Discuss with the Dev Team!
no avatar

Stefann_Stefan

Re: Let's Talk: Guild Wars

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:53 pm
Maybe it's a mistake and that stats are from 125 level....Personally i don't find any benefit of releasing that armors and weapons. Only few players will get and will be invincible. And again i say those stats are ridiculous increased. I spent many many gems at WC's and after this release my items will be trash...Think about all the fair players who spend gems at WC's with all this cheaters arround.
no avatar

colapepsi

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:46 pm
Gameloft_DPS wrote:
A: I'm afraid I can't address cheating issues, as those are handled by another part of the team. I'm on the design team, so for this thread I'm going to focus on the mechanics of Guild Wars, but I totally understand your frustration with these bad eggs in the community.
---
Cheers
-DPS

Conveniently swiped away with two words 'bad eggs'. Distancing himself from the 'another part of the team', as instructed by the design team. So that he can conveniently continue to market the coming update.

There's no way he can 'understand our frustration', without putting money on the table. So that's a lie.

Maciej K

Google Play (Android)

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:28 pm
Stefann_Stefan wrote:
Maybe it's a mistake and that stats are from 125 level....

YUP, I guess those stats reflect maxed out items...

Gameloft_DPS

Dev Team

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:53 pm
Hi folks,

I spoke with the designer in charge of gear balancing and got some more details for you about the new gear. Here are a few more answers:
---
Q: Will the Guild War weapons/armor be stronger than Wanted Challenge? Will weapons/armors keep getting outdated?
A: This is a very good question. Wanted Challenge is a single-player challenge, whereas Guild Wars is both cooperative and competitive, so the rewards will naturally be much sweeter.

To address the "power creep" I can tell you the following:
  1. Guild Wars weapons and armor will be much more powerful than Wanted Challenge gear.
  2. WC gear was rotated out fairly quickly, whereas GW gear will stay on top for much longer. Also, we intend to release the new GW gear every 2 weeks, so it will take longer to release the gear of each element.
  3. The power gap between the first wave of GW gear and the next round will be much smaller. This means that although the "power jump" up to GW armor will be initially quite large, subsequent increases will be in small increments.
  4. With the recent changes to the combat formula, large differences in power have less impact than previously, so the effect of slightly better gear won't be as overwhelming as it was previously.
---
Q: What happens when the game crashes during the attack on enemy; do we lose that specific energy, do we lose the match, do we start again, or do we continue where the game crashed?
A: Because this is a PvP mode, the energy will be lost. Otherwise, players would just close the app when it looked like they were going to lose. It wouldn't be fair to players who invest in their stronghold defense if enemies have unlimited tries to beat them.
---
Q: Will Guild Wars have top-10 player rewards?
A: No. All participating players in a Guild will the rewards earned by that Guild. To participate, you will have to earn War Points for your guild at some point during the event. We hope this will address the problem of free-loaders without punishing active players who happen to not be at the top of the Guild.
---
Q: Will there be a "rush" option?
A: No. Because this mode uses Stronghold PvP at its core, players will be unable to "rush" raiding each other. This means that you will have to actually fight if you want to win ;)
---
Q: Will officers be able to kick guild leaders and take their guild for themselves?
A: No, there will not be a "mutiny" feature ;)
We realize that Guilds with inactive leaders can be frustrating, but we don't want people having their Guilds stolen from them. For this reason, Officers will not be able to kick Leaders or other Officers; they will only be able to kick Member rank players. If you need to remove an inactive Guild Leader, please submit a Ticket.
---
Q: Will it be divided into "miniservers" with a maximum of players to join, then get on another server?
A: No, we are avoiding using separate leaderboards so Guilds do not get a "lucky" advantage by being placed in a different leaderboard.
---
Q: Will it have a new icon and a new loading screen?
A: The game icon will have a PvP label on it, and we will have a sweet new Guild Wars themed loading screen.
---
Cheers,
-DPS

Gameloft_DPS

Dev Team

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:59 pm
Hi folks,

I spoke with the members of our team working on cheater prevention. Here are the answers:
---
Q: What will you do to prevent cheaters?
A:
  1. In this update we will be launching a new anti-hack, anti-cheat system. More news on that will follow in the coming days.
  2. We are in the process of culling cheaters from the leaderboards, removing rewards from known cheaters and giving them to the players who deserved the reward.
    We can use your help on this! If you see cheaters, please open a ticket. This helps us populate our lists of "suspected cheaters" for the verification process.
  3. We are also in the process of checking reported Guilds to see if their Guild Bonuses were actually purchased and scale them back down if they were not. Once again, you can help us out by opening a Ticket if you see a Guild you suspect hasn't earned their bonuses.
  4. With the launch of Guild Wars, we will be giving higher scrutiny to the top Guilds in the leaderboards. These are valuable rewards, so we don't want deserving players to miss out.
  5. Because Guild Wars will require cooperative effort between 10+ players, it will be more difficult for individual cheaters to succeed.
---
Cheers,
-DPS

dummy0151

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Weyhausen, Germany

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 pm
Gameloft_DPS wrote:
Gameloft_DPS

dps clear a thing for me;

have you guys ever wondered about a Guild Shop? lately in "trending" games there is such thing, for instance. as you mentioned, when a player successfully attacks a enemy, he will get contribution points, so these points are somewhat a currency (sort of like VP style, how much you won is how much yu have) then in the guild page, there is a "Guild Shop" tab, where players can buy stuff with the mentioned points...

TL;DR: will there be guild shop where i can buy stuff with mah contrib points? like the GW sets at 3*, a "Platinum Chest", Minion Pieces... and so on...
http://mobileforum.gameloft.com/forum_revamp/viewtopic.php?f=1816&t=255419
@Gameloft
XP rates have been adjusted to offer a better gaming experience. Thanks,

I do QA's job better than them, and i'm not even paid to that! that's why i'm not reporting the glitches either... 
no avatar

Huzefa_Patheria

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:19 am
Hey, One thing I would like to be added to those rewards list would be skill items. I have some sortt of a bad luck. I can't get good skill items from Chests. Would it be possible to add the latest skill items of that Guild War gear element to the Reward list. This way atleast we could have 1 powerful skill every 2 weeks.

Wolfbite22

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:24 pm
DPS, 

Will the guildwars gear be usable outside guildwars?

Because their stats are insanely high. They could easily overthrow any legendary gear wearing players.

Raziel619

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:01 pm
Questions:

1. Will guild leaders be able to easily rotate their guild officers? (for example one week member1 is the officer, second week member2 is the officer so on and so forth)
2. Does armory raids also earn you war points or just points to build battle frenzies?
3. (A little off point here) Given the feedback you guys received on the rewards system for WC, is the next update still only going to reward WC t6 evo mats to top 50 only or will it be expanded to top 500?

neeraj_malpani

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:49 am
What If war is declared by GL or officer (time duration is one hour as explained) and some member are not online due to geo location and time zone ..how will they take part ... 

For an eg. MY GL is from India ( GMT+ 5:30) and I am from malaysia (GMT+8) and some members are from australia(GMT+10). Now my GL is comfortable 10:00 PM IST by that time in malaysia its 00:30 AM and in Aus it will be 02:30 AM ..how we guys will manage to play ..since time duration is only one hour
-----------------------------------------------
Mr J
WINDOW 10, APA SERVER