tokens in the usual way by sending characters to task, I'm rather annoyed when I get tokens in any chest - even some useless decorations are better as you can trade those for elixirs
One does not simply quit after investing huge amount of money!

tailmister

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 pm
This is in relation to the new home feature.   

​I like it, but it dosen't give you any symbols like chests for token potential or event currency symbols or anything that, when in storage, what the character can do.  Characters that aren't as useful today may be useful tomorrow, and it dosen't seem that there is any way when in storage if there's any notifcations when those changes.  This can mean that during an event, a player could keep a character in storage without knowing they could help in the event.

​So here's what I would do.  Keep all the characters out shortly before an event starts.  Then when the event starts, look at all your characters and their tasks.  Even if some can't earn you tokens right away, some can earn you event currency, which also means they'll be useful later.  Keep all those can earn event tokens or currency working during the duration of the event for maximun effectiveness.  Store or manage the rest.  

​I think this applies until they add an indicator or something saying that a character in storage is useful again or something like that.
no avatar

Columbob

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 pm
Their task won't appear when you're looking at the tokens for welcoming or leveling up a character? Why should it disappear? I see the tasks required even for characters I don't have.

Andoski

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 pm
Columbob wrote:
Their task won't appear when you're looking at the tokens for welcoming or leveling up a character? Why should it disappear? I see the tasks required even for characters I don't have.

I think tailmister meant that the game doesn't actively give you a heads-up that a homed character has newfound usefulness, so players have to stay on top of things to make sure a useful character doesn't waste away at home. That includes examining the token requirements for newly available characters, as you noted.

Eyorelizzie

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

North Pole

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 pm
I agree Tailmister. When I get tired of an empty character screen, I often take them out of storage only to find they are collecting a token I was unaware of. I leave them ALL out now. Can't see the point in nothing happening.
Boo to enchantment. Stupid stupid idea 

Live Your Dreams

Apple (iOS)

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 am
I home all non-token/non-wish characters all the time. It's easy enough to return them when a wish appears and then re-home them after the wish is fulfilled.

Whenever I start a new character levelling up, I return all characters so I can see if they have any token-earning tasks. After checking all characters I re-home those who have no token-earning tasks.

Pandeasy

Google Play (Android)

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 pm
Thanks to all of you that took the time to post Event hints on this thread. As a new player doing my first event this was SOOOoooOo helpful!
no avatar

Panthergirlau

Apple (iOS)

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:45 pm
For limited time events. I have found the following very helpful and have been able to complete all events except Snow White as I wasn't wasting money on a chance of grumpy

i have found you only need to get the event characters to level 5 then leave there ready to go to level 6 but don't upgrade that way the other characters you are trying to get tokens from especially if a task has a chance of 2 or 3 tokens in the drop you will get better drop rates 

all the quests after level 5 are not event related you tell if they are event related or storyline by the colour if the are yellow like the last few they will be available after the event as they are level up quests, do the quests that are event related first then if you nothing else to do do those quests.

another tip is when there is competitions for granting wishes, I have found after you grant the wish and you don't need them for the event send them home and then when you come back in an hour or next time you log in they will be back requesting a wish to meet that character. I don't try and win the competition just get whatever free items they are giving you (if you place high a win a prize that's a bonus)

i have been been playing for nearly two years and I understand it's hard for new players to complete some of these events and you frustrations as I feel the same but hang in there it does get better as you get along and I have spent very little money ($30 in two years) so you can do it without spending money save your gems for premium characters or floats run your parades as often as possible as they help with events and storyline

just a few tips to help out