Discuss with the Dev Team!

Raziel619

My squad currently has always existed in the top 10 bracket in gws and I’ll only flame about the rewards for guilds ranking 3-10. The issues with the guild shop have already been outlined by players above and I mostly agree with them. In context, Guild Wars is supposed to be DH5’s most premium event but is absolutely not right now if one compares the reward from the traditional Wanted Challenge.

Currently, if I spend a total of 2 hours on a WC (as a free player) to reach 66k points, I can get the following:
  • 1 t3 trinket
  • Approx. 50 gems (considering I have to spend some earned along the way to get to 66k)
  • 40k quartz
  • 200k gold
  • 9 t3 boosters
  • 10 t4 boosters
  • A bunch of xp
Of course the rewards above would be obtained using energy recharged over the entire period but in all it’s about 2 hours playing in game.

Now consider GW where I spend about 12 hours (really rough estimate, could be more but not less) IN GAME playing. The rewards I get are now:
  • 1 t3 trinket
  • Approximately 600 scrolls
  • 12% discount in guild shop – (negligible really)

Look at that HUGE difference in rewards there, it is so ridiculously ****. The previous reward system gave 4 gear chests which sort of makes up the difference but given the vast gap in extra time playing, it’s still very ****. From the reward system alone, it is very clear that Wanted Challenge is the game’s premier event and GW falls very very far behind it.
As Tyrael said, gems need to be put in gw and chests (I disagree with putting back gw gear).

Tyrael

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

By the comparison you put. Much rather do the WC event and skip guild war all together. 

Blessed be our Lord Almighty who watches from the Heaven....

book

I like guild wars, they're loads of fun, and the dynamic is mostly good. However, there should be no award of frenzy points or scrolls for successful raids against no-stars-left opponents. That skews the game away from fun battling into weird grinding.

As for the rewards, the guild shop goods should change randomly every week, so that no one knows exactly what they're fighting for. Fairly certain that mystery leads to a lot more spending, or no one would ever spend gems to open any of the random-pull chests in DH5. Use that to have some fun mixing up the guild shop, instead of the same boring thing every time. The guild shop idea is good, but it's too much predictable goods shop and too little surprise-prize shop.

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

I think we do need more rank and rewards that are actually rewarding. It takes a lot to achieve a rank both as a guild and as a player. The guild system creates a really strong social aspect and that is what keep most players palying this game. So I think we should have some more ways to earn scrolls too. I will go over everything. Reward scheme, price of items and ways to earn war seals (WS). BTW, I will go as if hacker weren't a huge issue for some platforms. I believe this talk belong to another thread. Before we go, I do think the old WC items (2.5k stats) should have a mode of their own (bloodmatch) and be purchasable through a shop. It would make the game offer a bit more than the same grind all week. On the other hand, the easy approach would be to make them purchasable in the guild shop.

First, the reward scheme. I proposed a reward scheme in another post of mine, I'll use the same one as core for this suggestion. Starting from rank11, each bracket is twice as large as the precedent. We gradually increase the competition from player that spend neither time nor gems, to those that spend one or a mix (top70), to those that spend a lot of time or quite some time and gems (top30). And last the bulk of GL's revenue, those that spend a lot of time and a lot of gems (or all their time).
To reward those guilds and those players, shop rewards should be the primary reward. They should be good, the should be affordable. Ranking rewards are a base but should not be the bulk of it. At higher rank, you really get the discount as reward instead of something amazingly special.
601-7000: --> a meager reward for playing once
- Ranking: 2 t4 booster for just playing
- Shop: Discount: 0%. Rewards: just the basic consumable (potion, energy, stamina)
301-600: -->help player character to grow
- Ranking: 1 gear chest, 4 t4 boosters
- Shop: Discount: 0%. Rewards: gear chest and t3 boosters
151-300: -->Allow player to increase the pace at which they improve their stronghold
- Ranking: 2 elemental chests
- Shop: Discount: 5%. Rewards: stronghold chest and t4 boosters
71-150: -->offer player items they can choose (or open up evolution of bloodmatch items)
- Ranking: 2 t2 trinkets (no need for chest with WC items purchasable)
- Shop: Discount: 10%. Rewards: t5 evo mat for WC and WC items (2.5k stats)
31-70: -->Now players can fully evolve the WC items
- Ranking: 1 t3 trinket
- Shop: Discount: 20%. Rewards: t6 evo mat for WC and skill chest
11-30: -->Time gear up and threaten the strong guilds (but slow progression to encourage buying)
- Ranking: 2 t3 trinket
- Shop: Discount: 25%. Rewards: VIP chest and rush tickets
6-10: -->Ease of maxing gear, farming, etc. Gained convenience
- Ranking: 3 t3 trinkets, 1 VIP chest, + 100 VIP points (for those that makes top10 free every 2 month)
- Shop: Discount: 30%. Rewards: t5 boosters + Champion chest
4-5: -->Max the sf points on gear and sh (especially champs)
- Ranking: 4 t3 trinkets, 1 VIP chest, + 100 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 40%. Rewards: SF boosters, Legendary chest (pricy but with good drop rate (30-50% for a legendary))
3: -->Faster leveling to stay on top of the game
- Ranking: 5 t3 trinket, 10 eggs, 2 VIP chest, + 100 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 50%. Rewards: t6 boosters (to be created)
2: --> So close, but not rank 1
- Ranking: 5 t3 trinket, 25 eggs, 3 VIP chest, + 500 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 50%. Rewards: No idea. Any consolation prise?
1: -->Ultime, most demanded reward...changing weapon type on t4 and t5 trinkets
- Ranking: 1 t4 trinket (or 8 t3 and 37 eggs), one ten pull of VIP chests, +1000 VIP points
- Shop: Discount: 50%. Rewards:special crafting material to change t4/t5 trinket weapon type. New recipes to add

In second would be the price of items in the guild shop. I will include how many times you can purchase it. The price doesn't include the discount at the rank at which the reward unlocks. All rewards aren't meant to be obtaibable ever week.
- Consumables: health potion and rush tickets: 7WS and limited to 10 per day. Stamina and energy refills, 35WS and limited to 5 per day.
- Chests: Gear chest and Stronghold chest at 140 WS, Skill chest at 420 WS, VIP chest at 420WS, Champion chest at 700 WS. All limited to one per day. Legendary chest cost 1000WS and can be opened X time a week (X depends on guild rank).
- WC items: 700WS for the t3 item, limited to one per week. The t5 evolution material cost 100WS and the t6 evolution material cost 300WS, they are limited to 3 per week.
- Materials: Boosters are limited to 4 per days. t3 = 14WS, t4=28WS, t5=56WS, t6=112WS. SF boosters=150 WS. Crafting material to change weapon type in trinkets is limited to 1 per week (I would rather say 2) and cost 1000WS.

And in third, I'ld like to talk about war seals earnings. I think the base earning are fine if we had some team aspect to the earnings. So, 3WS, the armoury raid, 7WS the raid. As for the war objectives, they will give war seals at the end of the war (the battle). They are:
- Players gain an additional war seal for raids and armoury raids based on how long they have been in the guild, +1WS per 2 weeks up to +3WS.
- 1 WS to every players that participated in a battle when frenzy was activated for every raid under frenzy. For instance, guildmates do 20 raid under frenzy, everyone that raided at least once during the battle get +20WS. Even those that raided only the armoury receive this.
- 25WS for raiding succesfully an enemy in a war where the guild gets the first battle quest.
- 75WS for raiding succesfully an enemy in a war where the guild gets the second battle quest.
- 3WS for each time your stronghold defend during war
- 25WS for having your stronghold undefeated at the end of a war (even if it was never attacked)
- 20WS for not reffiling moral during war and using at least 4 moral (to reward free to play, but not enough to overthrow battle quests)
I know it will take some programming to do. But giving some objectives is a good way to make things more fun, especially if they are active objectives. Like not jsut raiding the armoury, but making sure the guild get the most out of frenzy. The key is to encourage team play. I know over the course of war, thanks to this, many war seals can be earned, but if you want a trully rewarding expereince, some players should be able to buy a lot, almost everything (top3 guilds for instance).

Last point, the guild shop should be based on the guild you played the war with. Until the next guild war is over, you keep the guild shop of the guild you fought with. Even if you get kicked out, even if you join another guild. This should prevent unfair kicking and jumping guilds just to buy better rewards.

PS: I know the devs were originally against the idea of changing weapon type for trinkets, but do consider this for the top1 guild. No one actuvely farm for the t5 trinket, so wouldn't this be economically viable. And also drive up the competion for both rank 1 and events that reward t4 trinkets.

[Edit 1] Changed the reward scheme and pricing based on interresting suggestions. Added a loyalty bonus war seals for sticking with your guild.
no avatar

Aceman26

Wow, people calm down! Asking to get the whole world for GW is just wrong - stop whining about you want to get the whole game gear + VIP 10 after 4-5 GWs...

Overall the system is good, but I have few comments:
1) Per raid seals - I think seals should be given even if you loose - thats how players will not go always for easy targets but get compansation for loosing - I say 3 seals for loosingr, 7 or even 9 for winning.
2) Over all rewards - up to 51 - the rewards are fine.
3) Ranks 11-50 - I think it whould be broken to 2 groups with minor differences. Moreover, players on guild 11-50 are divided between players that need trinkets and players that seak gear - 1 T3 trinket + 1/2 chest would be a better reward.
4) Ranks 7-10 should get 2 T3s
5) Ranks 3-5 should get 3 T3s 
6) Rank 2 should get 4 T3s or 3 T3s + another reward (leg chest/ SF boosters - a useful reards)
7) Rank 1 is fine.
8) I think that fusion booster should be open for top 50 (or even top 25).
9) Restrictions for 1 purchase per day of energy, stamina and fusion booster is a bit strict - it should be loosen up - 3 a day sound like a good numer.

We must remember that TOP 10 guild are (at least on iOS) hard working players that uses gems to be top 10 and they should get much better rewards.

Thanks for listening.
no avatar

DanMac

Google Play (Android)

Limiting the WC materials to top two guilds is ridiculous anyone in these guilds will have better gear and little to no interest in the materials I suggest making them available to all but with a high price 2000 scrolls then players can work hard for a real reward. This may satisfy the ever growing number of veteran players growing frustrated with the current reward systems.

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

Aceman, do the math. It's not about getting everyting, it's about giving access to a lot. The goal of the guild shop is to increase the player participation, and have no leech. And for GL, the goal is to increase the competition. On an individual scale, you spend either time or money. However, if one spend more time, others, to keep the same rank, will have to spend more time or more money. Enticing rewards, by access and not by price for low guild means they have a reson to fight, but never will they aquire everything in one weekend. However, you did increase the base requirement of war points for each guild to stay in a league. Competition push from the bottom.

With very clear cut advantages in lower leagues, people will go for WC items because the lotery system doesn't give anything desired most of the time. Once they have their t5 WC items, they must give a push to get in the league above to evolve their item to t6. So, periodicaly, some of the 80 guilds of rank 71-150 will try to get amongst the 40 guilds of rank 31-70. You give a reason to move up from time to time. Also, as WC items were made accessible, general chest rewards were removed. Meaning, those guild will have to buy gear chests to get skill items, or have a reson to move up to get the skill chest.
Then the leagues 31-70 get properly outfitted,  but likely have no legendary items, which makes it dangerous to raid blind in war. Once they have enough war seals, they will in turn give a push for rank 11-30.
Last, the top10 leagues have been clearly made as a competition zone for top1. You get benefits for being better than rank 11-30, but not that much more. Most of the benefit are actually, you play more, you get more war seals than the rest. With the possibility of saving up energy and stamina refills for the WC and the guild tournament (which is equivalent ot 50 gems per day). You have enough to buy chests and still save up. The VIP points rewards are not for the regulars btw, they are close, or already VIP10. They are for the guilds that save up gems for months and then hit the war hard. VIP0 players will get VIP3-5 in one war and VIP7 players will get VIP7 with one less purchase to do at best. Once again, do the math, it's rewarding, but not amazing for the regulars. It's a reward to stir things up. Keep top guilds on their toe knowing they have a couple of guilds that will barge in and take top10 by a storm every now and then.

Last, do consider the war objectives to get more seals. They seem nice, enticing and although there is one for free players, you get much more if you gem. And it's clearly only a perk to the bottom guilds (less than top30) that will do all objectives in a battle zero to three times per weekend. Only the regular top10 guilds can sustain that pace. GL's current system is the more you pay, the more you play. Here, we had a snowballing effect in there. The more you p(l)ay, the more you earn. It's not merely proportional anymore. And many top guilds stop some war at 70 stars taken (free play or saving up gems), now, they have a reson to gem to get that second battle quest.

The guild shop rewards players that war a lot. The goal is to increase the competition. GL should capitalise on the fact that it allows for a one off, save up war seals, hit the leagues above hard every now and then. As you move up, each bracket hold half the guilds. What if you give a reson for all the guilds in the bracket to move up once in a while? It gives movement to the current stasis of each bracket. No certainty. Top50 has been 65k WP for 5 weeks now on iOS EU/USA. There are no reson for lower guilds to give a push, to become a threat. Free and semi free  players will use the buffering aspect of the guild shop to up their gain from time to time. Which will in turn force paying players to pay more from time to time to keep their edge. Paying payers will pay, just increase the base line. No need to make free player spend money. The time they spend will force other's money out of their pocket.

Tyrael

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

In simple Words, 

Gameloft needs to stop announcing that they going to return Trinkets to Guild Wars.

Restore the reason why folks love to battle in Guild Wars. 

1. Add the GEMS, Guild War or WC ITEMS, and chest to Guild Wars. Not just Top 2 GAMELOFT, the rest of the community needs help too not just the SUPER SPENDERS AND **** BOMBERS. 

2. Right now the Reward system of Guild war is considered "SUPER NERFED" and down right the hugest robbery ever.

3. Ask yourselves, why continue with limiting the rewards? Why the petty rewards? 

Thanks for listening...

Blessed be our Lord Almighty who watches from the Heaven....
no avatar

Rock007

The most afftected are 3rd to 10th rank guilds. Rewards have been hugely nerfed. The scrolls are not enough to buy even two two chests whereas earlier they used to give atleast 4 chests.
Now that the wanted challenge evolution materials are vailable in guild shop, at least the 2.5k t6 lvl 1 stat wanted challenge gears should be given to top 10 guilds.

Maciej K

Google Play (Android)

We all agree that GW rewards should be revamped, but the Dev.Team has probably a contrary point of view... The rewards are systematically decreased since the first GW cycle, which was the most successful and the most rewarding... so, maybe they should look back and improve that reward scheme »

» guilds below rank100 should be rewarded with boosters, usually they don't even try to complete battle quests, so giving them gear chests for nothing would be demotivating...
» guilds ranked 100-51 should be rewarded with gear chests, cuz at this lvl. will be hard to earn enough guild seals to obtain additional chests from the GuildShop... the quantity of chests maybe further adjusted eg. 1 chest » rank 100-76... 2 chests » rank 75-51
» guilds ranked 50-26 should additionally receive 1×3★ trinket apart from 2 gear chests... this way we'll avoid debates whether to stay intentionally lower for gear chest or aim higher but only for 1 trinket
» rank 25-11 » 1×3★ trinket + 3 gear chests
» rank 10-6 » 2×3★ trinket + 3 gear chests [for those who wanna spend their hard earned seals on something else] I like the idea of VIP chest as a reward but I don't think GL will sacrifice their carrot for high VIP players...
» rank 5 » 3×3★ trinket + [3 gear chests + 50% discount on standard chests unlocked in the GuildShop] 
» rank 4 » 4×3★ trinket + [as above]
» rank 3 » 5×3★ trinket + [as above]
» rank 2 » 5×3★ trinket + [as above + special discount on legendary chest unlocked in the GuildShop]
» rank 1 » 1×4★ trinket + [as above] 

This is a basic reward scheme that can be implemented immediately and should be improved in the future to offer an opportunity to choose a weapon bonus of won 4★ trinket » instead of sending 4★ trinkets to the inventory, special order form should be unlocked in the GuildShop to enable the choice of weapon bonus...

Also, guild leaders should have an option to set up a limit of war points, below which any rewards would be blocked...  [max. 4k to avoid abuse] the limit should be set before the first battle and should be unchangeable during war « such option will eliminate freeloaders for good...  :!

Further improvements may include exclusive champions as GW rewards or even the return of GW gear...