Discuss with the Dev Team!

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

Re: Let's Talk: Guild Wars

Fri May 06, 2016 6:17 pm
@Luciphear: have your member that do not show been active since the update? And how do you know that you have only three member showing in the enemy list? Do the enemy get the battle quest for 500wp after defeating three of your members? And are those always the same members.

Luciphear

Google Play (Android)

Detroit area

Fri May 06, 2016 6:41 pm
I'm not sure of the active status of members since the upgrade off-hand, I'd have to take a look.  I'm not sure what shows in the enemy screen but the results screens show three members and the attacks against, or by, them.  The enemy guilds all get 500 points after beating the same three members.  

Basically, if it only recognizes members that have been recently active then I'm hosed as it appears there are only three of us and booting the other members would leave me with three active but seven too few to start a war.  I guess I'll use the war as a way to get a gear chest or two for each of the three of us and a quick 500 plus points for anyone we fight.  Peachy.

Basozz

Sun May 08, 2016 6:36 pm
What would happen when , for example , all players or significant percent of them on whole platform , after they played few battles , would be disabled to enter the game due some unpredictable bug or server issue or whatever?
I know that this is kind of hypotetical situation , but I would like to know that you have predicted all kind of stuff and have  teams ready for all kind of various situations.

GoodBoyDoingBadBoyThings

Mon May 09, 2016 10:52 am
My recommendation: The guild war reward (armor and weapon)'s attack and armor SHOULD be LOWER than those of the Legendary gears. Thanks.

Gameloft_DPS

Dev Team

Mon May 09, 2016 4:34 pm
Hi folks,

Here are some more answers to your questions:
---
Q: My guild has a lot of members who have been inactive for a while. Does this mean enemy guilds will be able to complete Battle Quests against us easily?
A: Sadly, yes. The alternative was to make Battle Quests based on flat numbers like "Defeat 10 different enemies" or "Collect all stars from 15 enemies." However, if we did this, guilds who got matched against a partially-inactive guild like yours would be unable to complete quests at all, which isn't fair to the more active guild.
---
Q: Will there be multiple Guild War events in the same week on Android?
A: This answer comes a bit late, but yes -- only for last week. The reason is that there was a bug preventing Android users from participating in the first Guild War event, so we ran the event in the middle of the week to compensate. Now that this has finished, Android users will return to the same schedule as everyone else (Friday to Sunday weekly).
---
Q: What does DPS stand for?
A: It stands for Dungeons Per Second, of course. ;-)
---
Cheers,
-DPS

GoodBoyDoingBadBoyThings

Mon May 09, 2016 4:44 pm
Why you keep advoiding aswering the question: "Why you guys make guild war gears powerful than legendary gears?"? 
Advoidance in conflict resolution definitely doesn't make the issue better but worse!
no avatar

Radamel_Falcao

Tue May 10, 2016 1:52 am
@Goodboy

The answer is quite simple . the gw gear is more powerfull cuz it involves much more gems than legendary items to be able to get them . and not so many people get the chance to have them .

Allastar

Google Play (Android)

Tue May 10, 2016 2:18 am
Basozz wrote:
What would happen when , for example , all players or significant percent of them on whole platform , after they played few battles , would be disabled to enter the game due some unpredictable bug or server issue or whatever?
I know that this is kind of hypotetical situation , but I would like to know that you have predicted all kind of stuff and have  teams ready for all kind of various situations.

Hmm... That's a great hypothetical question. I would like to know as well. Just in case something crazy like that would ever come to happen...
no avatar

AstroErnie

Apple (iOS)

Sat May 14, 2016 12:39 am
  1. A battle is 1 hour long, and is a match between two guilds based on an automatic matchmaking process.

Can you explain the matchmaking process? Our Guild (TheMTN) just got matched with HuntersBR.
The median level of their members is 100. The median level of our members is 41. Their *lowest* level member is 69.
They have 21 players at level 100 or above. We have 1 player above level 100.

Aqvi Teig

Veteran

Sat May 14, 2016 10:25 am
The matchmaking sytem could use some improvement. While it's not my place to do so, allow me to to set forth my thoughts on a simple matchmaking algorithm. BTW, I'm not english, so I may use the wrong words.

Each guild has a value C calculated from criterias to make a match fair. I use player trophy count and player level. The max waiting time is four minutes. The matching process goes like this:
- Guild start a war
- Phase 1: The system looks for a match with similar C value (+/-10%) and display "Searching for a guild of similar strength"
- This phase last for three minutes, if a match is found war starts. If no match is found, we move onto phase two
- Phase 2: The system search for a match with a guild in the queue and display "Searching for the closest guild available"
- This phase lasts for one minute.  If no match is found, the guild exit the battle queue and a pop up display "No guild available, please try again later"

Now I'll explain how phase 2 works. I'll explain how to calculate the value C last. Guild in the battle queue are classed from lowest C value to highest. To pick the closets guild available we take all the guild who are in phase two as well and start pairing them up from weakest guild to stronguest one. This way, we ensure the weakest guild will always fight the second weakest guild available. Not giving an option to leave the queue in this phase is crucial since weak guild would always leave the queue to not fight stronger guilds, which would forbid stronguer guilds from getting points, ever. Having the messages change from phase one to phase two is important as well. It shows there is a real attempt of fairness, but the guild had no luck.

Last, the value C. This value is calculated from average trophy count of the guild members and the average of trophy/level equivalent of the guild members.

C=avg(trophies)+2*avg(f(player level))           where f is the function trophy/level equivalent
We can see that player level count for twice the trophy count. The main reason is to stop players from dropping rank to affect the matchmaking process. I'll detail the function trophy=f(level), it looks more complicated than it actually is.

trophies=f(bpLVL)*(atan(slope*(bpLVL-1))+atan(slope*(level-bpLVL))
Where: bpLVL is the breakpoint level, I choose 2200=f(100), or a lvl100 player in veteran 3. So bpLVL=100
             slope si the slope of the function, I choose 0.2
Attachments
DH5 - Function trophy level.png
DH5 - Function trophy level.png (15.42 KiB) Viewed 433 times