Discuss with the Dev Team!
no avatar

AstroErnie

Apple (iOS)

Re: Let's Talk: Guild Wars

Sat May 14, 2016 12:35 pm
Thank you for the detailed reply. The algorithm for guild strength relies on trophy count and player level. However, player trophy count is a poor measure of strength: it is an indirect measure at best, and as you wrote, it can be manipulated by players to be artificially low. (Player health, attack, armor, etc are more direct measures of strength.)

But assuming that player trophy count is a valid measure, we were still grossly overmatched:
-The median player trophy count of their members is 2103. Our median player trophy count is 983. (Their *lowest* player trophy count is 1540.)

And as I wrote before, their player levels were also wildly higher than ours:
-The median level of their members is 100. The median level of our members is 41. (Their *lowest* level member is 69.)
-They have 21 players at level 100 or above. We have 1 player above level 100.

Your algorithm matched Barça against a grammar school football team. Something is wrong.

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

Sat May 14, 2016 3:11 pm
@Astro: this is not the algorithm of the game. It's one of my own creation that I'm suggesting to the devs. I thought how one could have a fairer matching algorithm because of the matching problem many face, including us. We are a medium guild (average trophies of 1800 roughly), so unlike you we will get lucky from time to time. Which means our opponent get another unlucky draw.

As for other criteria.... health is just level of the player. Attack and armour are even easier to manipulate than stronghold ranks. It doesn't take long to switch sets. And if you check the five sets, it just take a couple of minute to equip/unequip everything.That's why level is more important than trophies, but trophies matter as well because they show what the player achieved.
no avatar

AstroErnie

Apple (iOS)

Re:

Sat May 14, 2016 3:46 pm
Aqvi Teig wrote:
@Astro: this is not the algorithm of the game.

@Aqvi: My apologies. I'm still new at this.

I see what you mean about the potential for manipulation of attack and armor set-by-set.

It would be interesting to know what the Gameloft's method of matching actually is. Our Guild's battles have been very one-sided recently.

Maciej K

Google Play (Android)

Mon May 16, 2016 5:38 am
GUILDWAR REWARD SCHEME » SUGGESTION »

HELLO DPS,
I've noticed that in the Light GuildWar event the reward for the 3rd place has been changed and now both #2 & #3 offer an armor...

So, I'd like to suggest further changes by alternating the rewards »
1st place » full GuildWar set » armor + weapon
2nd place » weapon + chests
3rd place » armor + chests

This change could revamp the competition, cuz now #3 guild really has no incentives to reach for #2
no avatar

Samaritan

Google Play (Android)

Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 pm
This has been bothering me for a while now. Why can't you make it where the higher your rank, the more prizes you get.

For example, in this most recent GW, from 7000-251 got boosters. 250-101 got 50 gems. But only 50 gems. Not the 2 boosters below it. Why would the guild that placed in the higher rank not get both prizes? Why only 50 gems?

I believe that GW would be better if the rewarded guilds got the rewards at their rank and every reward below that. This comes along with a few exceptions such as the weapon/armor and chests do not stack.
no avatar

AstroErnie

Apple (iOS)

Fri May 20, 2016 7:07 pm
We're still being matched with wildly overpowered guilds. I described our match with HuntersBR earlier (see below). And we just got matched with Valhall:
-The median level of their members is 125. The median level of our members is 46.
-All of their members are level 95 or above. We have 1 player above level 95.
-They destroyed all of our stars with plenty of time to spare. All that any of us could do it putter around their armory.

I can't find any measure in which our two guilds are even remotely close. They seem to be twice as high as us on every statistic (including bonuses and tournament trophies).

It would be reassuring to hear from Gameloft that they are reconsidering the algorithm that is used for matching in Guild Wars battles.
AstroErnie wrote:
  1. A battle is 1 hour long, and is a match between two guilds based on an automatic matchmaking process.

Can you explain the matchmaking process? Our Guild (TheMTN) just got matched with HuntersBR.
The median level of their members is 100. The median level of our members is 41. Their *lowest* level member is 69.
They have 21 players at level 100 or above. We have 1 player above level 100.
no avatar

richard_wennerstrand

Fri May 20, 2016 9:46 pm
So after a few weeks of guild wars its hard for me to wrap my head around the point of even competing.  The same guild Blacklisted continues to win and get stronger where as every one else just becomes less and less capable of even touching them.   I understand you can ptw but maybe putting a restriction on being able to win back to back would promote some competition and not just letting the strong get stronger. Hey just my 2 cents.
no avatar

AstroErnie

Apple (iOS)

Sat May 21, 2016 3:41 pm
richard_wennerstrand wrote:
 and not just letting the strong get stronger.

As the Guild War continues, it seems more and more to be slanted to benefit guilds that are already strong. Once again, our guild has been matched with an outrageously stronger guild (Nutcrunchers): all of their members are over level 100, and we only have 1 member over 100. (Our median level is 60.) We seem to be cannon fodder for Gameloft to let high-powered guilds run up huge battle points.

ADDITION: We tried another battle this evening and got matched with Elysium. They're ranked 16th!!! Their mean level is 125 (ours is 60). They took all of our stars and still had 15 minutes left, but it looks that they got bored with fighting a guild as low as us so they left.

ANOTHER ADDITION (6 June 2016): It looks like Gameloft stopped monitoring this thread, so I stopped posting our mismatched Guild War battles. But in case Gameloft decides to read these in the future, the problem hasn't been addressed yet. We just finished a battle with Братство: Their mean level is 125 (ours is 74). All of their members are higher than all of our members (i.e., their lowest is higher than our highest).
no avatar

Prchr111

Mon May 23, 2016 4:58 am
1 question: Can an officer after given the position then kick the guild leader?

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

Mon May 23, 2016 9:03 am
An officer cannot promote/demote other guildmembers/officers or kick officers or kick the guild leader. Other than that, an officer can do anything a guild leader can.