Discuss about Disney Magic Kingdoms here.

Elisa FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Hello! Welcome to the General Discussion of Disney Magic Kingdoms.  :)

In this thread, you can find frequently asked questions from your fellow DMK community members. If you have any other questions, you can definitely post here! And if you know how to answer them, post your answer and we can put it in this thread. Let's help each other out!  8-)

List of FAQs:

1. How do I change my username that appears in-game? 
2. How do I move Buildings/Attractions/Decorations?
3. My quests aren't completing! Help!
4. I'm not seeing the latest saved game data when I want to play on another device.
5. I lost my game progress and now I have to start all over again. How do I get my game progress back?
6. Where did my stored items go? 
7. How do I add friends in this game?

CONTENT

1. How do I change my username that appears in-game? 
If you're an iOS player, you can do so by changing your username in Game Center.
Go to Settings > Game Center > Game Center Profile > Nickname. 

If you're an Android player, unfortunately it is not possible as it is not currently possible to change your Gmail username after you've registered: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/19870?hl=en

If you're a Windows player, you will have to change your Gamertag. Here's more details about it: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-t ... y-gamertag

2. How do I move Buildings/Attractions/Decorations?
Tap and press down on a building you wish to move for more than 3 seconds. A circle will appear, so keep holding down until the circle is complete. This will take you to the Builder Mode where you can move your buildings around!

3. My quests aren't completing! Help!
Click on the quest that you're working on, and click "Go" on the task that is needed to complete the quest. This will take you to the list of tasks that the character can do (given that your character is not busy). Click on the very first task that is listed at the top! This should be the task that is required to complete the quest. 

4. I'm not seeing the latest saved game data when I want to play on another device.
Here's what you can do:

1. On the device you are transferring the game data from, login to the game.
2. Go to Options (the top right corner) > Connect
3. Disconnect and reconnect to your Facebook (keep a timestamp of when you do this).
4. Close the game completely and wait 30 seconds. 
5. Now to login to the device you are transferring the game data to. 
6. You'll be given two options: "Cloud Data" or "Local Save". Select "Cloud Data". Make sure that the timestamp is correct!

Ta-da~ You should have the latest saved game data. Let me know how this worked out.

5. I lost my game progress and now I have to start all over again. How do I get my game progress back?
If you've lost your account progress and were connected to Facebook in-game, go to the Options menu and then the Connect menu and try reconnecting to Facebook.  If this doesn't work, please contact Customer Care in-game, as they will be able to assist you better!

6. Where did my stored items go? 
Your items are always stored in the Shop. Click on Shop to access your stored items!

7. How do I add friends? 
If your game is connected to Facebook, your friends from Facebook who play DMK will be automatically added (as long as you're both on iOS and/or Android). 

If you're not connected to Facebook, you can also add friends by adding them on Game Center/Google +/Xbox Friends. Here are sources for each one one:

Game Center (iOS): http://www.imore.com/how-add-friends-game-center-iphone-and-ipad 
Google + (Android): https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/4624428?hl=en-CA 
Xbox (Windows): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17162/windows-10-finding-friends 
Game Community Manager
no avatar

stroud1492

Hi Elisa! I have an issue with the game. I have sent three characters to fight Pete, and when I went back to send two more, it says I sent all five, and has not cleared the quest. This is very important to the game, and I have attatched a picture of the problem.

no avatar

stroud1492

5. I'm not seeing the latest saved game data when I want to play on another device.
Here's what you can do:

3. Disconnect and reconnect to your Facebook (keep a timestamp of when you do this).
6. You'll be given two options: "Cloud Data" or "Local Save". Select "Cloud Data". Make sure that the timestamp is correct!

Ta-da~ You should have the latest saved game data. Let me know how this worked out.

This dosen't work. I tried this step by step, but I can't get the data from my Apple Ipad to transfer to my computer:(

Elisa FromGameloft

stroud1492 wrote:
5. I'm not seeing the latest saved game data when I want to play on another device.
Here's what you can do:

This dosen't work. I tried this step by step, but I can't get the data from my Apple Ipad to transfer to my computer:(

That's because Windows and iOS/Android are not crossplatform compatible. Only iOS and Android are cross-platform.
Game Community Manager

Elisa FromGameloft

stroud1492 wrote:
Hi Elisa! I have an issue with the game. I have sent three characters to fight Pete, and when I went back to send two more, it says I sent all five, and has not cleared the quest. This is very important to the game, and I have attatched a picture of the problem.

Yes, this is a known issue, and our team is working to fix it. Once we have more information, we'll definitely share with you. :) 

In the meantime, please contact Customer Care, as they will be able to assist you with this issue. Thank you!
Game Community Manager
no avatar

taborj

2. How do I change my username that appears in-game? 

If you're an Android player, you can edit your name by logging into your Google account on your device > Personal Info & Privacy > Your Personal Info.

Does this actually work?  I've had my name information set with Google for years, but I still show up as "Disney Fan" followed by a 5-digit number.  I've gone through those steps and verified my name info is properly set.

Also, it'd be nice to have a name that was specific to the game; some folks may not care to have their "real" name showing, and also I've seen some pretty humorous nicknames in the game that I'd like to get in on.

Elisa FromGameloft

taborj wrote:
2. How do I change my username that appears in-game? 

If you're an Android player, you can edit your name by logging into your Google account on your device > Personal Info & Privacy > Your Personal Info.

Does this actually work?  I've had my name information set with Google for years, but I still show up as "Disney Fan" followed by a 5-digit number.  I've gone through those steps and verified my name info is properly set.

Also, it'd be nice to have a name that was specific to the game; some folks may not care to have their "real" name showing, and also I've seen some pretty humorous nicknames in the game that I'd like to get in on.

Hi! Sorry about that, we double checkled and you won't be able to change your username if you're an Android player: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/19870?hl=en
Game Community Manager
no avatar

Rm247

Not being able to change your name seems like a major safety issue. There are going to be a large number of kids playing this game and pretty much every other online game advisesagainst giving out your real name to people online let alone having it on display for everyone to see
no avatar

Mandy_Barber-King

Hello everyone, how do we know what time daily rewards come i play lots of different times in the day but never get my reward, is there a way to work out times as i keep missing them, thanks

Elisa FromGameloft

Mandy_Barber-King wrote:
Hello everyone, how do we know what time daily rewards come i play lots of different times in the day but never get my reward, is there a way to work out times as i keep missing them, thanks

Hi Mandy, the Daily Rewards issue was fixed for some players via hotfix update, but it wasn't resolved for all players. We're working on a workaround, so as soon as it's out, we'll let you know. Thank you!
Game Community Manager