Discuss with the Dev Team!

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

Re: Let's Talk: Guild Wars

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:53 am
@neeraj: The purpose of guild officer is to cover the off tme of the guild leader. Ask your guild leader to choose a guild officer that can start a war for the members that are not online at the same time as him.

@DPS: From what you wrote I suppose there can be more than one guild officer, is that right?

koschwarz

Veteran

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:24 am
I read through this topic. I have a BAAAAAD feeling about this. You know, those cheater guilds...will take everything.
What were those monstrosities?

Platform: Android 4.4.2
Referral Code: 271a3
Guild: NEXXUS

Gameloft_DPS

Dev Team

Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:18 pm
Hey folks,

Another round of questions!
---
Q: Will the guildwars gear be usable outside guildwars?
A: Yes, it is like any other gear.
---
Q: Will guild leaders be able to easily rotate their guild officers? (for example one week member1 is the officer, second week member2 is the officer so on and so forth)
A: Yes. The guild leader can promote or demote officers at will. You can also promote multiple officers.
---
Q: Do armory raids also earn you war points or just points to build Battle Frenzy?
A: They also earns War Points, but far fewer than attacking a player. The War Points earned are based on the number of objects you were able to destroy.
---
Q: How will my guild mates take part in the Guild War if they are spread out in different time zones?
A: You can still start separate battles at different times of the day. This could mean that your guild won't be at full strength for each battle, so achieving Battle Quests and Victory Bonuses will be a bit tougher, but you will still be able to earn the same amount of points for attacking enemies. If your guild is spread out in different time zones, make sure you promote at least one officer in each time zone so they can start battles when the Guild Leader is absent.
---
Q: Have you guys ever wondered about a Guild Shop?
A: It has definitely been considered, but there are no plans for a Guild Shop at this time. We considered letting players spend the War Points they earned, but that makes it confusing whether the points are for you, or for your Guild. The alternative was adding a currency that is awarded proportional to War Points earned, but that adds another layer to an already complicated system.

Since Guild Wars is one of our most complicated features, we didn't want to over-complicate it before getting feedback on the core mechanics. It already has two separate point systems (War Points and Battle Supplies), and multiple layers of timed effects (War duration, Battle duration, Battle Frenzy duration)... that's a lot of stuff!

If everything goes well, we may consider some system to reward players for their individual contributions, but we didn't want to put the bulk of the rewards in this kind of reward scheme because we wanted to support an "all for one and one for all" mentality with nobody left out.

I can't make any promises for the future, since right now these are all just ideas being tossed around at the studio.
---
Cheers!
-DPS
no avatar

gilwarrior

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:46 pm
The only efficient and satisfying countermeasure against cheaters is to implement a video recording of all the battles in order to be able to check afterward if somebody used some hacks.
The competition in Legendary leagues is actually completely biased because of many cheaters using "no cooldown" hacks on skills... 
The rest is just blabla....
Gameloft_DPS wrote:
Hi folks,

I spoke with the members of our team working on cheater prevention. Here are the answers:
---
Q: What will you do to prevent cheaters?
A:
  1. In this update we will be launching a new anti-hack, anti-cheat system. More news on that will follow in the coming days.
  2. We are in the process of culling cheaters from the leaderboards, removing rewards from known cheaters and giving them to the players who deserved the reward.
    We can use your help on this! If you see cheaters, please open a ticket. This helps us populate our lists of "suspected cheaters" for the verification process.
  3. We are also in the process of checking reported Guilds to see if their Guild Bonuses were actually purchased and scale them back down if they were not. Once again, you can help us out by opening a Ticket if you see a Guild you suspect hasn't earned their bonuses.
  4. With the launch of Guild Wars, we will be giving higher scrutiny to the top Guilds in the leaderboards. These are valuable rewards, so we don't want deserving players to miss out.
  5. Because Guild Wars will require cooperative effort between 10+ players, it will be more difficult for individual cheaters to succeed.
---
Cheers,
-DPS

neeraj_malpani

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:50 am
Aqvi Teig wrote:
@neeraj: The purpose of guild officer is to cover the off tme of the guild leader. Ask your guild leader to choose a guild officer that can start a war for the members that are not online at the same time as him.

@DPS: From what you wrote I suppose there can be more than one guild officer, is that right?

Does It mean a guild War can be declayed as many time as officer or GL wants ...??? or War can be declayed only for a limited time with limited count ??  

-----------------------------------------------
Mr J
WINDOW 10, APA SERVER

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:02 am
From what I understood, within the three days the guild wars can take place, you can declare war as many time as you want. A war will last one hour and you cannot start a war whilst already playing one. However to play the different event of the war you use a special kind of energy, morale. And you don't win war points for defending, you just stop your enemy from getting some. Based on that, I would advise to always check if those who are going to fight in the war have full morale.

@DPS: Which bring me to some questions, only the first that I would like answered before waging war. The other I can see in game without testing. My questions are:
- What is the replenishing time for the morale?
- How much morale do we have?
- Is it static like stamina (not bound to level)?
- Does armoury raid consume morale?
- Do raid and armoury raid consume the same amount of moral?

neeraj_malpani

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 am
during guild war ..can other guild attack inactive member of attacked guild or not or only active member will be attacked ??
-----------------------------------------------
Mr J
WINDOW 10, APA SERVER

dummy0151

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Weyhausen, Germany

Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:10 pm
Aqvi Teig wrote:
From what I understood, within the three days the guild wars can take place, you can declare war as many time as you want. A war will last one hour and you cannot start a war whilst already playing one. However to play the different event of the war you use a special kind of energy, morale. And you don't win war points for defending, you just stop your enemy from getting some. Based on that, I would advise to always check if those who are going to fight in the war have full morale.

@DPS: Which bring me to some questions, only the first that I would like answered before waging war. The other I can see in game without testing. My questions are:
- What is the replenishing time for the morale?
- How much morale do we have?
- Is it static like stamina (not bound to level)?
- Does armoury raid consume morale?
- Do raid and armoury raid consume the same amount of moral?

by reading the morale thing gives a hint about armory raid costing a little less than attacking normal players, but take me for instance, my guild is filled with low levels (10~25) while we can coordinate for all of them "keep armory", i can swipe out the other guys, so i hope they find a way to balance this, since matchmaker will prob throw my guild against high level people (for my other clan mates). balancing the power with frenzy requirement to keep a fair fight if a guild has too much low levels or is built by low levels.

and as it may sound like a disrespect, i laughed at the guild war shop idea being complicated "super duper ultra hard", simply look at summoners wars, it has one of the best guild war system even if it is "different" when comparing their core (from games i've been playing with such feature)

dps can you clear to me why the tier 6 armors look like their tier 5 variant and simply have some sfx on then? (check t6 light, it has a spark feature but it do not look like tier 6 at all)

also, do the armory team (people responsible for items in there) have a idea of what to do with the Serie 1.5 items? (a look change, be able to become evolved to tier 4 with a new look...) i still have those items and i fairly believe they need a little attention... (lithan, thunor and their friends)
http://mobileforum.gameloft.com/forum_revamp/viewtopic.php?f=1816&t=255419
@Gameloft
XP rates have been adjusted to offer a better gaming experience. Thanks,

I do QA's job better than them, and i'm not even paid to that! that's why i'm not reporting the glitches either... 

JerryArrison

Apple (iOS)

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:56 am
Let's talk why would I trust any of the dev team's information?

maybe we can actually fix something (correctly) before moving on to the new thing?

Otherwise we can just expect another assassin fiasco, illegitimate bans of non-cheaters while other players **** to 800% guild bonuses, constant freezing causing loss of trophies in the (absurdly strategize do) raid tournament, tweaks to ToE where the T3 trinket is available in level 99 one week and  level 12 the next... 

I can can go on, but why keep talking to deaf ears? 

Read the forum, dev team.

Gameloft_DPS

Dev Team

Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:18 pm
Hey folks,

First Guild Wars will start in less than 2 days! In the mean time, here are some more answers:
---
Q: Is Morale static like stamina (not bound to level)?
A: Yes.
---
Q: Does armory raid consume Morale? Does it cost as much as raiding a player?
A: Yes. Armory currently costs as much as raiding a player. This may be adjusted later, but it is more likely that if players don't find Armory to be an attractive enough option to incorporate it into their strategy, we would buff the Battle Supply drop rate rather than change the energy cost.
---
Q: During the Guild War, can the other guild attack inactive members of the attacked guild?
A: Yes. However, if a user has been inactive for an extremely long period of time (for instance they have not played since a previous update), they will be removed from the list and not counted towards Battle Quests. This is to prevent players from exploiting legacy stronghold configurations as we continue to update the stronghold system.
---
Cheers!
-DPS