Discuss with the Dev Team!
no avatar

Jldc

I agree with many of Josh Levy's points. GL needs to consider revising the reward elements to incentivize guilds to perform more than they are currently doing. For example, this guild war, the scores are down and based upon the trend line we are looking at maybe 10-20% decline.  The longer GL refuses to adjust these rewards, resentment and frustration and resentment will creep in which will destroy this game. 

The point system should also be revised. GL should not devalue armory runs by so much. Armory runs are vital for guilds to get high points. 

Some ideas for rewards:
1. yes the legendary chest was too cheap at 210/240. Increase it to like 1000 for top 1 and go up from there. Allow top 5 to have access. Don't restrict access to the leg chest. If someone joins the guild, they should be  able to buy it. The actual drops for these chests are better than gear, but does not mean that you will get a legendary item (let alone the item that you are missing). 
2. Decrease the cost of the gear chest Include sh chests into the prize pool. Price similarly to the gear chest. A chest costs 350 scrolls, which effectively means 50 successful raids. On free play, that's 10 wars. 10 hours of play for one chest. That is ridiculous prize support. 
3.  Possible add VIP chests to the mix, which would be between gear and legendary chests in scrolls. 
4.  I agree with the idea of adding possible things like key pieces for t3/t4 trinkets in the guild shop. Increase the amount of sf boosters able to be bought to 5.
no avatar

ranshassi

Google Play (Android)

I completely disagree with the proposed 1,000 seals to open Legendary Chests, that is way too expensive and requires each player to score close to 6K points just to open 1 Chest.    Completely unacceptable.   

We are the only Guild on Android that is currently rank 1 and still has access to Legendary Chests at 210 seals, If you don't know what you are talking about and have not experienced rank 1, then please keep your comments related to your current rank, stop suggesting what the rewards should be for a rank you have no experience with.

Lance_Ewing

I also agree 1000 scrolls for legendary chests isn't worth it. I have fused all 5 items I have gotten this week. Very few players on our team have opened something they can possibly use. Out of 150 chests so far I would say 10-15 items are not super fusions. Needs to stay 210/240/270/300/330 if they did top 5 the amount of teams going for top 5 will increase the gw scores which also increases the amount of money gameloft makes. Better rewards = more participation.
Username_ lancealot
ios platform
ticket I.d.....which one do you want??
no avatar

Jldc

Haha. I'm in the #1 iOS guild euro. Im also the guild leader. I know full well about the 210 leg chests. Yes they should be cheaper than 2100. The fundamental issues is that all chests have to be price adjusted. But if you are telling me they should be cheaper than a gear chest or a skill chest for a top 50 guild. You are wrong. I want a vibrant game not a game of 20 guilds.

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

The legendary chest in guild shop should be more expensive. It should also have better drop rate for legendary items. This chest cost 99€. It is currently way too bad for the price to buy one directly. GL is here to make money, if they give easy access to the legendary chest, they will obviously reduce the odds of getting good gear from it. And since it is a chest you can buy directly with money, it is better to make it reasonably pricy in the guild shop and to increase the drop rate for legendary items than to reduce the odds and still ask 99€ for it.

People who joined the guild should NEVER be able to buy the item as if they participated with the guild. They did not participate, thus do not deserve those rewards. Allowing this leads to many abuse, shady beahviours, and is harmful to the guild system. A simple fix, but that will require a patch, would be to make the guild shop level a player information. Each player have their own guild shop level and it changes when war ends. Jumping guilds or being kicked out will not stop you from accessing the guild shop.

My assumption is that GL increased the price of the legendary chest due to this abuse. And honestly that's for the best. Sure it's bad for now, but handing out legendary chests to everyone is worse. And you, android players, should fear it more than anyone else. A hacker guild just need to place top2 and then can hand out those legendary chest freely to everyone.

There are some cool ideas, so I'll repost my reward scheme with some modifications (VIP chest, champion chest):
601-7000: --> a meager reward for playing once
- Ranking: 2 t4 booster for just playing
- Shop: Discount: 0%. Rewards: just the basic consumable (potion, energy, stamina)
301-600: -->help player character to grow
- Ranking: 1 gear chest, 4 t4 boosters
- Shop: Discount: 0%. Rewards: gear chest and t3 boosters
151-300: -->Allow player to increase the pace at which they improve their stronghold
- Ranking: 2 elemental chests
- Shop: Discount: 5%. Rewards: stronghold chest and t4 boosters
71-150: -->offer player items they can choose (or open up evolution of bloodmatch items)
- Ranking: 2 t2 trinkets (no need for chest with WC items purchasable)
- Shop: Discount: 10%. Rewards: t5 evo mat for WC and WC items (2.5k stats)
31-70: -->Now players can fully evolve the WC items
- Ranking: 1 t3 trinket
- Shop: Discount: 20%. Rewards: t6 evo mat for WC and skill chest
11-30: -->Time gear up and threaten the strong guilds (but slow progression to encourage buying)
- Ranking: 2 t3 trinket
- Shop: Discount: 25%. Rewards: VIP chest and rush tickets
6-10: -->Ease of maxing gear, farming, etc. Gained convenience
- Ranking: 3 t3 trinkets, 1 VIP chest, + 100 VIP points (for those that makes top10 free every 2 month)
- Shop: Discount: 30%. Rewards: t5 boosters + Champion chest
4-5: -->Max the sf points on gear and sh (especially champs)
- Ranking: 4 t3 trinkets, 1 VIP chest, + 100 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 40%. Rewards: SF boosters, Legendary chest (pricy but with good drop rate (30-50% for a legendary))
3: -->Faster leveling to stay on top of the game
- Ranking: 5 t3 trinket, 10 eggs, 2 VIP chest, + 100 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 50%. Rewards: t6 boosters (to be created)
2: --> So close, but not rank 1
- Ranking: 5 t3 trinket, 25 eggs, 3 VIP chest, + 500 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 50%. Rewards: No idea. Any consolation prise?
1: -->Ultime, most demanded reward...changing weapon type on t4 and t5 trinkets
- Ranking: 1 t4 trinket (or 8 t3 and 37 eggs), one ten pull of VIP chests, +1000 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 50%. Rewards:special crafting material to change t4/t5 trinket weapon type. New recipes to add

Just a few points to keep in mind. The goal of the guild shop is to increase the participation of players withing a guild. Which should lead in increased competition amongst guilds. To that end, the rewards purchaseable in the shop must be better than the ranking rewards. They must be enticing to the individual. Allowing guild hoppers to purchase nonetheless is contrary to that goal. Making the reward purchasable by everyone but at varying price is contrary too. Over time, anyone can buy. Although great, it does decrease the competition.

The reward scheme I proposed is an attempt to increase competition by making desireable rewards obtainable, but step by step. Each step will gove an improvement to the player but will not allow him ot get the best items right away (unless extremly lucky). The key part is top 150 when players stop receiving chests and instead are offered to buy gear. That's where participation will increase. You get choice, but must move up a rank at least one week to fully evolve your item. Rince and repeat. Then you realise you must either buy chests to get skills item or get to the rank above for the skill chest. A guild done with that will be a solid top70 able to push with gems for top30 an the VIP chest, chest with higher drop rate for the best gear of the game. And up, and up, and up. By that point you know the dance. My view may be a bit narrow, but I truly think a good reward scheme include player progression throughout the game. The ability to buy items directly, the WC items with 2.5k stats is what will drive people to compete. Once they step into the competition they will have to move up. They would have to move down too much to get back the free chests, thus won't be able to evolve the items they chose. starting rank 150, going up is the only choice.

PS: I'll edit my original post too, to include those changes. It countains more than a proposition for better rewards, I want to enhance the team aspect of guild war too. Not just enhance the sense of achievment a good reward would give.
no avatar

ranshassi

Google Play (Android)

I'd like to repeat my earlier statement, talk about the rewards and how you'd like them within the limits of your own rank,  based on your experience with your current rank, what changes would you like to see.    

In terms of rank no 1 which we currently hold, I'll talk about my experience.    I'm completely against jacking the price up to any other price, it should stay at 210 seals for rank no.1 because I paid more than  $100 worth of gems which I, along with team members, converted to seals.   I didn't get seals for free.    Based on this i expect the Legendary Chest price to stay the same.     I belive the issue is that the Chest is only available for ranks 1 & 2.    I belive it should be available to top 10 but at different lower discounts.    Start from 210 then move upwards.    If we, rank 1, have to pay 2,100 for it, then at what price would rank 10 get it, for example ?   That's why you shouldn't talk about rewards of ranks you have not experienced yourself.     Also you need to add a Legendary Stronghold Chest in addition to bringing back GW Armors and Weapons.    Once Gameloft does what I'm proposing you will see insane competition and Gameloft will start making money again as well as stop the trend / waves of thousands of players that are leaving DH5.    

One of the things that worry me deeply about DH5 is that I sometimes feel Gameloft is holding back on the rewards because they only want to introduce what players really want to see in DH6.    In other words If they give us what we ask for in DH5,  they worry there might not be sufficient interest in DH6 when it gets released.   Gameloft please don't hold back, make this game fun again, exactly like it used to be,  please.

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

@Ranshassi: Pls read again. here's a summary
1)The price was increased due to an issue. Although it's bad in the mean time, as long as this abuse exists, top rewards must be pricy.
2) Easy access devaluates the chest. Odds will be forced to decrease. In turn that means people are getting worse for 99€ (or dollars for you)
Just think about it, if for $100 you get $700 worth of goods, how will GL win money on that? They will obviously decrease the odds from the chest till your $700 are equal to what once was $100.
no avatar

ranshassi

Google Play (Android)

I agree with you that the rewards in relation to any rank must be confined to the players that actually played and achieved that particular rank.     In terms of the Legendary Chest price I'm completely against increasing its price.    It must stay at 210 seals because I paid more than  $100 to get gems which I chose to convert to seals. These seals are not free.   I'm also not getting  $700 worth of Legendary Chests as you state.    That is absolute nonsense because after opening 7 Legendary Chests throughout this week, I did not get a signal Legendary item and got nothing more than garbage  (7 super fusion Armors).    That's why if you haven't personally experienced a specific rank, you are not in a position to really talk about it.     You simply don't have the depth.

dummy0151

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Weyhausen, Germany

@max
fails to see the points in me post... btw have you checked that pm?

#Topic
//* saw 5 pages, all opinions one might say. all a bunch of accumulated whine a realistic person would say //*

since max gave me a noogie, let's go:

Guild $$$ Rewards - think a bit mai devs, players at the top pretty much have a load of things, the trinkets are a go, the chest as well (case "*luck*") and to make the new system to become in synergy you guys already did what was needed, still, to make tops award interesting there needs to be a dynamic rotation, yeah that sounds **** but then again, rewarding folks that already have everything with stuff they already have is also ****...

i don't really want to say what they should get or else there will be some type of "no top1? shutup" player (like the "no legendary? shutup" annoying folks), but it's rather easy to check on what they will feel most into, by making rewarding "odd" you can gather data to get more accurate on the next gw rewards, try evo mats, elemental/skill/vip chests and stuff like that, just make sure top1 gets more than top2, top gets more than top3... and so bleeding on.

Guild Shop Rewards - well it's kinda obvious that restricting access to player after ranking X is a dumb move, evilbane is doing that and people are hating them for it. saw the legendary chest "talk", then again you guys should use the common sense (at least once, even if viv exec nags...), get a value for a item, add discounts and check if fair, obviously getting a value like 10.000 for a item with a "low value" (fusion booster) is a dumb move but it's a start, apply the ranking discounts and see if its fair for all, same thing with legendary chest, also give a look on current/previous gw, a ton of points, that means alot of attacks (excluding the extra % that is added to main guild score), to precisely calculate that is insanity and one someone with alot of free time would do it, do a perposition, like to get at top1, players need have X points (do it in test server, try making 10 guilds get this gw top10 points and check attack point count), for that let's divide that by 7 (number of seals given), then you will have a start on how to calculate the points maximum item point required to buy stuff (as in for lower ranks all you need to do is notice that they often die on attacks or other guilds make more attacks, thus "less seals" than top1 folks), actually DO that, DON'T rely on others feedback for it, honestly, people are prone to distort that cause they "can".

have i told you the definition of insanity? that rank block on item buy is close to it.
http://mobileforum.gameloft.com/forum_revamp/viewtopic.php?f=1816&t=255419
@Gameloft
XP rates have been adjusted to offer a better gaming experience. Thanks,

I do QA's job better than them, and i'm not even paid to that! that's why i'm not reporting the glitches either... 
no avatar

Josh_Levy

Let's discuss for a second the ludicrious logic Gameloft has used to come up with scrolls required to purchase a legendary chest (in the guild shop). 

Anyone for $99USD (equivalent of 1400 gems), can purchase a legendary bundle. However, a legendary bundle includes 1 legendary chest, 1 gear chest, 1 SH chest and 560 gems (energy and boosters). So the actual leg chest is only worth about 700 gems, as it's only half of what you get total. 

Spending 700 gems on reloads in guild war can net you a maximum of 588 scrolls (700/25x21 = 588). So if the idea is to motivate players to spend gems to reload during war, rather then buy legendary chest bundles outright, 2100/2400 pricing is absolutely absurd. 

The maximum a legendary chest should cost in the guild shop is 588 scrolls. Since the goal is to get people to spend more, it should be discounted further to give people an incentive. So in my opinion, 500 scrolls would be reasonable, 450 scrolls even better. 210/240 was on the right track, price it there and GW would have been worth fighting for the top 2 spots. Keep it at 2100/2400 and watch GW erode away as it should.